Yoga and Relationships
 Today's Meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2016 :  9:16:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Today I got the opportunity to meditate with a meditation teacher. He has been meditating since 1974. Silence and compassion flowing through him. The room was saturated with his presence.

When it was my turn to speak to the group- I was overwhelmed by divine joy. It had started to amp up when I entered the room, his presence was having that affect.

I spoke about the never ending divine joy that is poured into us with daily practice. And, that the joy is illuminated further in the constant dance of giving and receiving.

He put his hand on his heart and said yes and then my heart exploded with even more Love. I got emotional. Hopefully I didn't scare the new meditators. They were there to find peace and I didn't want my tears to make them think otherwise. I apologized and said they were tears of joy.

I feel so lucky to meet these divine beings.Just felt like sharing.

Edited by - sunyata on Jul 16 2016 9:27:26 PM

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2016 :  10:03:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's awesome. What kind of group was it (Buddhist, yoga, something else)?
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2016 :  10:25:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It was at my yoga studio. They offer Saturday donation meditation. I have been going there for over 2 years but never made to this class.

He taught pranayam (basic breathe in to the count of 5 and breathe out to the count of 5), breath meditation and self inquiry.
I just practiced breath meditation with solar centering when he was teaching.
I wanted to enjoy the presence as much as I could

Edited by - sunyata on Jul 16 2016 10:50:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2016 :  10:34:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent. Glad you made it. He sounds like the real deal. Thank you for the report.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2016 :  10:44:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, he was. It was a nice gift to receive.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2016 :  02:53:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata
I just practiced breath meditation with solar centering when he was teaching.
I wanted to enjoy the presence as much as I could

Love you Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2016 :  07:18:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love you too, Charliedog
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2016 :  10:45:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You're like a fountain, I'm getting wet
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2016 :  08:20:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

You're like a fountain, I'm getting wet

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000