Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Questions on success with family, work, smoking...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EO976

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2019 :  2:33:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Kundalini was awakened from accidental shaktipat. (I was not looking for this at all, and do not at all feel to be in a life-situation conducive to dealing with it.) Mostly seemed to "go away" for a few years, and all was pretty normal.
Now it's back, and powerful, and I think it's definitely here to stay. And I've been in a state of extreme panic for the past week and a half. I do not know if I'll be able to hold it together, and I don't know what the future holds. I'm not in a situation where I can just up and "disappear" off the radar. I have a lot of responsibilities: I do all the office work for my significant other's family business (have never missed a day of work), animals to feed and take care for, a (very traditionally religious/Christian) family I care a lot about and don't want to ditch or cause any stress to, friends, AND my 13-year-old daughter, etc.
So I have a few questions:
How many of your have been able to hold it together and keep functioning at a normal job?
How did you deal with your families and friends? Or how long were you able to "hide" what was going on?
Were you successful in continuing to be a good, stable parent??? I am SOOO worried about this, and envisioning ending up bedridden, crazy and/or with completely out-of-control emotions, and/or homeless, etc.
Oh, and I smoke cigarettes, too, and am worried what bad effect that is going to have; although I'm too stressed to even think about quitting, at the moment. :/
Thanks for any help and advice.

EO976

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2019 :  10:54:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
1. What are your symptoms and how long have you had them? Are your symptoms primarily physical, psychological, or both?
Acute symptoms began 1.5 weeks ago. Mostly psychological (acute anxiety, inability to focus), with some physical (trouble sleeping, lack of appetite).

2. Are your symptoms ongoing, or intermittent? If intermittent, when are they most likely to occur -- during what kind of activity and/or time of the day? Is your sleep affected?
I get a few breaks from the anxiety, but not a lot.

3. Do you consider your situation with kundalini to be the result of spiritual practices, or do you regard it to be spontaneous?
Spontaneous.

4. What sort of spiritual practices have you been engaged in, if any? How long? How often? Are you aware that excessive spiritual practice can aggravate kundalini, often with a delayed reaction?

5. Do you consider yourself to be “sensitive” to spiritual practices? If so, with what practices, and what sort of measures have you taken to accommodate your sensitivity?
Sensitive to meditating. Try not to meditate. Although when kundalini flares up, it makes me feel like meditating.

6. Do you think drugs have contributed to your kundalini situation?
No.

7. Have you experienced traumatic events in your life that may have a bearing on your current symptoms?
IDK. I don't think so.

8. Is your sexual lifestyle affecting your symptoms? Are you aware that obsessively limiting sexual release can increase kundalini energy and symptoms?
I don't think so.

9. What is your general diet? Are you aware that a lighter diet can stimulate kundalini?
Was normal. Now little appetite.

10. Do you engage in moderate exercise regularly, like walking, yard work, etc? Are you aware that regular exercise can help stabilize ("ground") kundalini symptoms?
Still in the midst of winter, here.:( So hard to do anything outside.

11. Are you a highly devotional person? Are you aware that excessive devotional activity, satsang or spiritual study can aggravate an active kundalini?

12. Are you engaged in ordinary daily activities like a job, school, family, parenting, social activity, service to others? Are you aware that such activities, undertaken without spiritual intention or expectations, can help ground excessive kundalini energies?
Yes. Lots of responsibilities. Arguably too many; but I can't just flake out on them.
Head-in-the-clouds feeling and anxiety are making it VERY difficult to function at work and any social settings. (Need my brain and sanity back.)

13. Have you been examined and treated by a medical doctor or mental health professional for your symptoms in the past? If so, what was the result?
No problems, before this. Never had medical or psychological problems (apart from some mild depression as a teenager).

14. Are there other factors and/or measures you are taking in relation to your situation that are not covered above?
Spending waaaay too much time freaking out about the situation, and freaking out about the future. :/

15. Optional: What is your approximate age (teen, 20s, 30s, 40s, etc.)? What is your gender? We ask because the manifestation of kundalini symptoms can be affected by these factors.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2019 :  11:32:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi EO976 and welcome,

What makes you believe that you that you experience a spontaneous kundalini awakening?
Go to Top of Page

EO976

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2019 :  12:43:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Several things, inc feeling of energy inside and on skin all the time. Several episodes where hit with waves of particularly intense energy and need to give in to need to sit quietly and "go with it," inc one episode of lightning bolt-type energy which left me laying on floor, and with head jerks and dissociated/high feeling in days after. :/ Any encouraging words possible? Hoping I'm more wound up and worried than really necessary. :/

Edited by - EO976 on Feb 24 2019 7:57:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2019 :  01:23:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
Thanks for answering the questions. We can look at kundalini awakening as an opportunity to live our higher potential, it mostly is a sign that time is ready to look inside, to live our truth. You came to a website where you can read the inspiring lessons of Yogani and find practices to develop a daily practice (AYP). Do not worry, there is no need to worry. Live goes on. A daily practice will help you to integrate the energy flows. Have a read into the lessons, get to know yourself, it's time. Take one step after the other, we never know what the future holds, live your life today.

PS You can start reading here and there are several lessons which provide you with more information about kundalini, for instance lesson 69

Edited by - Charliedog on Feb 25 2019 02:35:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

EO976

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2019 :  10:26:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much, Charliedog!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000