Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Quick question(s) re - k process
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jack.ogrady112

Ireland
8 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2019 :  09:30:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So I have active kundalini - but something is troubling me and I would love some clarification. :)

So i've been reading that a result of the kundalini process or enlightenment can be naturally induced celibacy! Does this mean I will lose all desire to ever start a family with someone I love?? Because jesus **** the thought of that possibility destroys me.

Will the k transformation make me lose interest in intimate realtionships?? Friendship? Sports? (I love playing football) Making music?? Will I be so content that I lose all desire to travel/explore the world?

Sorry for the strange post but these thoughts are really causing me pain

Any replies/advice would be hugely appreciated [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2019 :  12:52:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Jack

You have probably been reading about brahmacharya, which means preserving sexual energy. Brahmacharya is a natural part of the path of enlightenment. It does not mean however that people stop enjoying intimacy and relationships. There are married people on this forum who are also advanced yogis.

Brahmacharya and relationships are not incompatible. For a man, brahmacharya means that he has the option to have sex without ejaculation. If he decides that he wants to conceive, then he can have 'normal' sex.

As for your hobbies and interest, some may stay and some may change. Who knows? Doesn't time change all of us, yogis or not? Is it reasonable to expect that you will be exactly the same person 5 or 10 year down the line? And yes, it is likely that making good progress with yoga will make you change faster. But then have you ever heard a saint or enlightened person lamenting the loss of whatever their previous lifestyle has been?

But you can rest assured that losing all erotic interest is unlikely to happen. In one of the Tantra lessons, there is a quote from Adi Shankara: "Even the greatest yogi cannot gaze into the eyes of a beautiful woman without having his seed jump." Sensuality is deeply rooted in all of us. Advanced yogis can channel it away from reproduction, but not erase it.

You can have a look at the Tantra lessons here:
www.aypsite.org/TantraDirectory.html
If you are interested in practicing AYP, start from the beginning. There is a "Start lessons here" link on the left.

All the best to you, whether you take up yoga or not

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Mar 23 2019 4:15:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jack.ogrady112

Ireland
8 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2019 :  6:07:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

Hello Jack

You have probably been reading about brahmacharya, which means preserving sexual energy. Brahmacharya is a natural part of the path of enlightenment. It does not mean however that people stop enjoying intimacy and relationships. There are married people on this forum who are also advanced yogis.

Brahmacharya and relationships are not incompatible. For a man, brahmacharya means that he has the option to have sex without ejaculation. If he decides that he wants to conceive, then he can have 'normal' sex.

As for your hobbies and interest, some may stay and some may change. Who knows? Doesn't time change all of us, yogis or not? Is it reasonable to expect that you will be exactly the same person 5 or 10 year down the line? And yes, it is likely that making good progress with yoga will make you change faster. But then have you ever heard a saint or enlightened person lamenting the loss of whatever their previous lifestyle has been?

But you can rest assured that losing all erotic interest is unlikely to happen. In one of the Tantra lessons, there is a quote from Adi Shankara: "Even the greatest yogi cannot gaze into the eyes of a beautiful woman without having his seed jump." Sensuality is deeply rooted in all of us. Advanced yogis can channel it away from reproduction, but not erase it.

You can have a look at the Tantra lessons here:
www.aypsite.org/TantraDirectory.html
If you are interested in practicing AYP, start from the beginning. There is a "Start lessons here" link on the left.

All the best to you, whether you take up yoga or not

Hey!

Thank you so much for the reply, all of what you said really resonates with me. I'm so glad you mentioned tantra as I currently practice retention and have really been liking the looks of tantra/karezza etc.

Big relief to hear that brahmacharya does not mean a sudden lack of interest in having intimate relationships/fun

Cheers for the link! i'll be sure to check it out
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2019 :  7:16:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Most of the people are married and with little adjustments you can do everything. Very important to surrender and let the process leads you. You can do everything including marriage and kids.. just trust the K that is what we are.. all the best.
Go to Top of Page

Jack.ogrady112

Ireland
8 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2019 :  8:55:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by pkj

Most of the people are married and with little adjustments you can do everything. Very important to surrender and let the process leads you. You can do everything including marriage and kids.. just trust the K that is what we are.. all the best.

Will do! Cheers for the advice
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2019 :  04:02:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jack.ogrady112
I'm so glad you mentioned tantra as I currently practice retention and have really been liking the looks of tantra/karezza etc.

Do you have a regular meditation practice, Jack? It is risky practicing retention without having a sound meditation foundation.
Go to Top of Page

Jack.ogrady112

Ireland
8 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2019 :  07:20:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
I'm so glad you mentioned tantra as I currently practice retention and have really been liking the looks of tantra/karezza etc.

Do you have a regular meditation practice, Jack? It is risky practicing retention without having a sound meditation foundation.

I do yes! I've been meditating the last couple of years and it's what brought me my first noticable K symptoms (kriyas etc.)

I've seen this said before so could I ask why retention is risky without a practice? Thankfully I love meditating, but is it because of the fact that there would be an overload of energy in the lower centers, i.e not being raised through yoga/meditation?
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2019 :  07:37:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
is it because of the fact that there would be an overload of energy in the lower centers, i.e not being raised through yoga/meditation?

That is one aspect of it, but there is a more fundamental one, having to do with the two complementary opposites that need to evolve in tandem for a balanced awakening.
I have written a post about this before, so rather than repeat myself, would you mind going to this post:
https://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...16927#148702
You will probably find the subsequent posts by Christi helpful as well.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Mar 24 2019 08:51:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jack.ogrady112

Ireland
8 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2019 :  08:22:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
is it because of the fact that there would be an overload of energy in the lower centers, i.e not being raised through yoga/meditation?

That is one aspect of it, but there is more fundamental one, having to do with the two complementary opposites that need to evolve in tandem for a balanced awakening.
I have written a post about this before, so rather than repeat myself, would you mind going to this post:
https://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...16927#148702
You will probably find the subsequent posts by Christi helpful as well.

I see, cheers for the link.
I just have one last question if you don't mind: Is a meditation practice enough to proceed safely? My awakening was unintentional and through meditation - and since it I have had realizations of there being no 'doer', this makes it very easy to go deep in meditation and to just surrender to the process. Should I just listen to my inner guidance? I have never felt a particular calling toward yoga (not yet anyway) and I get the feeling that a meditative practice based on pure surrender to the flow is all that's needed to let things happen.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2019 :  08:47:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Meditation is the safest way to progress spiritually, provided that a good/safe technique is used (I say this because there are some forms of meditation out there that touch the crown, which is not a safe way for a beginner to go about it).

You seem to be practicing a passive awareness form of meditation. That is safe. Is works when there is enough Witness naturally present, which is not the case for everyone, but it seems to have worked in your case.

Developing the Witness will, sooner or later call the energy to rise. Some traditions rely on meditation only to bring about the awakening. Yoga works on both sides: the Witness and Kundalini. Safe forms of yoga lead with meditation i.e. developing the Witness. Energy practices are not necessary to everyone. Many people these days are quite sensitive to practices. For some of them meditation is enough to progress at full speed.

If your current practice is working for you, if you feel balanced during your daily activity and notice good progress too, then there is no need to change your practice or take up yoga.

You might find it useful reading through the lessons on this website, as they explain the process of awakening so well. Skip the bits about the AYP technique and look for topics like the stages of awakening, the relationship between inner silence (the Witness) and energy etc. The reading will help you understand where you are on your journey and how to troubleshoot if you feel you are slipping out of balance.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Mar 24 2019 08:53:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jack.ogrady112

Ireland
8 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2019 :  2:58:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Meditation is the safest way to progress spiritually, provided that a good/safe technique is used (I say this because there are some forms of meditation out there that touch the crown, which is not a safe way for a beginner to go about it).

You seem to be practicing a passive awareness form of meditation. That is safe. Is works when there is enough Witness naturally present, which is not the case for everyone, but it seems to have worked in your case.

Developing the Witness will, sooner or later call the energy to rise. Some traditions rely on meditation only to bring about the awakening. Yoga works on both sides: the Witness and Kundalini. Safe forms of yoga lead with meditation i.e. developing the Witness. Energy practices are not necessary to everyone. Many people these days are quite sensitive to practices. For some of them meditation is enough to progress at full speed.

If your current practice is working for you, if you feel balanced during your daily activity and notice good progress too, then there is no need to change your practice or take up yoga.

You might find it useful reading through the lessons on this website, as they explain the process of awakening so well. Skip the bits about the AYP technique and look for topics like the stages of awakening, the relationship between inner silence (the Witness) and energy etc. The reading will help you understand where you are on your journey and how to troubleshoot if you feel you are slipping out of balance.

Thanks man.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000