Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 SBP - Effortlesness vs. Concentration
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fmyoga

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - May 03 2018 :  11:43:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello!

I´m practicing the SBP for a few months now and some questions came up for me.

Is it better to realx more during the practice and try doing it without any effort? Or is it better to put more concentration into it to really go the way through the nerve more percise?

Should I let my breath naturally / effortlessly go and maybe it gets deeper after a while or put a bit more force in it to go slow?

I always feel / visualize my nerve more while exhaling on inhaling I usually just can jump from down to top.

Fabi

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - May 03 2018 :  8:36:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just relax and let the process do its work. The guru within will take care of the details. No forcing either.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - May 04 2018 :  9:55:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Being at the Ajna at the top of the inhale, and the root at the bottom of the exhale is fine technique, the tracing in the middle of the breath can be looser and easy. As Jusmail says, forcing is counterproductive, no need for uber precision.
Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2018 :  7:13:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A practical point about "uber precision:"

We can't really be precise if we don't know exactly where in the body the susumna is, and if the sensation we think is the susumna is actually the susumna.

So if we don't know where it really is but we try to make our raised prana go exactly through it, we are likely to force the prana to go somewhere that is not correct. I couldn't say this could be harmful, but in defining a similar pranayama in "Light on Pranayama," B.K.S. Iyengar says that pranayama done incorrectly can have negative health effects.

Here we are using a principle of faith that "prana will find its own way if we try to motivate it gently," and that the susumna exists to be a conduit for prana. We are not drilling a new susumna, we are exercising the susumna we each already have to carry our energy more efficiently.
Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2018 :  7:17:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So I think the safest and probably most effective thing for us to do is to gently motivate the prana to rise by performing this AYP pranayama, and allow the energy to find its path of least impedance.
Go to Top of Page

YogiCosmos

USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2018 :  08:04:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
First visualization then realization.

A gentle thought that your doing SBP is enough.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000