Bhakti and Karma Yoga
 Is addiction simply misplaced bhakti?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

redbushlighter

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2019 :  12:59:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Is there a connection between the two? I feel like addicts are generally very devoted people, albeit devoted to the "wrong" thing. Is this the case? Is addiction misplaced bhakti?

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2019 :  1:31:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
we desire, therefore we desire, whether this be drugs or a greater sense of who we are, there are levels of needs also in this there are fulfilling our basic needs this leads to greater ones or different ones ,drugs alcohol ,play there part in this, recreational but sometimes destructive creating patterns of behaviour which are reinforced by culture social group ect, bhakti i would say is a particular desire and only when bhakti is realised does this become apparent so desire for drugs is a desire for altered states but in my mind not bhakti .
Go to Top of Page

laakshi

India
3 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2020 :  3:20:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nope! Both of them are seprate. Some people have a balance between the two, and do their job effectively in both the areas!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000