Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 advice for a deep meditation and long held problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

adityasharma

India
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2019 :  09:56:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear Yogani and AYP members,

I am Aditya from Bhopal (India), first of all I thank you yogani and all the divine AYP members for these wonderful teachings and posts.I sincerely seek all of your guidance regarding a problem that I am facing for several years.I started doing mindfulness of breathing meditation about 5 years ago via learning through books and videos, as I was new and very enthusiastic about meditation I put hard focus and efforts in my meditation and one day after my session was over I started to feel heaviness in my forehead around my eyes. Firstly I thought its some physical issue so I went the traditional route ENT, Neuro all sorts of tests and doctors plus acupuncture but they didn't find any problem with me. Then one psychic lady told me that my third eye center is in the process of opening but the pressure that I feel is constant in my waking hours.As I am a Software Engineer by profession it makes my job bit tough because concentration becomes a problem but I do manage.Few weeks ago I came across AYP deep meditation and started doing I AM mantra based meditation.I have read and understood that I am mantra purifies complete spinal nerve from third eye till root. My question is should I continue my meditation to let the purification takes place via deep meditation because I really want to progress on my spiritual path and yet dissolve these symptoms.

Please guide me.
With lots of love and warm regards
Aditya

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2019 :  11:09:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello aditysharma, welcome

Is this a true pain in your head, or more like pressure, as if wearing a hat? The first would be more concerting, the hat wearing, not so much. If you have a disciplined practice, then I believe your psychic friend’s observation is correct. As you are aware, AYP advocates reducing practice when symptoms become troublesome. If you are having trouble concentrating, then reduce practice and observe.

Remember you are rewiring your neurobiology by being on the path, of course symptoms come up along the way, some temporary, some permanent. For the past few years I can “hear” inner silence in my left ear. It fluctuates soft or loud, depending on energy flow; it is the symphony of deep woods crickets at night. If I had a mental health issue, I could see how this 24/7 background pitch could be troublesome.

I would continue DM, with curiosity, and self pace, as necessary. Engineer the practice that suits you, to keep you returning to your mat or cushion. If you are not yet doing SBP, then do that next, when you are stable. SBP is a nice way to set you up for DM.

Edit: wording

Edited by - Dogboy on Jul 15 2019 11:23:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2019 :  05:31:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to AYP Aditya

I second Dogboy's advice.

Also look up grounding topics on this website/forum.
Some symptoms, like pressure in the head, may be unavoidable, but we reduce them as much as possible by self-pacing and grounding.

Best wishes
Go to Top of Page

adityasharma

India
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2019 :  03:36:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much Dogboy and BlueRainCoat for your helpful responses. Answering to Dogboy the pressure is more like a hat or its like I have some weight on my forehead example a sort of brick is being placed on my forehead. Yes I will follow your guidance and do grounding and necessary self pacing, one thing I have observed that after DM my symptoms dont increases rather I feel calm because I do DM in a very relaxed way and with full awareness of my being not focusing too hard and let the I AM mantra flow on its own with a delicate mindfulness (like a butterfly taking nectar from flower) not to get lost in thoughts stream.

Just one question to all the divine AYP members as I have read about I AM mantra it cleanses or purifies all the chakras from root chakra till third eye chakra right? Please add to it if the I AM mantra does more than that, I am curious to know all I can about this powerful Mantra that dear Yogani has chosen

Many regards
Adi
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2019 :  9:25:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Read lesson 188 for the specifics. But you are welcome to read all the lessons.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000