Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Intense screeching, whooshing kundalini surges hlp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shaktidevi

Sweden
22 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2019 :  3:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone, it’s been a while since I posted last, since then I read both Yoganis big books, I’m doing some of the practices mixed with my own.

So it seems every couple of months during sleep time I still get these kundalini surges, it’s like I think here we go again brace yourself and it begins, can be anywhere from 3 or more big blast surges from root to out of crown, last I heard was high pitched screeching, then whooshing and crickets every time the energy blasted upwards, even some sexual arousal, I could hear my husbands voice saying words but couldn’t understand, my body was paralysed.

So every couple of months this happens each time a little different sometimes some shaking might happen. This week it happened twice I guess because I got attunement to level2 reiki.
I’m feeling quite scared but at times I trust the process, I read something online about a guy with k surges and he ended up damaging his brain.
I’m trying to ground, I can’t help feel scared at times that one night it might go to much and damage me.
Please someone tell me this is ok and it’s normal kundalini purification!
Also I posted long back about sun salutations and when I bend my head back I get a blast of energy upwards seeing white light, hearing buzzing of different frequencies or some other sounds I can’t describe or roaring sounds maybe, whole body convulses sometimes a lot sometimes a little, is this normal? I usually just stop sun salutations and then do gentle postures.

I really don’t want to short circuit, please tell me this is going normal?
Thank you blessings

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2019 :  04:12:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shaktidevi,

What you describe above are normal classical symptoms of the kundalini awakening process. Sounds, automatic movements, surges, arousal, images. These symptoms can be blissful, ecstatic and devastating ecstatic, like we are balancing on the edge of infinity.

If you notice during the day that there is irritability, pressure in the head, head-ache, or fuzziness, it is time to self-pace. Otherwise enjoy the journey, you can trust yourself, you are getting to know yourself.

Grounding stays an important tool during the journey. Take care with too much energy work.

Keep in mind that a highly active asana practice and pranayama aggravates energy and gentle asana and meditation increases inner silence. Finding a balance is the ongoing challenge of the yogi.

Like Yogani says,
the guru is in you

Go to Top of Page

Shaktidevi

Sweden
22 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2019 :  05:25:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

Hi Shaktidevi,

What you describe above are normal classical symptoms of the kundalini awakening process. Sounds, automatic movements, surges, arousal, images. These symptoms can be blissful, ecstatic and devastating ecstatic, like we are balancing on the edge of infinity.

If you notice during the day that there is irritability, pressure in the head, head-ache, or fuzziness, it is time to self-pace. Otherwise enjoy the journey, you can trust yourself, you are getting to know yourself.

Grounding stays an important tool during the journey. Take care with too much energy work.

Keep in mind that a highly active asana practice and pranayama aggravates energy and gentle asana and meditation increases inner silence. Finding a balance is the ongoing challenge of the yogi.

Like Yogani says,
the guru is in you

Thank you feeling not as freaked out!

So then regarding the self pacing, I don’t get head pressure but I sometimes get internal ear pressure which started about 2 months ago, it’s mostly settled but now I get cracking/popping kind of sound inside my ears back of head neck area, I asked a reiki master and they said it’s my clairauidance coming through, but I somehow doubt this. Is this just scenery or should I self pace? Maybe it’s just the yoga mixed with reiki that’s causing this.

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2019 :  06:25:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We can have all kind of sensations and experiences, what you describe above we can see as opening up of the inner senses to a wider perspective than we had before. In AYP we do not micromanage and analyse sensations and experiences. We all have our individual journey, experiences, openings and obstacles, the practice is to enjoy and move on. To be in the present moment.

Self-pacing is needed if we find ourself overwhelmed or in discomfort like mentioned in the earlier reply. Sensations come and go and also this one will pass eventually. It is normal for most of us to have sensations.

With mixing practices we have to be careful not to overdo,....overdoing results in too much purification, which brings us discomfort. For that reason never take up more than one new practice a time. If you take one step a time you learn to know how the practice is working in you, and how to manage the practices.

Go with the flow,

Go to Top of Page

Shaktidevi

Sweden
22 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2019 :  08:11:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

We can have all kind of sensations and experiences, what you describe above we can see as opening up of the inner senses to a wider perspective than we had before. In AYP we do not micromanage and analyse sensations and experiences. We all have our individual journey, experiences, openings and obstacles, the practice is to enjoy and move on. To be in the present moment.

Self-pacing is needed if we find ourself overwhelmed or in discomfort like mentioned in the earlier reply. Sensations come and go and also this one will pass eventually. It is normal for most of us to have sensations.

With mixing practices we have to be careful not to overdo,....overdoing results in too much purification, which brings us discomfort. For that reason never take up more than one new practice a time. If you take one step a time you learn to know how the practice is working in you, and how to manage the practices.

Go with the flow,

Perfect thank you Charliedog!

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2019 :  08:27:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2019 :  7:07:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello again Shaktidevi!

Agree with Charliedog on all comments; nothing to fear: observe, enjoy, release. I currently experience an uptick in automatic movements, in particular during rest after the session. I know I could stop them at will, but let them happen, as much for my amusement as anything! As for grounding, just include it in your everyday, there are so many ways to ground oneself and by including it it will help the process without a thought. One of my favorite ways to ground (when over-energetic) is simply to engage with others. Energy follows attention; by directing attention away from your internal symptoms they lessen without much effort. Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

Shaktidevi

Sweden
22 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2019 :  01:25:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Hello again Shaktidevi!

Agree with Charliedog on all comments; nothing to fear: observe, enjoy, release. I currently experience an uptick in automatic movements, in particular during rest after the session. I know I could stop them at will, but let them happen, as much for my amusement as anything! As for grounding, just include it in your everyday, there are so many ways to ground oneself and by including it it will help the process without a thought. One of my favorite ways to ground (when over-energetic) is simply to engage with others. Energy follows attention; by directing attention away from your internal symptoms they lessen without much effort. Cheers!

Thanks Dogboy! much appreciated! I have noticed when I put my energy out into the world it lessens especially when I go and do “normal “ stuff with my friends! Haha
As soon as I get home I feel my body starting to vibrate! Haha
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000