AYPsite.org Forum
 Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 Remembering Yoga
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2018 :  12:14:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I just had a realization...I always tell people that I discovered yoga when I was 17 yrs old...but in reality, I remembered yoga at 17. I went to my first class with a friend and we laughed throughout the class making fun of the teacher! But all I could think of was “I’ve done this before. I’ve done yoga before.” Like it was familiar from another lifetime.

Anyone else had similar experience?

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2018 :  03:37:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, the most profound was with the sutras of Patanjali, the first book of yoga I read. Everything in me resonated with that little book full of the not easy to read sutras. Exploring the sutras I got hot flushes, extreme head pressure and I did not understand why. At the same time there was that feeling, this is it, this is Thruth, I know this and have forgotten it.

Go to Top of Page

smileforme

USA
29 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2018 :  12:53:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes. The other time Christi told me about my experience which was nirvikalpa samadhi and I perfectly felt that I have done it before and it was like a dejavu. And not only that, it didn't even surprise me that much as if something that has been with me all along. What I felt is like Oh I just found my watch kind of thing.

Edited by - smileforme on Sep 30 2018 1:36:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2018 :  10:12:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Chard, sounds awesome!

I never believed my local after death theories. I don't believe other's. I don't really know. But I've had deja vu many times.

Edited by - lalow33 on Oct 01 2018 12:59:59 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000