Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 The urge to do mudras, spontaineous mudras
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gchristine

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2019 :  8:16:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
It's been a while since ive been on the forum. a while back i may have posted about the urge to do mudras, and spontaineous mudras.

Does anyone have this happen? what does it mean? it feels natural in a way, but it is also sort of frightening in a way.

i don't know what to do about it/ anyone have any experience or knowledge on this subject? am i just crazy?

it happened a while back and is starting to happen again.

Edited by - AYPforum on Jan 17 2019 12:58:10 PM

luce

France
25 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2019 :  04:08:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit luce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi gchristine,

Don't worry you are certainly not crazy! or not because of that at least
What you are describing is part of what we call "automatic yogas". At some stage of the purification the body starts doing yoga on its own and it is natural for a yogi(ni) although I can understand that it can make one freak out at first or if it lasts for too long. The energies have brought you there and this is actually a good sign, showing that kundalini is activating and doing what is necessary for it to circulate in the body. What kind of mudras are they?

I have experienced automatic yogas/mudras myself but maybe not with the intensity you are describing, but we are all different. In my experience, not one path to enlightenment in similar to another one. They usually occur for a while and then go.

That is one of the reasons why we do Asanas prior to sitting practices, we stretch the Nadis for the energy to circulate better to avoid having too many automatic yogas which would be obviously too distracting during meditation.

About automatic mudras specifically, or mudras in general, they connect energy channels and close or improve energy circuits for the energy to circulate more efficiently in the body. And if the energy flows more efficiently the purification in the body is also more efficient. So you see, it is a good thing

You can have a look at the topic path thread about automatic yogas:
https://www.aypsite.com/PlusTopicIn...x.html#tag11

If you have the book "easy lessons for ecstatic living vol 2" at home, have a look at lesson 385, there is a chart with an overview of the AYP practices showing which ones can occur automatically and at what stage, according to the level of the student.

At last, the way to deal with it depends on when they occur and how uncomfortable it feels for you. If it goes on during sitting practices, then treat them as you would do with a thought, getting back to what you are doing as soon as you realise you had gone of them. if it becomes really uncomfortable, then it might be necessary to self-pace for a while.

Hope this wil help

Amandine

Go to Top of Page

luce

France
25 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2019 :  04:47:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit luce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi gchristine,

I would like to add some clarifications. If it occurs during SBP, as you know, mudras are actually part of the add-ons to the core practice, so you could let them happen if it does not disturb your regular practice. For instance, if it is automatic kechari or shambhavi, it could be fine. It might even be a sign that you are ready to take on these add-ons. But never forget that you should only add one extra practice at a time, to allow your nervous system to integrate it and to avoid energetic overload. And if you do feel an energetic overload you could step back knowing which practice has triggered it.

If they occur during DM or Samyama, it is a different story since there are no add-ons of this type, so you should treat them as a thought and get back to whatever practice you are doing as soon as you can, unless it is too much of an effort. In that case you could let them occur for a while until things come back to a more comfortable level for you to get back to the mantra or the sutras.

Enjoy your practices

Amandine

Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2019 :  06:44:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Amandine,

Welcome to the forum. It is great to see you here.
Blanche
Go to Top of Page

luce

France
25 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2019 :  09:21:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit luce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Blanche!

Nice to see you too. Thank you. It took me a while but I made it .

Love & hugs

Amandine

Go to Top of Page

gchristine

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2019 :  1:17:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by luce

Hi gchristine,

Don't worry you are certainly not crazy! or not because of that at least
What you are describing is part of what we call "automatic yogas". At some stage of the purification the body starts doing yoga on its own and it is natural for a yogi(ni) although I can understand that it can make one freak out at first or if it lasts for too long. The energies have brought you there and this is actually a good sign, showing that kundalini is activating and doing what is necessary for it to circulate in the body. What kind of mudras are they?

I have experienced automatic yogas/mudras myself but maybe not with the intensity you are describing, but we are all different. In my experience, not one path to enlightenment in similar to another one. They usually occur for a while and then go.

That is one of the reasons why we do Asanas prior to sitting practices, we stretch the Nadis for the energy to circulate better to avoid having too many automatic yogas which would be obviously too distracting during meditation.

About automatic mudras specifically, or mudras in general, they connect energy channels and close or improve energy circuits for the energy to circulate more efficiently in the body. And if the energy flows more efficiently the purification in the body is also more efficient. So you see, it is a good thing

You can have a look at the topic path thread about automatic yogas:
https://www.aypsite.com/PlusTopicIn...x.html#tag11

If you have the book "easy lessons for ecstatic living vol 2" at home, have a look at lesson 385, there is a chart with an overview of the AYP practices showing which ones can occur automatically and at what stage, according to the level of the student.

At last, the way to deal with it depends on when they occur and how uncomfortable it feels for you. If it goes on during sitting practices, then treat them as you would do with a thought, getting back to what you are doing as soon as you realise you had gone of them. if it becomes really uncomfortable, then it might be necessary to self-pace for a while.

Hope this wil help

Amandine

What do you mean by purification?
Go to Top of Page

luce

France
25 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2019 :  5:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit luce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello gchristine,

That is a good question. Meditation and spinal breathing (the 2 core practices recommended to start with in AYP) are to the subtle nervous system what the daily shower is to the external body or what fasting is to the internal body: getting rid of impurities.
In the subtle nervous system flows the vital energy called Prana. The impurities in the subtle nervous system are residues from karma (that are linked to memories, emotions, intentions, past actions etc...) that create blockages, knots, prints in the subtle nervous system. So when we practice meditation, and spinal breathing everyday we clean up these blockages. But not intentionnally. Meaning that we do have the intention to sit everyday to do our practices but once we start following the simple procedure of DM and SBP described in the lessons, the cleaning operates by itself. The body has its own intelligence and the only thing we do really is to create the good conditions for it to happen. So as the blockages dissolve, the energy flows better in the Nadis. And as you practice everyday, you become more and more purified. The consequenses in the long term are bliss and ecstatic conductivity. In the short term me might also experience sometimes all sorts of symptoms as the energy can't flow freely in the Nadis yet. Automatic yogas are unvoluntary yoga practices that occur by themselves driven by that energy.

Hope I made myself clear. Tell me if not.

Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2019 :  12:58:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000