Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 From Dreamer/thinker to becoming a doer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeekingMyGuru

India
4 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2019 :  12:52:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi guys

Need some advice
I just want to become a doer
I believe I have so much potential
But I am unable to harvest them

Laziness and overthinking
Is my draw back

And maybe lack of fear and confidence that shouldn't exit
Being so unproductive
Kinda use less
Wasted 3 years of life
By taking a huge risk in my life (moved from France to India for my love) quitting my engineering studies and pursue CA (chartered accountancy) which I like better then engineering.

I just don't understand my self

I have had some success in my life
But it's been 3 years

I gotta change
Please help me

Stille

Germany
76 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2019 :  2:05:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear SeekingMyGuru,

I suggest you start a sincere AYP practise routine, including Deep Meditation. That will put everything else into a new perspective and benefit your life in many ways. You can start reading the main lessons here: https://www.aypsite.org/10.html

Go to Top of Page

Hayley

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2019 :  11:14:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SeekingMyGuru

I struggled with too much thinking and not enough doing.
This was also because I lacked confidence and was fearful of failure,
To the degree where I would think myself out of doing anything!
(especially stuff like calls I needed to make etc, because there was always tomorrow, but tomorrow never comes!)
One of the tricks I've learned to overcome this is to write myself a little list the night before of things I need to do as well as things I want to do. Keep it small so you don't get overwhelmed.
And then in the morning I would take a deep breath and then just do the things I needed to do without thinking about them.
Just throw yourself in and do it basically.
The trouble with over-thinking is that it can be fuel behind fear. The more you think the more you get anxious and fearful and it can be like a vicious circle.
I have also found doing asanas helpful to get me motivated. I just do the sun salutations before I meditate.
As Stille said, meditation helps. Since I have started to meditate daily, for almost 2 months now I have found I am so much calmer and focused. I find that the calm focus you get from meditation begins to infuse itself into every day life.
I used to get anxious about a lot of stuff but now I feel that I couldn't get anxious even if I tried!
If I find my thoughts overwhelming, negative or I am being carried away with them I recite the mantra Om mani padme hum to myself which seems to calm my thoughts down as they don't get the opportunity to hijack me.
I hope that helps.
Best regards
Hayley
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2019 :  11:40:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Another jumpstart: if you see a task you can finish in five minutes, then do it now. At the end of the day a lot of daily flotsam/jetsam has been cleared, and this success builds upon itself.

If you are avoiding a larger project, then devote five minutes to it every day. This will happen: you’re establishing momentum in small bites, and often you get on a roll and go beyond the five. Winning all around!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000