Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 After months of grounding it's not enough
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Piruz

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2019 :  7:35:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The energy or tensity is still there and though it does move around it's still more dynamically present in some parts than others, indicating the blockages are still a problem. I've been doing grounding activities for over two months, namely taking long walks and eating more and like I said I do feel better and am able to sleep and function (to an extent) but my progress can hardly be described as linear and some days are worse than others.

The upper frontal region of my body is particularly in pain and feels like it's about to explode. Sometimes, after a short period of breathing (especially before sleeping), the energy climbs up and the spine is triggered and yes, the third eye and crown are again awoken, causing shocks that wake me up just as I'm falling asleep. Not a single night goes by without an aggressive spinal shock doesn't wake me up in fear and interrupt my sleep. The energy may be grounded sometimes, but it still wants to climb up!

Which brings me to my point. I don't think these grounding activities are cutting it. It's like the energy won't just "go back to sleep" and "wants to climb up" or settle at some point of the body but is naturally facing resistance. Grounding isn't cutting it, so I want to do more.

The metaphorical mythology of Shiva (third eye) and Shakti (Kundalini in motion aka the energy that's climbing up) appeals to me. It says there's a technique called spinal breathing that gets Shiva to get down with Shakti wherever it may be at the body, instead of letting Shakti tear the nervous system apart trying to climb up and bond with Shiva. Do I do spinal breathing?

What about yoga postures to stimulate energy release/integration in some of the upset regions? Also why would Tai Che help? It's a martial art not a yoga isn't it?

I need a better understanding of what's happening guys, please!

Dogboy

USA
1566 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2019 :  8:44:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello again Piruz

Your first post was in April, the second in May; a premature awakening can take longer than a couple months to abate, unfortunately. I noticed this lesson was not suggested in either of your prior posts, so read through it to see if there is anything helpful there:

https://www.aypsite.org/69.html

I was not prematurely awakened, so perhaps other yogis that were can chime in here. Spinal breathing may help smooth out energy in the rougher moments, you will have to try it (in small doses) to see if it offers relief. My understanding about Thai chi practice (again, no experience with it) is it gently directs energy, so you may find it will move energy from those dynamic areas, again, it is trial and error and may not provide relief for everyone. I would keep up your current grounding activities and supplement it with different ones. Have you tried swimming or taking a long bath, or even a cold shower? Water can be very grounding, at least in my experience; drink extra fluids, eat watermelon and other juicy fruits. I have also heard undergoing a mud treatment at a spa (even lying down in freshly tilled earth) can benefit.

I have also heard you can talk with kundalini, and ask it for relief or a reprieve in the tougher moments.
Go to Top of Page

Jourdain

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2019 :  01:38:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Piruz,

I recall a long-running thread on this forum, discussing a kind of block that sounds similar to yours, started by longtime reader "Jim and His Karma" in 2007. He introduced it with these words:

quote:
Many, if not most, kundalini awakening problems stem from a block in the front channel. The front channel is the pathway by which energy drains from the head down the front of the body to the root/perineum. If this channel is blocked when kundalini shoots up the back, the result will be an uncomfortable pooling of energy in the head (at ajna, crown, and/or top of the neck), which is unable to drain down.

Note that there is no practical difference between "opening the front channel" and "grounding one's energy". Energy grounds down the front channel. A block in front channel is a block to grounding.

It is possible to notice and deal with a front channel block before kundalini awakens, but, naturally, the problem becomes a lot more evident when energy really ramps up (i.e. kundalini awakening).

The following information is the result of 25 years of very hard work, including full-time attention for the past five years. I won't bore you with the details of my quest, but believe me when I say that I've tried every possible resource for opening a front channel. I'm not sure there's anyone alive who's worked harder on this issue, and I've found some solutions, which I'd like to share.

If it sounds to you like Jim was talking about the same kind of problem you're having, the thread can be found here:

https://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...OPIC_ID=3296

To change the subject a little, I did tai chi for a couple of years, and wish I hadn't stopped. Yes, it's a martial art, but the moves are mostly practiced slowly to begin with, so that you're aware of every last little thing you're doing in movement, down to the level of "subtle energies". So then you're more aware of those in general, and naturally seek to harmonize them with one another, and then with the energies of others and the surroundings. The result is that anyone who knows enough tai chi to use in a fight, is just really unlikely to get into a fight in the first place.

But the "harmonizing your own energies with one another" is the part that might appeal to you most at present. I actually think the warmup exercises my teacher had us do -- called chan si gong, not necessarily a kind of qigong but overlapping with it, I think -- did as much or more to balance out whatever was going on in me when I came to class than the tai chi itself did.

One more thing, about pain. The witnessing technique described toward the end of AYP Lesson 15, for use with distracting sensations during meditation, can be really helpful in general. (Link:)

https://www.aypsite.org/15.html

I stumbled upon essentially the same thing years ago, but I went a step or two further--possibly too far, you'd have to decide that; certainly this would be out of place in a meditation--and accepted the pain as part of my awareness and therefore part of me. I generally find my sense of self to be centered somewhere in the body; when I try to find where, it keeps moving around, but when I decide it's behind my left eye, or in my chest, it's as if my whole experience then organizes itself around that place. If I center my bodily awareness on a pain, with complete acceptance--being willing to be the pain--it always becomes less, at least for a while, sometimes goes away, and usually tells me something I can do to relieve it further. For me at least, it works as well or better on what seem to be kundalini pains as on other kinds. But of course it's not easy to accept pain, and I'm often reluctant at first to try this method myself, even with a firm belief that it works.

I didn't mean to post at such length but I hope something in here is useful to you, and, more importantly, that you feel better soon.

Edited by - Jourdain on Jun 06 2019 12:08:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2088 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2019 :  5:30:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jim and His Karma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
The upper frontal region of my body is particularly in pain and feels like it's about to explode.

Put your attention just below this point (front/grounding blocks are below the problem; back problems are above it). And dilate there...like you dilate your ears when you're in a plane, or your rectum during elimination. Don't make it an obsession - self pace this so it's just a bit of attention a few times per day. Any more will be counterproductive, so work staunchly against overdoing it. Make it a subtle action, small as you can. Do it for a short amount of time. And repeat it infrequently.

Your hot-headed bhakti-fueled instincts - and your physical distress - will want to overdo this. Stay cool! Vehemence is not the solution to everything (certainly not for over-vehemence)!

In my case, when my block in that area dissolved, I very quickly (within 12 hours) experienced diarrhea, fever, and severe kidney pain. You may have other "healing crisis" symptoms. Go to doctor if you feel worried, but if the doctor is mystified, you can usually count on it being a yoga thing. Just give it time.

As for "grounding not cutting it", the activities you are doing are fairly mild. See the thread Jourdain linked to for other possibilities. But don't go crazy, immersing in tons of grounding activities in a frantic, obsessive way. Devoted overdoing got you into this mess; rational moderation will get you out.

quote:
What about yoga postures to stimulate energy release/integration in some of the upset regions?

Take this as fundamental truth: you don't need any more energy stimulation. Don't mess with your energy, and certainly don't stimulate more. Seek cool, grounding, normalcy. Don't be super geared-up in finding and applying a super geared-up solution to your predicament of being super geared-up because you did too much super geared-up spiritual practice. Go the other way.

"When you're holding a hammer in your hand, every problem looks like a nail" - Abraham Maslow (paraphrased)

quote:
I need a better understanding of what's happening guys, please!

Forget it. It's not comprehensible. Be ok in not knowing, and seek equanimity in the silence from whence these fireworks shoot. You are the silence, and the fireworks are just more life stuff/mystery/sh*t/entertainment/problems to enjoy working through. If all the stuff/mystery/sh*t/entertainment/problems were to be eliminated, if all your ducks could be put in a row, you'd be so bored you'd be seeking out DVDs and computer games and rollercoaster rides and sex and drugs and rock and roll to try to feel something; to restart the infectiously entertaining stuff/mystery/sh*t/entertainment/problems that constitute your reason for being here in the first place. Enjoy the show. Remember you're a spectator, you're not the movie. You don't really want spoilers, that's just part of your geared-up-ness.
Go to Top of Page

Jourdain

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2019 :  02:38:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There you have it.

(Geared-up-ness is one of my problems as well. Thanks, Jim!)
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
934 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2019 :  08:35:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Piruz,

Jim gives some good tips in that thread. They are worth trying. Start with the simplest like walking a little longer. Maybe try dropping the idea of grounding all together. Think of it as a little more balance.

There are lots of options. I went the route of talking to spiritual friends and asking jonesboy for help which led to energy connections. Has it all been peaches and roses? No. That's my path anyway.

Tai Chi is worth a go. Some do acupuncture or Reiki. Maybe, you are drawn to something?

Take care,
Lori
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2088 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2019 :  09:49:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jim and His Karma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to help.

I disagree with Lori about “spiritual friends”. Hang out with, like, butchers and plumbers. Go for normality to balance a surfeit or spirituality. Not yet more spirituality. Remember the hammer.

And there is not an acupuncturist or reiki healer in the world who can give you LESS energy. That’s not in their wheelhouse. Don’t go to woo-woo people looking to be fixed. They all traffic in increased energy and spirituality. They’re for people with the opposite problem. Tai chi may help (per my grounding thread).

You need diners and lines at the post office and DMV, not more spiritual stuff. Don’t go where you’re drawn - you’re drawn - duh - to super geared-up spirituality and fireworks. Go the OTHER way. Again: don’t treat overspiritualization with a spiritual toolset and mindset.

I do like the suggestion not calling it grounding. Maybe call it “normality”.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
934 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2019 :  07:06:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello. I was responding to the "There you have it" comment and being open about what I've done. I'd hate for someone to not know different ways. Like I said, it's not been peaches and roses for me.

P.S. Jim is a good spiritual friend. Yes, I said it!

Take care,
Lori
Go to Top of Page

Jourdain

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2019 :  12:50:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

Hello. I was responding to the "There you have it" comment and being open about what I've done. I'd hate for someone to not know different ways. Like I said, it's not been peaches and roses for me.

P.S. Jim is a good spiritual friend. Yes, I said it!

Take care,
Lori

And I, in turn, by "there you have it", didn't mean that Jim's comment exhausted the field of discussion, or was authoritative except about the meaning of his own posts in the thread I had linked, but I certainly see how it may read that way. I should have taken more time over it.

It's funny, I've read so many messages from both you and Jim that I feel I know you both to an extent, but of course I don't, and if I'm not mistaken this is my first interaction with either of you, or Piruz. I hope I haven't upset anyone.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2088 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2019 :  11:35:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jim and His Karma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This isn't about me or Lori. It's about you, and anyone reading along who might be feeling a similar sense of desperation. Lori and I are trying to help in our respective ways. That's all. It's about helping, not feelings.
Go to Top of Page

Jourdain

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2019 :  1:25:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome!
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2088 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2019 :  12:25:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jim and His Karma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33
It's not been peaches and roses for me.

Anything I can help brainstorm?
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Join the Mail List:
News and Events
Near You

AYP PLUS PREVIEW

Direct Downloads

eBooks - PDF, EPUB
and MOBI-KINDLE

FREE eBooks with
MP3 AudioBooks

SAVE  with Bundled
Multi-Title Downloads

Preview
AYP Books

(PDF Books Flyer)

Easy Lessons

Advanced Yoga Practices Book

Spiritual
Adventure Novel

The Secrets of Wilder Novel

Enlightenment Series

Deep Meditation Book

Spinal Breathing Pranayama Book

Tantra Book

Asanas, Mudras & Bandhas Book

Samyama Book

Diet, Shatkarmas and Amaroli Book

Self-Inquiry Book

Bhakti and Karma Yoga Book

Eight Limbs of Yoga Book

Eight Limbs of Yoga Book

Questions & Answers

Public Home | Plus Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | Topic Paths | Interviews | Videos | Site Search | Links Section | Testimonials | AYP Survey | Books | Downloads | Contact