Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Samyama for brahmacharya
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Umang

India
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2019 :  06:27:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all
Recently I have struggled a little with brahmacharya. I feel a very strong desire to preserve my energy. For that reason, I was searching for some prayers online to get enough will power to fight the sexual urges. Is there a way to incorporate a form of prayer in my samyama practice specifically for progress in brahmacharya? What sutra can I use?

Stille

Germany
76 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2019 :  08:04:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Why not use the word brahmacharya itself?

On another note: I don't think fighting urges is in your best interest. Gently nudging your desires into a direction over time is a better (the yogic) way of handling the situation.

Releasing semen once in a while won't cripple your spiritual progress if you practise daily AYP. The process will take care of it's own in due time. If you feel like you really can't contain yourself, take a cold shower. Usually the desire to release is gone afterwards.

Go to Top of Page

Umang

India
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2019 :  03:21:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Stille.
Yes. I had thought of the same word as sutra. Just needed some confirmation. I agree about handling the situation in a yogic way. I don't want to use raw will power but gently nudge the cravings to get something fruitful out of them. I want to preserve semen mainly for physical reasons. I have observed that recovery after an intense calisthenics session takes time if I have lost semen. I will make sure to take cold showers more often. Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

Umang

India
27 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2020 :  12:05:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste all.

Finally I have succeeded in Brahmacharya. It has been 2.5 months since the last time I ejaculated my precious life energy. I didn't change anything in the samyama sutras. Just the one that was supposed to be practiced for additional 5 min was changed from ’strength’ to ’Akasha-lightness of air’. Looks like, that and spinal bhastrika have contributed well. I was also inspired a lot by the book ’practice of brahmacharya’ by swami sivananda.
I simply couldn't succeed with tantric sexual practices. So, I decided not to stimulate myself at all. It has worked wonderfully so far.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000