Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 AYP and Flow state
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeekingMyGuru

India
4 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2019 :  12:41:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone
Any yoga/meditation/AYP techniques to trigger flow state
A state of high productivity
And alertness
They all so call it being in the "zone"

Being student
Studying boring/dry parts of the syllabus takes lots of self discipline

Is there any yogic way of being in flow and productive 24/7

Thank you

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2019 :  9:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yoga gradually chips away at the obstacles leading you into that zone that you talk about. But it is not overnight, though. As for boring, even Elan Musk is boring underground. But he is doing that to find new solutions to our traffic problems.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2019 :  06:43:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SMG,

As Justmail says, there are no overnight solutions. However, if you regularly meditate for a couple of months, you will see a change in the right direction. In case you have not done it, read the meditation instructions and do it. Pay attention to the meditation practice. The focus cultivated through meditation will transfer to other areas of your life. The meditation will change your attitude toward yourself and the world, and you will find a deeper meaning in what you do.

Paying attention is key to a state of flow. It is easy to do it when what we do is important for us. As Shiniki Suzuki says, "When love is deep, much can be accomplished." I am lucky to have a job that I love, and the days literally flow between the time I start to work and the moment when I discover that I have to cook dinner. Thus, other things that are important for a state of flow are doing something you love, staying motivated and engaged, organizing your environment to have less distractions, taking care of things in your life so they do not compete for your attention when you work, making list of things that need to be done and ways to do them, having a regular disciplined schedule (such as working for some hours at the same day every day, so the state of flow becomes a habit). As with most things in life, the more you do it, the easier it gets. Focus on the process, not on results.

The guru is in you!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000