Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Help Required - Vijnana Bhairava Tantra 22
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

samy

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2017 :  10:47:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear All,

I want to get rid of a fear which I got it in my childhood. I had a chance to listen to Osho's speech(Vijnana Bhairava Tantra 22) where he quoted the below one.

"Let attention be at a place where you are seeing some past happening, and even your form, having lost its present characteristics, is transformed"

Nithyananda also quoted the same with a different explanation. He used this quote for explaining the completion process.

I am confused by Osho's explanation and also completion process. Could not come to a conclusion which one is the right one for me.

Could someone help me to explain this?

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2017 :  09:18:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi samy

I have noticed this is your second topic about Vigyan Bhairav Tantra.

The meaning of the sutras become obvious to each of us as we progress spiritually. Do you have a yoga or meditation practice?

Understanding various scriptures only at intellectual level tends to be of little benefit.
Go to Top of Page

samy

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2017 :  09:40:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BlueRaincoat,
Thanks for the reply.

Yes. I do meditation regularly but still unable to control my fear. So hoping that following the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra technique 22 will help me.

Thanks,
Samy

quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

hi samy

I have noticed this is your second topic about Vigyan Bhairav Tantra.

The meaning of the sutras become obvious to each of us as we progress spiritually. Do you have a yoga or meditation practice?

Understanding various scriptures only at intellectual level tends to be of little benefit.

Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1508 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2017 :  1:34:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi samy,

Lesson 259 may help.

Lesson 259 - Fear and Enlightenment

https://www.aypsite.org/259.html

Go to Top of Page

samy

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2017 :  10:44:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks sunyata for your kind advice. I will follow that.

quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Hi samy,

Lesson 259 may help.

Lesson 259 - Fear and Enlightenment

https://www.aypsite.org/259.html

Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2017 :  04:54:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by samy
Yes. I do meditation regularly

Then you are on the right track Samy. As you will read in lesson 259, it takes a good number of years before we rearrange our relationship with our emotions.

The technique described in Vijnana Bhairava Tantra 22 requires a well developed Witness (or Inner Silence, as we call it in AYP). When your meditation practice brings you to that level, you will apply Sutra 22 by default. On the other hand, there isn't much point making a voluntary task of it while the witness is not up to it.

If your anxiety is getting to an uncomfortable pitch, perhaps self-pacing your practice is something to consider?

All the best
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000