Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Vajroli
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  2:01:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
From a recent email exchange:
------------

Q: When an ecstatic conductive state in the nervous system is created either through tantric practice (non-ejaculate) or kechari activity and semen is discharged some time later (could be hours or days later) through the bladder as seen in the urine.

I have heard 2 things, (1) that the subtle energy has already been taken up by the nervous system and transformed into its refined state or (2) that the discharge is of no real consequence or the other point of view is that it is an important loss and to be avoided.

Can you comment from your understanding, both directly as experienced in your own body as well as what do the best (true authentic, based on reality) teachings have to say about it?

I should say thirdly, could it be that it is far far better than an actual ejaculation to discharge in the urine, because in my case there appears to be a great benefit to rouse the pre-orgasmic energies for meditative purposes.

I believe I have been experiencing the upper semen as Shiva refers to it, which is then showering the cells and nervous system with soma.

Especially since being blessed with the unfoldment of Kechari along with regular yogic practice.

Feel free to share the email anonymously as I think it is an important question, although it is not unlikely that you have covered it already, I have not found much anywhere on this important topic.

A: I believe this lesson covers it:

http://www.aypsite.org/T30.html

There is also a clarifying addition to the corresponding lesson in the AYP Easy Lessons book. It is covered in the little Tantra book also.

As the spiritual neurobiology advances and matures, so does the processing occurring within the bladder itself, as well as the process of drawing semen up into it. It becomes an automatic 24 hour process, directly related to the rise of ecstatic conductivity. All of the practices we are using (beginning with deep meditation) contribute to the evolution of this higher biology. Directing semen into the bladder alone will not promote the expansion of sexual function upward -- a common misunderstanding. Neither will celibacy alone. It takes an integration of practices over time to achieve the result.

It is experiential here. In the past I have read many sources on the subject -- yogic, tantric and taoist. While there is the greatest respect here for Svatmarama's Hatha Yoga Pradipika, I believe it is off the beam on vajroli, and this has led to poor understanding and misguided practice in this important area. AYP attempts to clear it up. A sound strategy for keeping the horse in the barn (holdback and blocking combined with a full range of yoga practices) is far superior to a strategy for getting the already escaped horse back into the barn (external vajroli).

You are on the right track. It takes time...

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000