Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 How to Verify Rise In Global Spiritual Awareness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Late Bloomer

Canada
22 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2017 :  8:41:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

If this has been addressed already, I apologize for the duplication. I haven't been able to find it anywhere. (So please point me in the right direction if so!)

So as the title implies, I keep hearing about this ongoing rise in spiritual awareness/awakenings on a global scale. Yogani has mentioned it, but I've also seen it from others as well. I would so love for this to be true, but I wonder how people seem to know this beyond any doubt?

For example, is it simply based on the idea of the Age of Aquarius, or is there more to it than that? If more advanced spiritual practitioners could say some things about this it would help me a lot. Although I don't subscribe to gnostic beliefs, the idea that the spirituality of humanity has been "devolving" makes a lot of sense, given trends of *organized* hatred and bigotry I've noticed in recent years. (I don't mean a specific political party or movement, by the way. I'm just talking about certain everyday examples of meanness/bullying occurring on a massive scale, perpetuated by otherwise ordinary citizens, such as the increasingly sophisticated and intricate forms of cyberbullying that have been emerging.)

Any thoughts on this? IF any of you are up to it, would you be able to entertain me asking further questions about this. If not, that's also fine! Any comments are welcome.

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2017 :  10:01:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nusradin was in the street one day searching, a passerby asked what what he was doing he replied he had lost his key the passerby asked where he had last had the key ,in my house replied nusradin ,then why are you looking for it outside in the street retorted the passerby ,nusradin replied because theres more light out here,

maybe in this age of information the light from the niche shines stronger.
Go to Top of Page

Late Bloomer

Canada
22 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2017 :  12:06:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for that parable, kumar ul islam. Point taken. :)

Since beginning AYP, I have managed a reasonably steady desire to understand the "Truth" of our world. Part of the reason for that is that I want to know whether my deep despair over the state of humanity is purely a mind matter based in some form of attachment, or perhaps something else.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2017 :  1:44:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nusradin became a smuggler he would go back and forth with his donkey every month from one country to another crossing the border ,every time he crossed the border the guards would search him ,his donkey, and the straw he carried sometimes they would even burn the straw to try and reveal the contents but nothing was ever found one day nusradin crossed the borders no more the guards missed him .After some years one of the guards was on holiday in wealthy land he spotted nasrudin being carried by servants and in lavish clothes the guard had to ask what nasrudin had been smuggling nasrudins replied donkeys .

sometimes the mind only sees the truth it wants to and disregards the truth thats actually there.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2017 :  8:51:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Late Bloomer

So as the title implies, I keep hearing about this ongoing rise in spiritual awareness/awakenings on a global scale. Yogani has mentioned it, but I've also seen it from others as well. I would so love for this to be true, but I wonder how people seem to know this beyond any doubt?

I've asked myself this question before, and never really found an answer. However, I've been noticing increasing signs of a potential mass awakening in recent years.

At some point, I stumbled upon this "intuitive astrology" website:

http://foreverconscious.com/

I've found that my experience, and the experience of others I know, have mirrored the articles pretty well. It doesn't really answer the question of "how do you know?", but I've grown to trust what the author is saying, since my experience seems to confirm it.

Hope this helps.

c
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  03:03:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Many teachers like Yogani, Eckhart Tolle, Dr. Wayne Dyer, Michael Beckwith, Deepak Chopra, and many others have spoken and written about this. This seems to be true. There is no proof that I can offer.

Another perspective has been mentioned here:
https://sladeroberson.com/spiritual...cension.html
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  12:59:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Two steps forward, one step back. The path doesn't follow an exactly straight line. It's winding, cyclical: a spiral.

The only lasting momentum is forward, in spite of minor setbacks or flashes of regression.

To deny progress is to deny the obvious. Progress is everywhere.

I know this microcosmically, and macrocosmically.

Stillness in action is the way.

Amen.
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  03:06:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kumar,
who is nusradin?
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  04:43:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nusradin was a sufi who taught through jokes and tales every tale joke has a deeper meaning depending on where you are or where your at ,idris shah brought him to my attention worth a look at his books about sufism ,it has taught me that the search for truth comes in many forms and that sometimes procedure and practice are also barriers to a clearer perspective and that attainment is being able to discern which can lead you to a greater understanding and that in each situation and age a different approach is needed .
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  06:22:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you .

Found this version on Wikipedia:
quote:

One late evening Nasreddin found himself walking home. It was only a very short way and upon arrival he can be seen to be upset about something. Alas, just then a young man comes along and sees the Mullah's distress.
"Mullah, please tell me: What is wrong?"
"Ah, my friend, I seem to have lost my keys. Would you help me search them? I know I had them when I left the tea house."
So, he helps Nasreddin with the search for the keys. For quite a while the man is searching here and there but no keys are to be found. He looks over to Nasreddin and finds him searching only a small area around a street lamp.
"Mullah, why are you only searching there?"
"Why would I search where there is no light?

To this one I have a special affinity:
quote:

Nasreddin was walking in the bazaar with a large group of followers. Whatever Nasreddin did, his followers immediately copied. Every few steps Nasreddin would stop and shake his hands in the air, touch his feet and jump up yelling "Hu Hu Hu!". So his followers would also stop and do exactly the same thing.
One of the merchants, who knew Nasreddin, quietly asked him: "What are you doing my old friend? Why are these people imitating you?"
"I have become a Sufi Sheikh," replied Nasreddin. "These are my Murids [spiritual seekers]; I am helping them reach enlightenment!"
"How do you know when they reach enlightenment?"
"That’s the easy part! Every morning I count them. The ones who have left – have reached enlightenment!"

Go to Top of Page

Late Bloomer

Canada
22 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  09:00:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone. I appreciate the further perspectives and the links and famous names provided. I hope more will share their views as well.

Something that occurred to me to observe over the last few days (particularly with consideration of the tale of Nusradin above) is the correlation between my alternating concerns for and acceptance of the world around me, and my inner struggle for self acceptance and self love. I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but of course the two must be connected!

Edited by - Late Bloomer on Jan 27 2017 09:10:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  09:12:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
when i listen to the load voices of todays world a quote comes to mind ..the exspression of ignorance is not a sign of knowledge ,throughtout history many have held truths about the way we see and act in the world their teachings lie in every peoples throughout the world using different vehicles and at times methods due to the age ,we live in age of enlightenment believe it or not everything is a our finger tips ,evolution is happening conciosness pervades everything, at the momment we grasp it n our form later there will be other forms as before, we have been mineral ,plant ,human, to make sense of this we choose how to view our existence whether as separate or through union or even both at the same time or not at all, sometimes i am the wave ,the ocean ,the sea .the river, but all in all i am just the water sometimes calm at times turbulent .
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  11:37:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are blessed, Kumar
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000