Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Distracting words in Samyama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

confusedShiva

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2019 :  3:54:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've been practicing DP and samyama for a while now and I'm having a problem. Whenever I think of a word(sutra) and let it go, I can't help but think of a negative word. Now I either fight or accept the other word too. Fighting will make the other word stronger and acceptance brings fear (what if the negative word manifests?)

I just don't know what to do. Any ideas to tackle this are greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2019 :  10:00:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very unusual, funny how your mind has chosen this trick. Worthy of inquiry me thinks.

Love/Hate, Radiance/Blackness, Unity/Dismemberment...

Fear is not warranted; intention plays a big part so if you intend Love, that is favored in the passing. Accept the negative echo in amusement, yoga is playful if you’re open to that.

Edit:Welcome!

Edited by - Dogboy on Sep 27 2019 10:01:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2019 :  03:27:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ConfusedSiva,

Welcome to the forums!

Dropping negative words into silence will not produce greater negativity. So, you do not need to be worried. This is because inner silence does not work simply as an amplifier of everything that is dropped into it.

Inner silence has certain qualities, such as the quality of bliss and of divine love. For this reason, it will tend to amplify positive qualities that are dropped into it, but transform negative qualities. For example is we are experiencing anger and we release the anger into stillness, the anger will be dissolved and transformed into peacefulness and equanimity creating space for joy and bliss to arise. If we release joy into inner silence, the joy will become amplified and we will experience greater joy.

So, Samyama is actually quite an incredible practice in this way. As we progress further on the path, Samyama begins to become a natural way of being in the world, happening all of the time within us, with negative emotions or thoughts continuously dissolving in the inner silence and being transformed into joy and peace and bliss.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

confusedShiva

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2019 :  05:39:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you @Dogboy and @Christi for your explanations.

They were very helpful and is such a relief.
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2020 :  10:39:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Or you could give samyama a week's break and then see how it goes.
Go to Top of Page

dietarydongguan

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2020 :  07:22:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is funny in some way but glad you got an answer to your concern!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000