Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Samyama Sutras and Matrika Shakti
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hayley

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2019 :  3:27:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi
I was reading about Samyama and the Sutras, I haven't practised this yet as I am still working on the meditation and the breathing, and it seems that the sense of the word or the 'fuzziness' Yogani was saying is similar tp Matrika Shakti.
This seems to explain it well https://www.matrika.co/en/matrika-shakti/
I am very drawn to words, meanings and sounds and have done a lot of study of Qabbalah in this regards. A Qabbalist, essentially programmes essential qualities he/she gives to a letter and then uses the letters to trigger states of awareness and create formulas to explain abstract ideas.
The trouble I have found with words is that we are already pre-programmed, albeit unwittingly, with certain qualities of particular words or expressions.
Take love, for example, such a simple idea, yet so many complex interpretations in human thinking. And there can be so many underlying subconscious feelings and associations due to previous experiences of this idea as well as how we interpret that today.
Hence I guess why it's so important to purify those interpretations by detaching our association with our body and mind. If I let go the word love into the silence, but I still have painful feelings with the word love, will I get more than I bargained for? Am I sending off more karma or will my better self know what to do with it?
Another thing to consider is that science has long since discovered that our brains register an act/reaction/thought/idea seconds to us actually being aware.
So perhaps that's the moment we need to let go into the silence just before the impulse becomes a word? Not easy for me!
I have read in places that words create maya and are a symptom of the loss of our true selves. They bind us. But I don't think it's the word itself that binds but the interpretations we give them and the sense and feelings they give us. How do they sit in the heart?
Maybe we should all take up sign language and keep our mouths shut and then maybe the world stop talking nonsense and breath properly. That would make an interesting debate in the Houses of Parliament. I wonder what would be the sign for Brexit! :) - Om Mani Padme Hum.

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2019 :  05:49:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Hayley,

Again word of caution. Although we have all these goodies in the AYP toolbox for human spiritual transformation and we can read about them in a few days /weeks, it does not mean we can /should add on all these techniques in as many days. They are meant for gradual adding-on as we are ready over months and years. Some will simply be in-effective if we add them straight away; some will likely cause damage, impacting our progress negatively.

When I started Samyama years ago, dropping the "Love" into Stillness, I was looking for intimacy with a partner... so external love. This has evolved over the years and now when I drop in "Love" - in fact I have changed it to "Pure Love" - my subtle intent is to turn into a big puddle of pure, clear love where "I" am not but Love is.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

Hayley

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2019 :  12:07:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you SeySorciere
Good advice and I agree I need to take things slowly. I don't feel ready yet for Samyama as I am still enjoying working on the meditation. I struggled at first switching my scatty thoughts off but the mantra is helping a lot. I do say I with the in breath and am with the out breath. Is that right? It seems to help me get to a calm place.
As for love, well I have found my life experiences to be the greatest teacher, although it's only with age I have come to that conclusion. Since childhood I felt I was lacking love so I looked and tried to get that love from others. This caused a lot of misery fro me and for others as obviously they couldn't give me the the love I wanted to fill that gaping hole. I think a sense of lack creates a negative vacuum that sucks the life out of people. Anyway it was only when I stopped looking for love after another miserable relationship, became celibate and started to take care of myself better that I suddenly began to realise that I didn't need to find love as I already had it because I was love. This understanding came all of a sudden one day! At the time I was trying to meditate by focusing on my heart and reciting the mantra 'I am love, I am loved'. That revelation totally turned my life around. Now I don't feel any need to 'get love' as I already have it and now I am so full up with love that I just want to share it. Now I feel like I am giving instead of taking. Now I see how I was trapped into a false belief that dictated my desires and actions and created suffering.
I love your description of becoming a puddle of pure, clear love. That's so great! It's been raining here today and every time I saw a puddle I have thought of that
Thank you
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2019 :  2:51:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i once saw a puddle of love
a murky dawn on a stormy sea
it moved my heart in all directions
i sailed on her it set me free

some avoid this watery wet
and step over or walk around
not knowing the joy of jumping
without wellies is very sound

in its reflection one might see
a changing face beyond the ripple
the sky upturned and clouds galore
its better than your favourite tipple

maybe its time to jump right in
splash the others with feet abound
soaking wet from the love you've found
Go to Top of Page

Hayley

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2019 :  6:12:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love that Kumar ul islam! Did you write that?
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2019 :  2:56:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hayley it's a game of bounce with guru at the centre the I exists but only in the sense of you say I respond you do I react ,the puddle of love is such a great metaphor as it something we regularly would like to avoid but within its existence lies a whole universe waiting to be discovered a little like ourselves from this all poetry is unveiled or revealed blessings to you .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000