New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Piruz

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2019 :  7:35:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The energy or tensity is still there and though it does move around it's still more dynamically present in some parts than others, indicating the blockages are still a problem. I've been doing grounding activities for over two months, namely taking long walks and eating more and like I said I do feel better and am able to sleep and function (to an extent) but my progress can hardly be described as linear and some days are worse than others.

The upper frontal region of my body is particularly in pain and feels like it's about to explode. Sometimes, after a short period of breathing (especially before sleeping), the energy climbs up and the spine is triggered and yes, the third eye and crown are again awoken, causing shocks that wake me up just as I'm falling asleep. Not a single night goes by without an aggressive spinal shock doesn't wake me up in fear and interrupt my sleep. The energy may be grounded sometimes, but it still wants to climb up!

Which brings me to my point. I don't think these grounding activities are cutting it. It's like the energy won't just "go back to sleep" and "wants to climb up" or settle at some point of the body but is naturally facing resistance. Grounding isn't cutting it, so I want to do more.

The metaphorical mythology of Shiva (third eye) and Shakti (Kundalini in motion aka the energy that's climbing up) appeals to me. It says there's a technique called spinal breathing that gets Shiva to get down with Shakti wherever it may be at the body, instead of letting Shakti tear the nervous system apart trying to climb up and bond with Shiva. Do I do spinal breathing?

What about yoga postures to stimulate energy release/integration in some of the upset regions? Also why would Tai Che help? It's a martial art not a yoga isn't it?

I need a better understanding of what's happening guys, please!

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2019 :  8:44:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello again Piruz

Your first post was in April, the second in May; a premature awakening can take longer than a couple months to abate, unfortunately. I noticed this lesson was not suggested in either of your prior posts, so read through it to see if there is anything helpful there:

https://www.aypsite.org/69.html

I was not prematurely awakened, so perhaps other yogis that were can chime in here. Spinal breathing may help smooth out energy in the rougher moments, you will have to try it (in small doses) to see if it offers relief. My understanding about Thai chi practice (again, no experience with it) is it gently directs energy, so you may find it will move energy from those dynamic areas, again, it is trial and error and may not provide relief for everyone. I would keep up your current grounding activities and supplement it with different ones. Have you tried swimming or taking a long bath, or even a cold shower? Water can be very grounding, at least in my experience; drink extra fluids, eat watermelon and other juicy fruits. I have also heard undergoing a mud treatment at a spa (even lying down in freshly tilled earth) can benefit.

I have also heard you can talk with kundalini, and ask it for relief or a reprieve in the tougher moments.
Go to Top of Page

Jourdain

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2019 :  01:38:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Piruz,

I recall a long-running thread on this forum, discussing a kind of block that sounds similar to yours, started by longtime reader "Jim and His Karma" in 2007. He introduced it with these words:

quote:
Many, if not most, kundalini awakening problems stem from a block in the front channel. The front channel is the pathway by which energy drains from the head down the front of the body to the root/perineum. If this channel is blocked when kundalini shoots up the back, the result will be an uncomfortable pooling of energy in the head (at ajna, crown, and/or top of the neck), which is unable to drain down.

Note that there is no practical difference between "opening the front channel" and "grounding one's energy". Energy grounds down the front channel. A block in front channel is a block to grounding.

It is possible to notice and deal with a front channel block before kundalini awakens, but, naturally, the problem becomes a lot more evident when energy really ramps up (i.e. kundalini awakening).

The following information is the result of 25 years of very hard work, including full-time attention for the past five years. I won't bore you with the details of my quest, but believe me when I say that I've tried every possible resource for opening a front channel. I'm not sure there's anyone alive who's worked harder on this issue, and I've found some solutions, which I'd like to share.

If it sounds to you like Jim was talking about the same kind of problem you're having, the thread can be found here:

https://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...OPIC_ID=3296

To change the subject a little, I did tai chi for a couple of years, and wish I hadn't stopped. Yes, it's a martial art, but the moves are mostly practiced slowly to begin with, so that you're aware of every last little thing you're doing in movement, down to the level of "subtle energies". So then you're more aware of those in general, and naturally seek to harmonize them with one another, and then with the energies of others and the surroundings. The result is that anyone who knows enough tai chi to use in a fight, is just really unlikely to get into a fight in the first place.

But the "harmonizing your own energies with one another" is the part that might appeal to you most at present. I actually think the warmup exercises my teacher had us do -- called chan si gong, not necessarily a kind of qigong but overlapping with it, I think -- did as much or more to balance out whatever was going on in me when I came to class than the tai chi itself did.

One more thing, about pain. The witnessing technique described toward the end of AYP Lesson 15, for use with distracting sensations during meditation, can be really helpful in general. (Link:)

https://www.aypsite.org/15.html

I stumbled upon essentially the same thing years ago, but I went a step or two further--possibly too far, you'd have to decide that; certainly this would be out of place in a meditation--and accepted the pain as part of my awareness and therefore part of me. I generally find my sense of self to be centered somewhere in the body; when I try to find where, it keeps moving around, but when I decide it's behind my left eye, or in my chest, it's as if my whole experience then organizes itself around that place. If I center my bodily awareness on a pain, with complete acceptance--being willing to be the pain--it always becomes less, at least for a while, sometimes goes away, and usually tells me something I can do to relieve it further. For me at least, it works as well or better on what seem to be kundalini pains as on other kinds. But of course it's not easy to accept pain, and I'm often reluctant at first to try this method myself, even with a firm belief that it works.

I didn't mean to post at such length but I hope something in here is useful to you, and, more importantly, that you feel better soon.

Edited by - Jourdain on Jun 06 2019 12:08:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2019 :  5:30:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
The upper frontal region of my body is particularly in pain and feels like it's about to explode.

Put your attention just below this point (front/grounding blocks are below the problem; back problems are above it). And dilate there...like you dilate your ears when you're in a plane, or your rectum during elimination. Don't make it an obsession - self pace this so it's just a bit of attention a few times per day. Any more will be counterproductive, so work staunchly against overdoing it. Make it a subtle action, small as you can. Do it for a short amount of time. And repeat it infrequently.

Your hot-headed bhakti-fueled instincts - and your physical distress - will want to overdo this. Stay cool! Vehemence is not the solution to everything (certainly not for over-vehemence)!

In my case, when my block in that area dissolved, I very quickly (within 12 hours) experienced diarrhea, fever, and severe kidney pain. You may have other "healing crisis" symptoms. Go to doctor if you feel worried, but if the doctor is mystified, you can usually count on it being a yoga thing. Just give it time.

As for "grounding not cutting it", the activities you are doing are fairly mild. See the thread Jourdain linked to for other possibilities. But don't go crazy, immersing in tons of grounding activities in a frantic, obsessive way. Devoted overdoing got you into this mess; rational moderation will get you out.

quote:
What about yoga postures to stimulate energy release/integration in some of the upset regions?

Take this as fundamental truth: you don't need any more energy stimulation. Don't mess with your energy, and certainly don't stimulate more. Seek cool, grounding, normalcy. Don't be super geared-up in finding and applying a super geared-up solution to your predicament of being super geared-up because you did too much super geared-up spiritual practice. Go the other way.

"When you're holding a hammer in your hand, every problem looks like a nail" - Abraham Maslow (paraphrased)

quote:

Forget it. It's not comprehensible. Be ok in not knowing, and seek equanimity in the silence from whence these fireworks shoot. You are the silence, and the fireworks are just more life stuff/mystery/sh*t/entertainment/problems to enjoy working through. If all the stuff/mystery/sh*t/entertainment/problems were to be eliminated, if all your ducks could be put in a row, you'd be so bored you'd be seeking out DVDs and computer games and rollercoaster rides and sex and drugs and rock and roll to try to feel something; to restart the infectiously entertaining stuff/mystery/sh*t/entertainment/problems that constitute your reason for being here in the first place. Enjoy the show. Remember you're a spectator, you're not the movie. You don't really want spoilers, that's just part of your geared-up-ness.
Go to Top of Page

Jourdain

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2019 :  02:38:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There you have it.

(Geared-up-ness is one of my problems as well. Thanks, Jim!)
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2019 :  08:35:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Piruz,

Jim gives some good tips in that thread. They are worth trying. Start with the simplest like walking a little longer. Maybe try dropping the idea of grounding all together. Think of it as a little more balance.

There are lots of options. I went the route of talking to spiritual friends and asking jonesboy for help which led to energy connections. Has it all been peaches and roses? No. That's my path anyway.

Tai Chi is worth a go. Some do acupuncture or Reiki. Maybe, you are drawn to something?

Take care,
Lori
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2019 :  09:49:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to help.

I disagree with Lori about “spiritual friends”. Hang out with, like, butchers and plumbers. Go for normality to balance a surfeit or spirituality. Not yet more spirituality. Remember the hammer.

And there is not an acupuncturist or reiki healer in the world who can give you LESS energy. That’s not in their wheelhouse. Don’t go to woo-woo people looking to be fixed. They all traffic in increased energy and spirituality. They’re for people with the opposite problem. Tai chi may help (per my grounding thread).

You need diners and lines at the post office and DMV, not more spiritual stuff. Don’t go where you’re drawn - you’re drawn - duh - to super geared-up spirituality and fireworks. Go the OTHER way. Again: don’t treat overspiritualization with a spiritual toolset and mindset.

I do like the suggestion not calling it grounding. Maybe call it “normality”.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2019 :  07:06:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello. I was responding to the "There you have it" comment and being open about what I've done. I'd hate for someone to not know different ways. Like I said, it's not been peaches and roses for me.

P.S. Jim is a good spiritual friend. Yes, I said it!

Take care,
Lori
Go to Top of Page

Jourdain

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2019 :  12:50:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

Hello. I was responding to the "There you have it" comment and being open about what I've done. I'd hate for someone to not know different ways. Like I said, it's not been peaches and roses for me.

Take care,
Lori

And I, in turn, by "there you have it", didn't mean that Jim's comment exhausted the field of discussion, or was authoritative except about the meaning of his own posts in the thread I had linked, but I certainly see how it may read that way. I should have taken more time over it.

It's funny, I've read so many messages from both you and Jim that I feel I know you both to an extent, but of course I don't, and if I'm not mistaken this is my first interaction with either of you, or Piruz. I hope I haven't upset anyone.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2019 :  11:35:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This isn't about me or Lori. It's about you, and anyone reading along who might be feeling a similar sense of desperation. Lori and I are trying to help in our respective ways. That's all. It's about helping, not feelings.
Go to Top of Page

Jourdain

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2019 :  1:25:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome!
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2019 :  12:25:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
It's not been peaches and roses for me.

Anything I can help brainstorm?
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2019 :  07:02:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've really come to appreciate Jim in th e last 2 years, a clarity that only a lot of hammering has produced
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2019 :  10:20:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jourdain

quote:

Take care,
Lori

And I, in turn, by "there you have it", didn't mean that Jim's comment exhausted the field of discussion, or was authoritative except about the meaning of his own posts in the thread I had linked, but I certainly see how it may read that way. I should have taken more time over it.

It's funny, I've read so many messages from both you and Jim that I feel I know you both to an extent, but of course I don't, and if I'm not mistaken this is my first interaction with either of you, or Piruz. I hope I haven't upset anyone.

I think it's good to clarify. I did it in the post you are linking. We are cool.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2019 :  10:32:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

quote:
It's not been peaches and roses for me.

Anything I can help brainstorm?

I'll let you know. Not my thread.

Pruz,
I have and still experience at times what you mention. I learned how to "sit" through it. I learned that OMG I don't have to go through this, but I continually forget.. I've learned how to switch the attention to calmness.

If you want to do something, then go explore the Tai Chi. Not to ground. It'd probably be fun to explore.

Take Care,
Lori

Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2019 :  12:19:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Piruz

The energy or tensity is still there and though it does move around it's still more dynamically present in some parts than others, indicating the blockages are still a problem. I've been doing grounding activities for over two months, namely taking long walks and eating more and like I said I do feel better and am able to sleep and function (to an extent) but my progress can hardly be described as linear and some days are worse than others.

The upper frontal region of my body is particularly in pain and feels like it's about to explode. Sometimes, after a short period of breathing (especially before sleeping), the energy climbs up and the spine is triggered and yes, the third eye and crown are again awoken, causing shocks that wake me up just as I'm falling asleep. Not a single night goes by without an aggressive spinal shock doesn't wake me up in fear and interrupt my sleep. The energy may be grounded sometimes, but it still wants to climb up!

Which brings me to my point. I don't think these grounding activities are cutting it. It's like the energy won't just "go back to sleep" and "wants to climb up" or settle at some point of the body but is naturally facing resistance. Grounding isn't cutting it, so I want to do more.

The metaphorical mythology of Shiva (third eye) and Shakti (Kundalini in motion aka the energy that's climbing up) appeals to me. It says there's a technique called spinal breathing that gets Shiva to get down with Shakti wherever it may be at the body, instead of letting Shakti tear the nervous system apart trying to climb up and bond with Shiva. Do I do spinal breathing?

What about yoga postures to stimulate energy release/integration in some of the upset regions? Also why would Tai Che help? It's a martial art not a yoga isn't it?

You haven't mentioned any emotional issues associated with the energy. More just fear, lots of fear.

The obstructions are issues and fears..

Why are you afraid of the energy climbing up? That energy is you, let it do what it needs to do. Your fear is what is creating issues.

Shiva is silence, so I would work on developing more silence through meditation to allow the obstructions to release easier.

With regard to the energy, stop being afraid and just let go, let go into the energy, be with the energy. You will find it is amazing, blissful.. but you have to learn to trust yourself, because that is what it really is. You trying to help you..
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2019 :  12:36:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jonesboy

With regard to the energy, stop being afraid and just let go, let go into the energy, be with the energy. You will find it is amazing, blissful.

Different strokes for different folks.

FWIW I tried that as my first solution, and discovered that further surrender brought greater energy. Surrender was what unleashed the energy in the first place, and surrendering the excessive energy of excessive surrender invites a vicious circle. No bueno, IMO.

In this forum one will find a thousand people urging overload victims to do spiritual stuff to relieve their excess of spirituality. If heads weren't on fire, the illogic might be more obvious.

This is why I referred to Mazlow's hammer ("When you're holding a hammer in your hand, every problem looks like a nail"). Rather than stubbornly doing more of what caused the problem, I found it much more helpful (and much less harmful) to go the other way.

Also, beware what you wish for. Removing obstructions increases the flow of energy. That's how this problem arose in the first place; an obstruction cleared, energy roared, and it hit, hard, at the next obstruction (and in my view there are always more obstructions, though I know many practitioners harbor superman fantasies of imminent squeaky cleanness). I'd suggest lightly dusting the obstructions (ideally via AYP, and maybe very slightly stronger methods, per my suggestions), and otherwise finding balance by immersion in the Worldly.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Jun 17 2019 6:15:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2019 :  3:11:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

quote:
Originally posted by jonesboy

With regard to the energy, stop being afraid and just let go, let go into the energy, be with the energy. You will find it is amazing, blissful.

Different strokes for different folks.

FWIW I tried that as my first solution, and discovered that further surrender brought greater energy. Surrender was what unleashed the energy in the first place, and surrendering the excessive energy of excessive surrender invites a vicious circle. No bueno, IMO.

In this forum one will find a thousand people urging overload victims to do spiritual stuff to relieve their excess of spirituality. If heads weren't on fire, the illogic might be more obvious.

This is why I referred to Mazlow's hammer ("When you're holding a hammer in your hand, every problem looks like a nail"). Rather than stubbornly doing more of what caused the problem, I found it much more helpful (and much less harmful) to go the other way.

Also, beware what you wish for. Removing obstructions increases the flow of energy. That's how this problem arose in the first place; an obstruction cleared, energy roared, and it hit, hard, at the next obstruction (and in my view there are always more obstructions, though I know many practitioners harbor superman fantasies of imminent squeaky cleanness). I'd suggest lightly dusting the obstructions (ideally via AYP, and maybe very slightly stronger methods, per my suggestions), and otherwise finding balance by immersion in the Worldly.

That is why I mentioned no emotional upset, just fear of the energy.

If the energy is hitting on obstructions causing emotional upsets then doing more energy practices is not the key.

If you look at Buddhism, they develop a lot of silence before they ever start energy practices. That is in part why they have very little energy issues and kundalini as it is mentioned here is a very, very rare thing.

If you can find a real guru, he can provide that extra space for someone like you or Piruz to let the obstructions go. To make the process smoother.

If that isn't something you are interested in, then the next step is meditation to try and develop more silence to let the issues drop.

I am a big believer in residing in the energy, in residing in the energy of the upset. It is a powerful way of working on the obstructions.

If none of those things work or are of interest then stopping all practices and doing yard work helps a lot.

Also, remember that energy that is roaring is you, it is not something separate and nothing to be afraid of feeling more of.. or becoming..
Go to Top of Page

greendecker94

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2019 :  10:23:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i'm also dealing with high kundalini energy in the past few months, and ultimately i think the only way to fix the issues is to completely let go. every possible scenario that you find undesirable will come up in this process, because your mind will think of every single thing that is not comfortable for you. but you have to just let go and still live life and do what you need to do in your life, such as be there for others etc. your unique deepest fears will be challenged and it seems like the only way to solve the issues is to just let go of them, which for me is much easier said than done. and after you tackle that fear there will be something else that comes up, so imo you have to emphatically let go/conquer fears in order to actually grow and settle the chronic "issues" with kundalini.

something i like to remind myself is that no matter what happens, if i completely let go, i will still be around to see what happens as a result of letting go. and if i'm not, then i guess i died from enlightenment, which seems to be the end goal anyway
Go to Top of Page

Piruz

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2019 :  04:56:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all the input guys I really appreciate it. Jim's thread was especially informative and I really enjoyed reading through the pages. That thread deserves to be a "sticky" in recognition of its immense contribution to the forum.

The common theme discussed in the thread goes hand in hand with what I'm experiencing: blockages across the body, unbalanced energy concentrations in some parts and the "letting it be" approach making things worse at some point and inviting more energy buildup. Yet the symptoms described are not the same ones that I've been having (well, I'm sure they're similar and stem from the same problem, but possibly require a different approach).

For example, I usually feel no pressure or pain in the head, between the eyebrows or at the crown (well, I do sometimes, but it's not what's keeping me up at night), and when I do, it usually comes after a period of painful energy buildup (both anterior and posterior) which, if I endure and follow as it makes its way upwards, terminates in some sort of vibration at the crown/third eye followed by an electric shock traveling up through the spine (this last one is a killer that keeps me up at night as it usually happens right when I'm about to fall asleep). It's almost as if the the circuit is "complete" when the the third eye is "hit" and the spine is shocked, and I usually fall asleep more peacefully after it's happened (even though it's what wakes me up in the first place!). I've recently been getting more energy buildup at the stomach/chest (left side) and it's slow to travel upwards so no spine shock and that's making falling asleep even harder (notice how sleeping is more difficult when the energy doesn't reach the spine and send a current of energy through it).

Also, you say energy moves up the spine but down the frontal region of the body, but I can always feel energy move upwards from my groinal area to my stomach and finally to my chest before (mysteriously) traveling to the spine and hitting the head. This up and down movement is a mystery to me. I need to gain more perspective on it because otherwise I will always be engaging in daily activity that might be counterproductive (or even detrimental) to my recovery.

Another thing is that you say one shouldn't completely back off from practicing because it's just as bad as overdoing the practice which is what caused the overload. Everyone else seems to disagree as they believe a break from meditation is part of grounding.
Go to Top of Page

Piruz

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2019 :  05:05:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Also the energy seems to concentrate (not exclusively though aggressively) on the side I sleep on. If I sleep on my right side, for example, I'll get shocks there that wake me up, and so on. It's like the energy fluctuates and I once tried messaging my stomach (subtly) and the energy was moving the same way (downwards) and went to my legs. It's a mess!
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2019 :  07:28:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
1. If you’re meditating late, try doing it early instead. That might help the sleep thing.

2. It might be both helpful and more true to understand that the body is nothing but blocks. That’s what a body is. No body, no block. The resistance is you, not something afflicting you. With that in mind you can settle in with a properly incremental, sensible, long-term approach (or you can go the route of mortification suggested above. Me? I’m not that Catholic).

You aren’t polishing and burnishing into Superman. That’s a very popular notion in this forum, and it’s completely wrong. You can’t polish a bag of blocks. Render unto Caesar what is Caesar’s (immerse in the world) and render unto god what is god’s (know you’re the silence encompassing all, and let the bindings sloooooowly unfurl). Find a balance. You’re swinging away from worldliness with the zeal of a new apostle. Swing back in to where you were, only with some perspective and spaciousness, not overdoing either prong. Be in the middle. .
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2019 :  10:14:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I forgot to address these two things:

quote:

Another thing is that you say one shouldn't completely back off from practicing because it's just as bad as overdoing the practice which is what caused the overload. Everyone else seems to disagree as they believe a break from meditation is part of grounding.

I think you have that one backwards. AYP inherently and fundamentally instructs self-pacing - scaling back, never stopping. Stop resorting to extremes, which will just ping-pong you back and forth. Don't go crazy with practice, but don't completely suspend practice. Don't be all this or all that. Continue your practice (reduce it to a few minutes, even seconds, if need be) to maintain and refine your identification with the silence that encloses all these apparent issues. But reduce them below the point where they particularly rev you up. And outside of practice (overload or not), dig into the world....only wearing the drama a bit more lightly than before. That's how spiritual practice works best. That's what spiritual practice is for.

quote:
Also, you say energy moves up the spine but down the frontal region of the body, but I can always feel energy move upwards from my groinal area to my stomach and finally to my chest before (mysteriously) traveling to the spine and hitting the head. This up and down movement is a mystery to me. I need to gain more perspective on it because otherwise I will always be engaging in daily activity that might be counterproductive (or even detrimental) to my recovery.

As I've repeatedly said in this thread and in the Kundalini Overload thread, you're not going to figure it all out. Nor do you need to. The obsessive need to take it all apart and master it (and the bhakti that drives this obsession) is, itself, the problem. Energy follows attention, so you only further stoke your heat by ruminating about your heat. Meditate - a little. Otherwise be in the world and immerse in that without considering your spiritual junk.

It may be unavoidable fate for you to spend a decade repeating a certain prayer, or drinking gallons of pear juice, or wearing only purple clothes, or hopping on your left foot whenever you eat something salty. But you're obstinately missing the gist: stop obsessively trying to cure your obsession via obsessive obsession. Rotely do your meditation and otherwise BE NORMAL (perhaps following one or two of my grounding suggestions).

The alternative is to keep paying loads of attention to your flows and your chakras and whatever and try to figure it all out and find the magic formula and rewire yourself. And then, 20 miserable years later, look back and see your mistake.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Jun 19 2019 11:22:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

Piruz

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2019 :  10:26:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm really not trying to master anything, I'm only trying to gain a rudimentary, practical (not a metaphysical or even thoroughly physical) understanding of what is happening inside my body. I'm certainly not trying to unlock the "secrets" of Kundalini. All I need is a better understanding of the phenomenon, on a purely phenomenological level. Surly this is something that won't hurt. You did it yourself during your long years of experimenting and trying to understand what kind of practice was best suited for your symptoms (how could you have done it if, for example, you didn't know the first thing about how and where energy travels in the body?). This is the kind of perspective I seek, not the unlocking of Kundalini secrets or a Superman awakening. I've learned the hard way that these are uncharted waters (energy, Kundalini, etc), and that it's always better to be safe than sorry. Believe me, I know. But a little bit of theorizing is always a good thing. We can't always walk with our eyes closed.

For example, and like I've said before, I've realized that when the "energy" is stuck at some point of the body and just won't move without causing severe overload symptoms, I don't get the the electric (Shakti?) current shock up through my spine and the circuit isn't "complete". So what I did yesterday (I slept during the day because I couldn't sleep at night) was sleep on the opposite side to where the energy was building up (I took your advice of asymmetrical energy leveling and I know first hand that energy is usually dense on whatever side I sleep on), and this in turn (apparently) resulted in some balancing out, and there you have it: the so-called Shakti electric shock made its way to the spine and showed its face! It's almost as if the spine shock (again, Shakti?) is an indicator of some degree of energy balance (what do you think?). See, this is the sort of practical understanding I seek, a diagram of some sort, a rudimentary understanding of dynamics, not essences. In other words I'm not saying this because I want a reason to focus on the energy or even approach it with curiosity, but to understand how to best ground it instead.

A rough sketch of the way energy moves throughout the body is a starter. I understanding Kundalini is located at the base of the spine and travels upwards to the third eye. In other words its natural movement is upwards. From there you're saying the energy discharges to the frontal region of the body. But is it supposed to reach the legs as well? Because I do sometimes feel like the energy can move downwards (beyond the originating point of Kundalini) and when this is induced it can hurt my legs very much. Is there a map for these energy movements?

This is why I was wondering a lot about yoga postures (Asanas, as they call it) because from my experience some postures (physical, not meditative) can be very grounding. I mean walking is grounding also but not grounding enough for the most part.

Also you're saying I should back to meditation (mindfulness), which I think I will, but not for 60 minutes a day like I use to. I'll do 10 minutes every day and stop at the first sight of tension/pressure at any one of my Chakras.
Go to Top of Page

Piruz

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2019 :  10:36:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wait a minute I think I just found what I was looking for. The "road map" for energy movements are called Nadi, and the Chakras are, of course, the points of intensity. I will try to gain some understanding on how the energy moves and how to best ground energy that is stuck at the Chakras and what different grounding techniques are best suited for grounding energy stuck at the different Chakras of the "subtle" body. A little search on Google showed me how ignorant I was on meditation, yoga and the spiritual culture in general (Hinduism and Buddhism), mainly because it's marketed as a religion. Why didn't someone educate me BEFORE Kundalini wreaked havoc on my body lol!?

It's my understanding these concepts (Nadi, Chakras, etc) are time-honored so there'd be no point looking for contemporary scientific explanations/parallels.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2019 :  11:41:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I'm really not trying to master anything, I'm only trying to gain a rudimentary, practical (not a metaphysical or even thoroughly physical) understanding of what is happening inside my body. I'm certainly not trying to unlock the "secrets" of Kundalini.

Ok, that's a fair take on my somewhat sloppy writing. Sorry!

I do know about nadis and chakras. I've put in the 10,000 hours of hatha yoga training, and another 10,000 hours on Taoist energy training. And what it allows you to do in this particular scenario is two things: 1. notice with greater sensitivity how fried you are, leading to greater discomfort and greater obsession, which, in turn, compounds the energy flow (once again, energy follows attention), and 2. tinker around, finding that no matter what you do it only makes it worse (though you'll experience tantalizing but ultimately futile eurekas). Again, efficiently removing obstructions INCREASES FLOW. So hyper-awareness of obstructions will only increase the problem.

There are times when you want this sort of sensitivity and mapping and knowledge. For example, I had a heart attack a few years ago, and noticed it so ridiculously early that I had absolutely no damage and am 100% fine. I've self-healed from dozens of maladies. Lots of great fringe benefits. But there are times you want to take your mind off it all and go out and do sh*t. You're in one of those times.

If I seem a bit exasperated it's because this is about the thousandth time someone has vigorously thanked me for my helpful advice and then stated a desire to do precisely the thing I advised against. It makes me try to clarify, and clarify the clarification, etc, until I'm making my point with such disproportional force that it actually works the other way, and gets confusing. So let me try to pull back to simplicity:

Don't work on your energy. Working on your energy (or having other people work on your energy) increases energy. GET OFF THE ENTIRE DAMNED SUBJECT! Go bowling! Hang out with annoying people you can't stand! Shop till you drop! Call your aunt! Sign up for a kickball league!

And don't stop practices. If you lose whatever perspective of silence you've attained (and you will if you quit practice) that will compound your problem.

Your two salvations will be: silence (from meditation) and worldliness (from plunging back in). In the meantime, my suggestions in that long thread (e.g. you MUST be on a pitta-reducing diet) are like minor bandaids. Don't plaster yourself in bandaids. Don't pursue the perfect bandaid. Reread the first sentence of this paragraph. Again. And again. And again. The hot-headedness which brought you here will find ways not to hear it. Read it again. Again!

Please don't thank me and then go to some shaman or healer or take some drug or spend time reading this forum and other spiritual web sites and books. It's certainly your option to do any/all of those things, so go ahead if you'd like, but don't imagine you're following my advice.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Jun 20 2019 11:48:06 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000