Cody Rickett, LMT, RYT
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2017 :  11:15:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
www.codyrickett.com

This is my homepage for massage therapy, reflexology, and of course, teaching Advanced Yoga Practices. I've just launched it, so much content will be added in the coming weeks. I'm filming an instructional video series on AYP that will explore many of the nuances within the techniques, based on my 7 years of experience, which most recently culminated in being certified in AYP in France.

I will also be posting about group meditations and retreats I'll be hosting, so stay tuned!

Love. Radiance. Unity.

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2017 :  2:40:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Where's the like button?
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2017 :  3:54:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful website and vision, Cody!

Wish you best of luck and joy in the materialization process!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2017 :  10:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Lalow and Omsat!

Yes, we need a like button.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2017 :  02:55:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2017 :  04:43:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
blessings
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2017 :  07:42:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Be blessed LIKE for the LIKE amazing LIKE work you have LIKE done LIKE. Love LIKE radiance LIKE unity LIKE
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2017 :  2:31:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jusmail

Be blessed LIKE for the LIKE amazing LIKE work you have LIKE done LIKE. Love LIKE radiance LIKE unity LIKE

There you have it!
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2017 :  7:44:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I like jusmail's post.

1/2 way to AYP sanctuary. Do it, Cody!!!
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2017 :  9:07:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations! Very cool, Cody.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2017 :  01:50:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2017 :  07:42:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

I like jusmail's post.

1/2 way to AYP sanctuary. Do it, Cody!!!

Exactly, Lalow! That is the vision.

Much obliged, Sey and Blanche.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2017 :  4:36:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Boundaries of Time
https://www.codyrickett.com/single-...onsciousness

A couple days ago, I was helping my mom clean out the attic. The space was stuffed with memorabilia. In one of the boxes, I came upon a baseball jersey with my name on the back. The shirt was from my Bayshore Little League days over on Davis Island, where I pitched and played shortstop. I pulled out the jersey from the tightly sealed plastic bag and put on the garment. Obviously, it barely fit, but I nevertheless managed to squeeze into it.

A little swell of sentimentality came brimming up, and I said to myself: Let's bring back the magic. Little League baseball was surely a magical time, and I'm sure everyone has memories from childhood that linger with a certain kind of purity and innocence. On the flip side, I know we all have memories that are not so picturesque or poignant. The reason I'm writing about my joyful recollection is because I want to pay homage to the past, and also to the future, and to talk about how those elements of time relate to bodywork, reflexology, and AYP.

One of the trendier fashions in spirituality these days is to harp upon staying in the the present moment. With the rise in popularity of philosophies like mindfulness, there seems to be an obsession with keeping one's awareness fixed upon the immediate circumstances of the physical environment. Don't let your mind drift into the past or future, or lose touch with the breath or body! This emphatic plea to stay in the present moment is understandable, because after all, the present moment is what bridges the past with the future. The present is the fulcrum upon which we seesaw.

But, can you even identify or capture the present moment? Contemplate that. If we tracked the present moment with a clock, we could associate the ticking of the second hand with the passing of each moment, but that unit is just a construct that we superimpose onto the present moment, for purposes of convenience and functionality. The present moment seems to be moving, along with the rotation of the Earth, and in tune with many other phenomena. Yet, there is some quality of stillness in the present moment as well. It's as if the eternal moment of Here and Now is holding and embracing all the changes that flow through our perception, but the eternal bosom of Here and Now itself remains unchanged. Alas, we have a paradox. The present is both moving and not moving, changing and not changing.

I don't mean to indulge much in abstract thought, but these principles actually have very practical implications. Let me explain.

One of the wonderful things I get to witness with my reflexology clients is the transformation of consciousness that occurs both during and after the session. A classic example of this transformation is a change in breathing patterns that happens once the client is lying on the table. There is a subtle, yet audible, shift that can unfold, often in a matter of minutes. The "walking" method of reflexology creates a very soothing rhythm that the nervous system quickly absorbs, thereby inducing a state of deep relaxation. Clients often describe this condition as being nestled in between waking and sleep. This state of consciousness is very similar to what occurs during Deep Meditation of AYP. Other favorable symptoms include gurgling of the stomach, muscle twitches, and facial itching.

Now, bringing this discussion full circle, and going back to the trendy mandate to stay in the moment...imagine if I were to try to keep a client's focus solely on the physical sensations I was creating with my hands. That would be an incredibly invasive and restrictive style of reflexology. Instead, my style is one of allowance. I want to fully surrender to the prerogative of the client, and that means letting their awareness drift into whatever state of consciousness they're naturally falling towards. That could be a transcendental state. That could be a place filled with memories, or a vision of the future. Or maybe their attention will stick to the physical and energetic sensations for most of the time. It's all acceptable, and it all crosses the spectrum of past, present, and future.

However, as a therapist, it is indeed important for me to stay in the present as I am palpating and carefully listening to their body—making sure I don't drift into la la land. So, surely, there is a necessity and even urgency to stay focused in the present moment, but that depends entirely on what role we're playing at any given time. I'm merely giving credence to the flexibility that is needed in regards to the boundaries of consciousness, especially for the sake of the client.

Thank you for reading. Be still, and flow.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2017 :  9:22:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
as always
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2017 :  12:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dunkirk, and The Internal Battle
https://www.codyrickett.com/single-...ernal-Battle

Last night I saw Christopher Nolan's new film Dunkirk. The movie is a very sober portrayal of the hundreds of thousands of British men who were stranded on a beach in France during World War II as the German enemies were rapidly closing in. Fortunately, many of them were rescued and evacuated, even by British civilians who ventured across the English Channel with small sailboats to fetch them.

It's often been said: War is hell. Even if you've never been engaged in military combat, if you watch a movie like Dunkirk, it's easy to empathize with the sentiments regarding the horrifying aspects of industrialized violence conducted on a large scale.

But I'm not writing this particular blog to pontificate about military wars between countries. I'm writing to reflect upon the wars we tend to wage with ourselves, and how we can bring peace to the battlefield within our own body and mind.

In reflexology, we observe markers on the extremities that give us clues to the inner condition of the client. An instrumental part of interpreting the markers involves using the four natural elements of earth, water, fire, and air to better understand the predicament(s). For instance, if there is excess redness in Horizontal Zone 2, that is a fire symptom. The chest region has been fire-bombed from the inside, much like the beaches of Dunkirk. But unlike Dunkirk, the enemy has manifested not from an outside source, per se, but from the internal behavior patterns of the client, or perhaps from how they're handling an external challenge in their life. Fortunately, we can use the elements to counterbalance each other, and in the case of fire, water is obviously a tempering response to the agitation. More fluidity, more hydration...not just in the physical sense, but in the emotional/mental spectrum as well.

In the Samyama book of AYP, there is a delightful appendix that holds an extended list of sutras, in addition to the standard nine that comprise the core routine. Here is one of the sutras on the extended list:

26. Elements – mastery over the five elements (earth, water, fire, air, and inner space), enabling manipulation of all matter, including the size, appearance and condition of the body.

When dropped into stillness, that sutra cultivates an improved relationship with the elemental forces that make up our body, including the more subtle regions of our mind (inner space). To touch the sutra with our awareness is kind of like touching the extremities with reflexology. We press and release, and let the nervous system do what it will. It's not so much about trying to materialize an exact result as it is instilling a rhythm and habit of trusting the genius of the body's command center. That is why, at both the Foot Whisperer and AYP, we cover the full range of our target, without fixating too long on particular points. We take a global approach to our microcosmic territories.

Going back to the theme of war, I have found virtue in the concept of being a peaceful warrior. Yogani has hinted at how we can further embody this archetype: "We can choose to become active in surrendering our stories and dramas (and our knee-jerk reactions) to what is happening right now, even as the stories and dramas continue to play in our head. That's fine. Let them play. We just release in stillness and live our life. In doing so, we can become fierce warriors of Being."

So, to bring peace to our respective battlefields, we don't have to become meek or subservient. Quite the opposite. We have to actively engage the elements that compose us, and work with them, rather than against them. The scenario is not: Human vs. Nature. The true story is: Human is Nature.

Be still, and flow.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2017 :  2:03:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations, dear Cody. I'm excited for the world! It is such a joy to see you grow into your leadership potential, and to see the coming together of your years of sadhana in such a perfect, blissful way.

Wishing you the very best in all you do.

So much love.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2017 :  4:04:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, dear Kami. You've been such an inspiration yourself, and I'm certainly following your lead in using the open-source knowledge and making it our own.

Edited by - Bodhi Tree on Sep 20 2017 4:37:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2017 :  4:49:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am very happy for you Coddy, best wishes with this project!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2017 :  7:57:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Will Power!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2017 :  3:21:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a video in which I give brief instructions in Deep Meditation:
https://youtu.be/5Ums4fv92-g

I posted this as a precursor to the weekly meditations I will be holding at the Foot Whisperer in Tampa, Florida beginning next Wednesday, October 11th.

Enjoy, and swing by if you happen to be in Tampa!
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2017 :  10:19:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice video and nice voice. Maybe you could have added that if they have a very busy day, they could cut down on the meditation time.

Just curious if you are still on the initial mantra or on any mantra enhancements since you have been in AYP for 7 years!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2017 :  11:58:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Jusmail. That's a good component of self-pacing to mention, and one that I have touched upon in the 1.5 hour version, so I will probably release that video in the not too distant future.

I am currently on the second mantra enhancement, used with solar centering. My daily routine is: Asanas, Spinal Breathing, Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka, Bastrika, Deep Meditation, Core Samyama, then ending with Cosmic Samyama. I do some other non-AYP tricks as well throughout the day. Always striving to get a little closer to the Mystery.

Love. Strength. Wisdom.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2017 :  11:19:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Why Community is So Important
https://www.codyrickett.com/single-...So-Important

I spent a summer in Alaska, working at a resort on the edge of Denali National Park. At that time, Jon Krakauer had recently published a book called Into The Wild, which is a non-fiction account of a young man named Christopher McCandless, who ventured into the wilderness of Alaska by himself, and tragically died due to food poisoning and starvation. I read the book while I was in Alaska, and was very moved by the story. Sean Penn eventually directed a film based on the book, and the movie is equally as compelling as Krakauer's piece.

Though the story seemingly ends tragically, there is some beautiful silver lining in the tale. McCandless kept a journal in his dying days of solitude, and he came to a wonderful realization. To paraphrase, he wrote: The realest kind of happiness is that which is shared. He had exerted a lot of effort to unplug from the mainstream grid, to distance himself from the demons of his family, and to embark on a solitary journey, but ultimately, he yearned to reconnect and to reconcile with the family and society he had run away from.

With spiritual practices like meditation, there is a place for solitude. To go within is to some extent to be alone. But, there is great strength and power when we meditate in groups. The more, the merrier, as they say. The meditation retreats I have attended have brought increased bliss and traction in stillness, and that's why I will be holding weekly meditations at the Foot Whisperer. I want to pay it forward by facilitating group settings. We desperately need the community dynamic, even more so than solitude.

Not to darken the mood any further in regards to tragic deaths, but I can't help but comment on the recent shooting in Las Vegas. Those kind of events are a symptom of the residual disconnective-ness that is being purified and transformed as we move forward in human evolution. When we meditate together, you can be sure that our radiance will mitigate, and ultimately eliminate, occurrences like those. When we set our minds to cultivating inner silence, we are moving in the opposite direction of nonsensical violence. We are moving towards unity, divine love, strength of character, and many other utopian qualities. We are being part of the solution, and not part of the problem.

Community is the glue that binds the world together. You know, the word "attachment" often gets a negative spin in spiritual lingo, but for me, there is very much a positive version of attachment. I'm talking about the kind of attachment that links hearts and minds together. I'm talking about the chains that secure and fasten our livelihoods and infrastructures. Some chains don't need to be broken or gained freedom from; some chains actually support and fortify our relationships as interdependent organisms.

The motto here at the Foot Whisperer is: Truth. Community. Purpose.

Let's find our truth by uniting as a community for the purpose of cultivating ecstatic bliss, stillness in action, and an outpouring of divine love. It's bound to get better if we implement potent practices and stick with our vision over the long run.

Thank you for reading. Be still, and flow.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2017 :  6:07:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Community is the glue that binds the world together. You know, the word "attachment" often gets a negative spin in spiritual lingo, but for me, there is very much a positive version of attachment. I'm talking about the kind of attachment that links hearts and minds together. I'm talking about the chains that secure and fasten our livelihoods and infrastructures. Some chains don't need to be broken or gained freedom from; some chains actually support and fortify our relationships as interdependent organisms.

The motto here at the Foot Whisperer is: Truth. Community. Purpose.

Let's find our truth by uniting as a community for the purpose of cultivating ecstatic bliss, stillness in action, and an outpouring of divine love. It's bound to get better if we implement potent practices and stick with our vision over the long run.

Amen, brother
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2017 :  06:51:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

Why Community is So Important
https://www.codyrickett.com/single-...So-Important

Though the story seemingly ends tragically, there is some beautiful silver lining in the tale. McCandless kept a journal in his dying days of solitude, and he came to a wonderful realization. To paraphrase, he wrote: The realest kind of happiness is that which is shared. He had exerted a lot of effort to unplug from the mainstream grid, to distance himself from the demons of his family, and to embark on a solitary journey, but ultimately, he yearned to reconnect and to reconcile with the family and society he had run away from.

The shared happiness is the foundation of true love - the wish for the happiness of the beloved, and the joy in the beloved's happiness. Happiness is our true nature, and the individual self is an inter-relational self - it expresses itself in relations, through relations. We are woven together in the tapestry of the world, each of us an unique expression, each of us an essential part of the wholeness.

Thank you for sharing, Cody.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2017 :  8:13:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Right back at you, Dogboy.

My pleasure, Blanche.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000