Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 None Standard Positions and Energy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  01:18:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

When I stretch my spine in the corpse position while standing or laying down. I get powerful uncontrollable twitching which forces me out of the position. It is most powerful when standing. I can even do it while siting down, but its not as powerful.

I believe this position creates a strong connection with my energy and allows it to flow like a white rapids river.

I have had this for as long as I can remember starting my meditation practice way back when in 2001.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
Am I correct in my analysis of what is happening to me?
What should I do about it?

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  04:17:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by LordBuzzKill

I believe this position creates a strong connection with my energy and allows it to flow like a white rapids river.

Hi LordBuzzKIll,

You gave your answer already

It's pranaflow, and the twitching you can see as automatic yoga. It is a sign of purification. As long as it is not too much for you, you don't have to do anything, it will smooth out, but this can take some time. If it is too much you can use self-pace, do less stretching and less intense exercises. (asana or otherwise)

I experienced this for a long time (years) also the feeling of obstructions and ants in the spine, eventually it became a smooth river.
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  04:31:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Charliedog,

I take the corpse position and it just works its magic? That's all I have to do and it purifies me? Honestly this seems too good to be true... This is surreal to me.

Does this end up being a substitution for (I AM) Meditation?

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on Jan 29 2017 05:00:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  04:49:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by LordBuzzKill

Hi Charliedog,

I take the corpse position and it just works its magic? That's all I have to do and it purifies me? Honestly this seems too good to be true... This is surreal to me.

Does this end up being a substitution for (I AM) Meditation?

http://www.aypsite.org/183.html One of the lessons on 'automatic yoga'

Mostly before you enter corpse position you did already exercises. This activates also the flow of prana. But it can also happen without.
The way I see it at this moment, we need meditation for development of silence. I did for years, asana and pranayama, all on the energetic side. I found peace and stillness through meditation. This can be different for others.

We need both sides in balance silence/energy. Like you notice, we need less and find more at some point. Just stretching the spine let the river flow.

Good things are happening LordBuzzKill.

Edited by - Charliedog on Jan 29 2017 05:07:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  05:08:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ya, now I don't do anything. Most of the time I don't even feel the need to meditate. I feel that I need to just move and let things balance themselves out.

Seems like a good position or two will help the process along.

This is very interesting to see how things naturally develop.

Thanks Charliedog
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  06:20:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The Guru is in You 'Yogani'
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4369 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  12:07:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lordbuzzkill,

One of the reasons that shavasana is rarely used for meditation practice is because quite often, when people develop a certain amount of inner silence in this position, they fall asleep. So for the cultivation of inner silence using Deep Meditation, it is recommended to be sitting upright, or at least sitting with back support, if someone is not able to sit upright.

Savasana is recommended in AYP for use at the end of asana practice, for a few minutes. This gives the benefits of the pose (which you have begun to discover), without the risk of falling asleep. So it is not a substitute for Deep Meditation practice.

Charliedog is right, that you do not need to be doing anything during savasana. These are the instructions given for savasana practice at the end of the AYP enhanced asana sequence:

"22. Corpse Pose (Shavasana) - Lie down on your back with arms and legs spread a little, and relax. Let your mind relax completely. Remain in this posture for about one minute. Longer if you like. Now you are ready to take your seat for pranayama and meditation." [Yogani]

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Jayleno214

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2017 :  4:06:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Stopping meditation because you got strong prana is irrational. No matter how much of anything you experience, letting go is always what you need, even if it's what your already doing.

What you got is a ton of prana. Ever seen a torn electric cable in the movies? How it seeks a path wiggling like a worm? That's you and that's prana. If you were purified and cultivated enough you wouldn't shake but instead feel the smooth flow. I've experienced this too one when forcing practice whilst chasing pleasure, and i too need more purification.
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2017 :  01:51:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi,

Yes as I have stated it's done standing when its most powerful. I usually do it then. I just feel the need to stretch and release it all. Feels great. Other areas in the body demand that from time to time as well. I don't hold it. I am letting things go at their own pace. It's a nice cool ride.

Jayleno214,

I agree. I had an overload years ago. And this is the effect of that. I am taking it nice and slow. The reason I don't meditate is because it happens automatically a lot. I don't want to overload so I let automatic yoga do its thing. Whenever I feel comfortable enough I meditate. This time around I am keeping to a nice speed that I can control. No more flying through the stars at the speed of light.

Thank you all
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000