New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Christi

United Kingdom
4371 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  01:04:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wolfgang,
quote:
Do angels have a sex, are there male and female angels ?

All I can say is that once we start talking about higher beings, sex and sexuality changes, it has a different quality to it. More than that I can't really say. But this does tie in with the "are angels and ascended human beings almost identical?" question, because we see the same changes happening in the human who is transcending through spiritual practice. Even the sexual chakra at some point stops existing as a seperate chakra and begins to merge with the other chakras into a single column of luminous ecstatic energy.
Christi
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2007 :  6:16:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

It also falls in the ‘scenery along the way’ category.

Along the lines of scenery: A novel, cautionary tale perhaps, about a man who falls in love with a winged woman. The only way they can consummate their relationship is for him to get his wings, so he goes on a journey toward that goal. An entertaining and touching story.

The Book of Flying, by Keith Miller
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2004/f...art_and_the/

Edited by - bewell on Jan 14 2007 6:24:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2007 :  10:03:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just read this in a book from Don Miguel Ruiz, nagual, toltec teachings (my shortened and sloppy translation from Swedish):

quote:
When you were born your pineal gland was hit by a beam of light from a band of archangel energy above earth. This beam decided which archangel that would be your guardian in this life. Your own core is also one of the archangel's core. These both angels are not necessarily the same energy. So you carry two angel energies, the one in your own inner being and the one from your guardian angel. When you form your mind during childhood, you also create the first filter around your guardian angel who watches over you. Under this filter your guardian angel seems to be asleep and forget that it is an angel. This covering of the angel is what we call the parasite [the mind with its inner judge, victim and belief system]. By waking up you make holes in the filter, and through these holes you are more and more exposed to the black light of your true self. At some time in the purification process, when you have reached a high love vibration, the angel will jump out and melt together with your inner being, or your primary archangel.

Perhaps that is the time when the wings appear???

I asked the lady I know, and she said: The wings clean! They share their love energy and clean the surroundings. She could get all warm sometimes when the wings were very busy cleaning.

I think it is a beautiful thought, but I do not walk around minding my wings. However, she said it is important to keep the wings clean. During shower - make a conscious washing of the wings to keep them clear. I feel an instant lightness and peaceful mood when I do this, so I do it regulary just for the nice feeling.

Edited by - emc on Feb 03 2007 10:05:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4371 Posts

Posted - May 21 2008 :  2:30:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

Here is a quote from “Meditations on the Tarot” for the benefit of any winged human beings in the world:

“...there is also an essential difference between the functioning of the physical wings of a bird, and the operation of the wings... of an angel.... The bird, in flying, supports itself on the air in order to overcome terrestrial gravitation. Its flying results from its effort... However it is the opposite for an angel. Its flying... is a magical operation of the establishment of contact with celestial gravitation. It is the touch of divine love that the angel seeks and finds by means of his wings, and which raises him in ecstacy to a higher sphere.

...From tradition we know that there are also human beings endowed with wings...
The astral and etheric wings of a human being signify a more-or-less advanced degree of recovery of the divine likeness in him. For certainly it was the lot of man before the original sin to have wings. He lost them subsequently....
The presence of authentic and legitimate wings in the human... is not without effect on the consciousness of the human being. It manifests itself above all, and in general, as a constant orientation of consciousness towards God. Then man always has the feeling of the presence of God and the spiritual worlds and nothing can take this feeling away from him or suffocate it in him. This feeling ... crystallises itself into two unshakeable convictions: that one can endure all for God and that one can accomplish everything with God. ... A winged human being is therefor disposed towards the heroic and the miraculous.” [Anon]

Christi
Go to Top of Page

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - May 21 2008 :  9:32:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi, thanks for starting this topic and thanks to everyone who posted. My take on wings is a little different.

A few months ago I went back into the gym after many years' absence. It was a bit frustrating, because I had to adjust my workout to emphasize stretching and grounding rather than gaining strength. It is taking me a long time to re-inhabit my body. If I'm not careful I work out too hard and hurt myself. Somewhere down the line I severed my mind-body connection.

About the same time the idea of wings spontaneously appeared to me during meditation. At the urging of another meditator I embraced the idea and allowed the wings to sprout. The wings were associated with strength so I used workouts as a time to practice the visualizations. The wings helped me lift the weights in upper body workouts. As I used my "imaginerial sense" the wings grew larger with much more detail - feathers, scales and talons.

I feel that the wings are a divine gift. They serve a useful function.

namaste,
Joe
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 25 2009 :  4:16:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Christy and all,

i had an experience today ("scenery") which might relate to this post and in case not i would like to hear if you experienced anything new in relation to this post Christy.

okay so here's what happened: during DM my head usually goes down and rests on my neck or chest half way through my session and during my 2nd daily session today my head went way down and then the sushumna was very alive and going outside the body from head to half back and i could feel it there living and radiating and visible by inner vision (etheric blue) and it was vibrating and spreading both ways right and left.

but to be honest this experience got just a little bit of my attention bcz i was way too much deep and enjoying myself tonsss so i didn't give it too much attention and i wasn't going to post about it since it seems like so many other scenery which come and go but while i was looking throughout the forums i found this post of yours again and saw a connection.... maybe my sushumna was trying to grow out wings who knows until then at least we know we've got one angel looking after us in the forums.

love,

Ananda

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4371 Posts

Posted - May 25 2009 :  7:42:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI Ananda,

yes, that sounds pretty similar... only in my case, the light was golden and rose up into the air fallind down around me on either side. It was something that only happened once and I don't give it much thought these days.

I am quite sure we are all angels. In fact, when I once flew with angels it was not their wings that I was entranced by, but their hearts. And when I once visited the angels in heaven, again I didn't even look at their wings because I was spell bound by the beauty of their singing. Their form seemed to be of secondary importance compared to their love and their devotion.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 26 2009 :  05:22:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thk you for the feedback Christy, and for sharing your beautiful experiences with us.

Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 26 2009 :  06:02:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi.
Once before my initiation to second level of Babajis kriya yoga,the night before,i traveled with etheric body to that realms of angels.
I heard their music,they played it all the time,and i remember very well sounds of trumpets specially (and something like harps i think).I didnt see any spititual being,but i remember i was in an incredible dimension of incredible pure love,pure light,incredible bliss and God was very close.
Earth was a crude imitation of that.I couldnt believe such incredible place could exits.
It was not like the music of this earth.It was more than that.Difficult to explain.Not earing it with my ears.Just with my soul and earth...
There are realms more subtle and better that this dimension of existence.I know it.
That music is celesial music.There they play music too,and our music is a poor imitation of that.
When i think about it it makes me long for it,it makes my soul cries,and all i want to do is my yoga practices.

Edited by - miguel on May 26 2009 06:18:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4371 Posts

Posted - May 26 2009 :  7:06:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Miguel,

Yes, that's the place I was talking about. Beautiful isn't it?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 26 2009 :  8:28:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Whit tears in my eyes: yes,it is...further more than imagination can reach.

Thanks for sharing this.

God bless you.

Edited by - miguel on May 26 2009 8:44:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 29 2009 :  9:39:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think this fits here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIjE...ture=related

Brother Neil
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  11:59:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  09:16:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
there's a beautiful scenery that happened with me last week and i wanted to share it at this topic but somehow i've let it go...

on top of wings in the etheric body, i became an angel... after a certain session last week during rest i kept on having this scenery of being a white angel of white light... like a small body of light started expanding from within and then suddenly i was a white angel; it was a white on white thing but there was the color dark blue on the outside don't know how to explain that and there was bliss to it but i kind of don't remember the whole thing quite exactly.

anyways just wanted to share, it's just a beautiful experience that makes me wish i could draw good.

L&L,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  09:57:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is wonderful Ananda.

I agree with this scenery!! You are an angel. And beyond.

Much Love

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  11:48:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Yonatan, and thank you for the lovely comment but this ego of mine which i am still pretty much identified with wishes to have the qualities of an angel but is actually far from being... but i trust in the words of dear Yoganiji that with time, practice, and bhakti all will keep on heading toward the better and up till now that's working faster than i thought it would and it's beautiful to watch it take effect: the yamas and niyamas are definitely getting much more... and there is a dawning of a new insight into matter at hands, i wouldn't call it wisdom but it's a step toward a simpler way of being...

namaste brother and much love to you too(f)
Go to Top of Page

Jivaakabhasana_Yogi

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  3:23:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jivaakabhasana_Yogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AAUUMMM
Eka dantaya Vidmahe Vakratundaya Dimahi Tano Danti Prachodayat...

AAUUMMM,
I turn my thought to the Lord with one tusk...
I meditate upon Him with a crooked trunk...
May the tusked One guide us all in the right Way...

quote:
Once, when at a satsang conducted by a visiting guru, I had a vision of Ganesha (the Indian "elephant dude" god) -- but not as he is rendered in art - but rather, very much a living Ganesha -- with the trunk radiating a specific visual energy ---- and it was like, "Ohhhh, I see where the elephant-headed idea comes from!"

That's a wonderful insight...I might point something out as well...There is a reason why Lord Ganapati is related to the Root (Muladre Chakre.) One has only to look at the human skeleton/body in gross anatomy...

Viewing it posteriorly (on the "backside") the Pelvis, Sacrum and Illac form his great winnowing basket ears..., the Sacrum and Cocyx form his trunk. Folks that put there bills and lottery tickets under Ganapati do not fully understand him. Remover of obstacles is only one of his many names, he is also the Lord of Obstacles, he creates them, puts them in place and he removes them. Hence depending upon its inherent action Mulaband either "anchors" or "releases" the Kundalini in the Root.

In Western religious parlance we often hear of the Holy Spirit as "descending in the form of a dove." If one looks at the top of the Caduces (the forebrain, midbrain, brain stem and spinal cord), it again becomes clear where this image comes from. Alternately the wings of the dove are the "occipital horns" of the brain, or looking at the medial portions of the two halves of the brain, from a flat perspective, with the stem beneath, it resembles a dove with its wings outstretched! (Pretty kewl heh?)

Regarding the discussion of wings, often times becoming aware of the subtle bodies I've experienced many things...I have experienced the concept of "wings", and as well, experienced it as the body becoming enormous, enough to fill the cosmos, or becoming infintessemly minute, able to ride on a single proton.

While enjoyable, fun, interesting, etc, and often (for me) experienced outside of formal practice, I treat such things as "window dressings" or "roadside scenerey" to utilize Yogani's metaphor.

Regards,
Jivaakabhasana Yogi
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  5:35:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Jivaakabhasana Yogi, don't worry all of us here know that it's passing scenery... i mostly share it to inspire beauty and bhakti and remember some of the beautiful scenery i've seen on my path when i get back to my old posts\ on the other hand i share my pains and sorrows as well so that i may remember where i came from...

namaste
Go to Top of Page

Jivaakabhasana_Yogi

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  6:06:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jivaakabhasana_Yogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

hi Jivaakabhasana Yogi, don't worry all of us here know that it's passing scenery... i mostly share it to inspire beauty and bhakti and remember some of the beautiful scenery i've seen on my path when i get back to my old posts\ on the other hand i share my pains and sorrows as well so that i may remember where i came from...

namaste

Aauummm,

Yepperdoodle, no worries here Ananda !!!

'spose I only mention that out of a sense of "duty", but yea, the scenery can darn well be inspiring to share in the right time n' place for sure.

Angelic wings were also a Talmudic and Kabbalistic way of saying that the individual or being in question was not limited by time or space...this carries over to Orthodox Christianity, where one often seas John the Baptiser with wings (as well as other particular saints that were said to bilocate during there lifetimes.)

I'll also take this time to wish all a happy Vernal Equinox. In many cultures throughout history, the equinoxes (equiniii???) symbolized new beginnings, as the day and night are equal in length...one can then leave something old behind, and take up something new one desires.

This link goes to my holiday wishes for Yogani and all the AYPers out here:
http://theheartofstillness.info/201...-beginnings/

Deepest regards,
Jivaakabhasana_Yogi
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  02:47:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Christi and all others for this beautiful and interesting topic. It makes my heart light on this dreary, stressed-filled Monday morning
Go to Top of Page

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  3:01:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had read somewhere (sorry, can't site, it was quite a while ago) that what humans interpret as "wings" are actually powerful energy cords, just as you experienced, Christi - (and as a highly-developed crown chakra can be seen as a halo)...interesting stuff to think about, a great experience for you :)

Edited by - wigswest on Mar 22 2010 3:03:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  4:18:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful experience!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4371 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  10:06:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by wigswest

I had read somewhere (sorry, can't site, it was quite a while ago) that what humans interpret as "wings" are actually powerful energy cords, just as you experienced, Christi - (and as a highly-developed crown chakra can be seen as a halo)...interesting stuff to think about, a great experience for you :)

Hi Wigwest,

Yes, when they appeared on me they were about the size of a golden eagles wings and as you say, formed by a collection of energy cords or strands. Interestingly, the angels I have met also have bodies formed by strands of energy.

It was a few years ago now that I first saw my wings and have not seen them since, but funnily enough, they started to re-appear last week, just as this thread got re-opened.

Hi Ananda,

Great that you have seen yourself as an angel. Scenery, reality, who knows?

"We are an in-between species on the evolutionary scale. In-between the animal kingdoms and the divine being kingdoms. We are a species in transition." [Yogani] (from lesson T10)

I am sure you already have the qualities of an angel. As I'm sure you know, the heart is more important than the wings.

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Mar 23 2010 11:37:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

Smileyogi

Australia
50 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  03:53:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Smileyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi everyone.
I am wondering if anyone else has experienced wings in their etheric body? Whilst doing a solo "retreat mode" AYP practice, I experienced a huge rush of energy up my back. 2 Chakras opened, one on each shoulder blade, and energy started pouring out of them, flowing upwards and outwards and then dropping back down, forming two "wings" on either side of my body, extending out several feet from my body on either side, and rising to about a foot above my shoulders.
Christi

Hi Christi..
I believe those are the left/right chi channels overflowing..in higher stages,the sahasrara integrates them in a huge ball of energy/light,and you get the Horus look(horns of wisdom).
This is because the energy flowing down from sahasrara,left and right.
But some people feel them on their shoulders,as integration on top of the head(the radiant aura) has not happened yet.
Bill Bodri explains a bit about this on http://www.meditationexpert.com/yog...fication.htm

quote:
"Then one day in meditation, due to a special form of the skeleton meditation I practice, one of those etheric flames appeared on my left shoulder blade (LEFT is the chi side of the body). About an hour later another one appeared on the right shoulder blade, because the two shoulders opened up at different times. Then later, another one appeared on the top of my head (that one I couldn't see but could feel)."

Anyway..glad you're becoming an angel Christi...
Much love to you.
Danny
ps..As I recall,the Zen master Hakuin had big issues with the energy overflowing from his shoulders..when he was over-exerting himself in meditation..finally he got some Taoist master to help him release the stagnant energy,by telling him to do some pranayama type exercises,and he was fine.

Edited by - Smileyogi on Mar 24 2010 04:52:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4371 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  06:21:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Anyway..glad you're becoming an angel Christi...
Much love to you.
Danny

Thanks Danny.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000