AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Pain inside my body
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

advaita4

Sweden
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2019 :  12:51:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear Everyone,

I am new to this understanding and I have practiced self enquiry for not so long time. My entire Life until now (and I am 24 years old) have only been about fear and pain. I dont understand the separate inside self and my feelings around it. Is there an inside self I and the feeling the object?? or are they the same thing?? Because I read there is a feeler and a felt duality. are the subject the I inside the object the feeling inside, sorry for not being clear but I am new and would love to understand the mechanism I am really confused and sorry if I am not describing it to you the right way but there is confusion and therefor doubts and pain inside my body. I really want to understand the subject object mechanism of the feeling and the inside self. I dont even know how it started and how it is maintained the structure of the ilusion I am in, the only thing I know for sure is that I feel that I am trapped in my pain and the feelings are me and there is no way out. I dont understand is there a imagined feeler inside that I Believe that feels an feeling, in other Words are they 2 separate things the feeler the separate I and the feeling the separate object I read something like that and I am confused because both are inside my body how can they be separate? how can there be a subject and an object the body and the body, excuse me once again I am new to this understanding what is the subject inside my body and what is the object inside my body, I really want to understand what I am believing in order to be in this ilusion and until I dont understand what I am doing and how I am creating the ilusion and sustaining it I feel I will not be able to solve it.

Kind Regards to everyone

Edited by - advaita4 on Jan 10 2019 12:56:11 PM

luce

France
25 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2019 :  5:09:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit luce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello,

Welcome to the AYP forum. First of all, before answering your question, I would like to tell you that self-inquiry is an advanced practice. In the AYP system it should only be taken on once you have created enough inner silence, after the rise of the witness, through other practices like deep meditation. otherwise, it could become a mental process that we call non-relational self-inquiry that could lead to more mental confusion and not to more awareness. It stimulates the mind instead of calming it. For that reason, I would not advise it as a unique practice to develop awareness.

I am not sure to understand you but I will try to give you some explanations.

Since your early childhood you have developped the sense of "I", that we also call Ego. This "I" was built upon all the information that has been collected through your senses (=the body) including the mind that creates thoughts (and stories, and processes that information). What we call "I" is that sum of information that has been collected and the way it has been processed by the mind. Usually, we completely identify to it and that is the main cause of our suffering and pain. So the sense of "I", with the feelings, and the thoughts are like one package that sticks to us and it seems like we are trapped with that package inside that body. All of this is "I" and all the rest is "you" meaning everything that is not felt as "I". This is duality. But this is an illusion.

When we start practicing yoga, and in particular meditation, we begin to experience things differently. Little by little we come to realise that a lot of what we used to call "I" is in reality a creation of the mind. We begin to feel a distance, a space filled with peace, a silent self in between what is hapenning (the events, actions), what we feel and think and who we really are. That is the beginning of the separation from the "I". The rise of the witness. We begin to experience the Self behind the self. We are able to observe the objects of the mind and recognise them as such. Then we start to make the difference between the real (what is not a creation of the mind) and the unreal (the creation of the mind) and to be able to favour the real over the unreal.... until finally the subject (you) and the object (what you are observing) merge. Everything is then experienced as One. There is no more distinction between me and the rest. In other words there is no more duality.

But how can we fully understand non-duality, with a mind rooted in duality? It is something that need to be experienced, transcended, not analysed with the mind. It is a transformation. That is why we start by doing meditation, and other practices and then, once we have reached a certain stage, we can start to do self-inquiry. If you are new to AYP, then you can start from lesson 10 and following the thread of lessons and practices, work your way up to self-inquiry if you are drawn to that. Meanwhile you can also read more about self-inquiry in the lessons to understand more about it.

Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2019 :  10:16:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Advaita4,

Welcome to the forum. As Luce writes, self-inquiry is an advanced practice and works when we have a clear foundation of inner silence. Meditation is a great way to cultivate inner silence. Thus, start to meditate, and everything else will happen by itself. If you read the AYP lessons, you could learn a lot more, and could add other practices to the meditation, to increase the speed of your spiritual journey.

There is no way to put into words what happens in the process of enlightenment. Trying to understand it with the mind will not be possible, and will not be enough, as what you are is beyond the mind. Really, the fastest way to understand non-duality is spiritual practice, starting with meditation.

Warm wishes
Go to Top of Page

advaita4

Sweden
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2019 :  12:48:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you both for guiding me I really appreciate it. I will deinately start listening to the video you suggested and also the other person who suggested spiritual practite with meditation. I really want to feel better.

Warm Wishes

Advaita4
Go to Top of Page

luce

France
25 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2019 :  5:40:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit luce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Advaita4

That sounds like a wise decision to me

Wish you to feel better soon.

Enjoy your practices!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000