Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 digestive problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

capucine

France
66 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2017 :  09:31:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Since days, I have digestive problems (belly aches, diarrhea…) and I wonder if there are some links with AYP pratices (I pratice mediation, SBP, mulabandha and sambhavi twice a day since 2 months).

These problems appeared progressively 2-3 weeks ago. During some meditations (not all the time), I felt a strange and very “high” state full of love, blissful and with light shivers from the root the head, and automatic sambhavi. Really good.

But after, day after day, digestive problems appear and increase. Since, meditation time is not really efficient. I really don’t know if there is a link. I try to understand where is the problem to solve it. It is overload or a self-pacing problem ? I don’t feel overloaded.
I stop completely gluten since 2 days. But not really better, have to wait more days maybe.

From yogani’s lesson n°304, kundalini, digestion and diet are linked : “Digestion is at the center of the kundalini process and many of its associated symptoms. So it stands to reason that diet has a role to play. And the role of diet will not always be the same, depending where we are on our path”

I understand we can choose to change our way to feed ourselves (like stop to eat meat), but can yoga pratices change the digestion process and obliged to stop to eat something ? or my problem is not linked to AYP, and it’s just coincidence ?

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2017 :  10:01:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cut back to only meditation and SBP for now. When things get better, you can slowly return to other practices. Also have adequate intake of sodium and electrolytes to regain lost nutrients. Wishing you better health in the coming days
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2017 :  10:33:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi capucine,

First of all, if you have health problems it is wise to get checked by your GP. It is possible you have a virus or a bacterial infection for instance. Like jusmail pointed out, stop a few days with the practice, hopefully you will feel better soon.

This lesson might give you some insights in the process of digestion and kundalini. We will become more sensitive during our spiritual journey. We will feel inclined to change our food habits.

'Yogani' : we know that mind and body are connected. The condition of our nervous system determines what we can experience. Advanced yoga practices work to purify and open the nervous system. This is not separate from our biological functioning. As we transform neurologically, biological transformations will occur also. In the ancient scriptures, there are references to inner alchemy and to magical substances called "soma" and "nectar" arising in the body.

http://www.aypsite.org/51.html

Best wishes,

Edited by - Charliedog on Oct 10 2017 10:37:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

capucine

France
66 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2017 :  11:48:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I plan to see my GP. But I’m feeling not enough ill to suspect a virus. It’s different. As you suggest, I’m going to stop the practice a few days to calm and cure.

Lesson 51 is really very interesting, I’m trying to understand all ! I will give news later ! thank you,
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2017 :  12:57:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to hear Capucine! Have u looked into your dosha from an Ayurvedic point of view- could be pitta imbalance. Blessings! Chard
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2017 :  07:17:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Capucine,

Sorry to hear that you have digestive problems. It will take some detective work on your part to understand what happens. One thing you may want to consider is the fact that digestion tends to slow down somewhat with spiritual practices. The prana is redirected toward higher processes, so there might be less fire to digest raw and heavy foods. The classic book Hatha Yoga Pradipika says that a diet of rice, lentils, and ghee (clarified butter) is supportive at the beginning of the spiritual journey. It also advises to avoid most spices, as well as onion and garlic. You may want to try this: a diet of cooked food and ripen fruit, without spices. Smaller portions are easier to digest.

It is good to keep in mind that the digestion and the diet will continue to change as you progress on the spiritual path. And all will pass on the way to a higher balance.

Best wishes,
Blanche
Go to Top of Page

capucine

France
66 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2017 :  03:35:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Blanche, your answer makes me think that when I eat food with just a very small amount of spice, I have the same digestive problems. That’s why I avoid to eat spices. So what you said give me a lot of sense.

Chard, I looked at pitta imbalance. According to an aryuveda test to profile myself, it seems that I’m definitely pitta ! Ok, I see the logic !

Now, I’m orientated to eat lots of rice, potatoes, lentils, apples and poirs (ripen at the garden), cooked carrots, oils… avoiding raw vegetables (that I eat really a lot before). I feel better since yesterday.

I’m going to follow this way and a pitta diet and I’ll see.
Go to Top of Page

arjunsharda

India
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2018 :  07:44:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit arjunsharda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for information
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000