Yoga and Relationships
 Grocery Store
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - May 29 2016 :  8:12:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I made a stop at the grocery store before going to a friend's BBQ party. The cashier lady said " I love your outfit,especially your T-Shirt. I was wearing a T shirt that read " Om...Breath it in all in, Love it all out". She asked me if I was a hippie? LOL...I said mmmmm I practice yoga and meditate, does that make me one? We both laughed.

She said she likes to do guided meditation but haven't been able to do the "real" meditation because she can't stop her thoughts. I shared with her the AYP technique of gently favoring the object of meditation, once you realize you are off of it and lost in thoughts. And that,even though her meditation may be full of thoughts, as long as she followed the procedure, it was working. She just needs to be consistent and practice daily.She was very excited and said that she is going to start practicing. She asked me how my practice affected my Life. I happily shared with her.

I didn't want to hold up the line, even though it felt that we could continue for longer. We exchanged a smile, my being lit up and so did hers- it was the Self recognizing the Self.

These small incidents confirms Yogani's
saying "extraordinary ordinary". It fills me with so much joy when I meet concious beings randomly in everyday life.

Edited by - sunyata on May 29 2016 10:16:03 PM

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - May 29 2016 :  8:40:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This happens to me a lot too, when yoga or meditation comes up in conversation. They all say "I think too much" and I counter with "you recognize that; that's a good thing! Now release the thought and easily go back to the mantra. If it happens again you do it again, and again, and so you will find you are doing it less and less, and get comfortable in the silence."

I always make sure I use "easily" "gently" "simply" and that I'm smiling, as an inducement for them to try it on their own. If the conversation continues beyond this, I direct them to the free lessons on AYP.org.

This is how revolutions start.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 30 2016 :  12:22:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Aha! Small miracles abound. Love it. And definitely love that somebody called you a hippie. You're one of the coolest hippies I've met, by far.

Also, I want that t-shirt! And speaking of t-shirts, we need to get on making some AYP t-shirts. I've got plenty of ideas, like the shining Om logo with "Stillness in Action" or "Outpouring of Divine Love" written underneath, and much more. So many creative options to explore.

quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

"We're on a mission from God." --The Blues Brothers
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 30 2016 :  12:24:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - May 30 2016 :  10:15:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

This happens to me a lot too, when yoga or meditation comes up in conversation. They all say "I think too much" and I counter with "you recognize that; that's a good thing! Now release the thought and easily go back to the mantra. If it happens again you do it again, and again, and so you will find you are doing it less and less, and get comfortable in the silence."

I always make sure I use "easily" "gently" "simply" and that I'm smiling, as an inducement for them to try it on their own. If the conversation continues beyond this, I direct them to the free lessons on AYP.org.

Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - May 30 2016 :  10:29:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

Aha! Small miracles abound. Love it. And definitely love that somebody called you a hippie. You're one of the coolest hippies I've met, by far.

Also, I want that t-shirt! And speaking of t-shirts, we need to get on making some AYP t-shirts. I've got plenty of ideas, like the shining Om logo with "Stillness in Action" or "Outpouring of Divine Love" written underneath, and much more. So many creative options to explore.

haha...I thought that was funny too- it was definitely the Tee.

AYP T-shirt's have crossed my mind as well. They would be awesome. Love your idea. We will probably have a hard time picking the best quotes from Yogani and may end of printing a book on the Tee.

CharlieD..

Edited by - sunyata on May 30 2016 11:52:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 30 2016 :  2:16:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lucky encounter Sunyata! I always feel lucky when I meet somebody who has their ears open to things like meditation and AYP.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 30 2016 :  7:35:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata
We will probably have a hard time picking the best quotes from Yogani and may end of printing a book on the Tee.

Exactly. Our cup runneth over.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - May 30 2016 :  9:09:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

Lucky encounter Sunyata! I always feel lucky when I meet somebody who has their ears open to things like meditation and AYP.

Yes, Blue. Unlike in the past, when I loved to talk about spirituality, I enjoy sharing presence more than talking about meditation/techniques these days. It's a nice change. If someone is interested, then I share. My conscious beings radar has gone through the roof in the past few years and the connections happens instantly.

quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

quote:
We will probably have a hard time picking the best quotes from Yogani and may end of printing a book on the Tee.

Exactly. Our cup runneth over.

. Seriously though, I'm hoping AYP Tshirts will come to Life soon.

Edited by - sunyata on May 30 2016 9:17:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Samadhi

USA
64 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  7:21:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

We exchanged a smile, my being lit up and so did hers- it was the Self recognizing the Self.

saying "extraordinary ordinary". It fills me with so much joy when I meet concious beings randomly in everyday life.

Yes!!! I Love these unexpected moments where we all flow together and cross to ignite one another.

I am definitely in for helping facilitate the production of AYP t-shirt designs!!! I have the skills to chip in on creating the art and design layout....

Yogani, would you like to see t-shirts come into existence? I would love to help in anyway I can.

Edited by - Samadhi on May 31 2016 7:54:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  8:44:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
While pretty much off topic, this post reminded me of my own grocery store experience from 2011. Here's an excerpt from a post I wrote here the next day;
"Yesterday, at about 4pm, I had a really beautiful opening. I fell into what I would call "The Great Unknowing" yet it was absolutely impregnated with Knowing/Clarity (I'm still baffled as to how to reconcile this paradox ). The result of this "opening" was the feeling of being a child again (which is still persisting to this moment) Everything is absolutely brand new and fresh again. Last night (after the opening and after sitting in meditation for a while) I took my wife and daughter to the grocery store.... the wonder and awe that was felt was literally like being a 3 year old again. Complete innocence and total joy over simply seeing fruit... it was like I had never truly SEEN fruit before. And I wanted to eat everything. I have been on an "anti-fruit kick" for several years now... NO desire to eat fruit whatsoever (I have been eating plenty of veggies, but no fruit at all for a long time). But I absolutely *needed* to buy at least one of every fruit there. Many of these fruits I'd *never* bought before. I bought mangos, kiwis, nectarines, peaches, a pineapple, bananas, avacados, apples, etc etc etc. And my lunch today basically consists of fruit. Most of which I had already eaten by 10am because I was so excited to taste it all. I truly feel like a child once again." (Taken from here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=9142#80498)

I literally cried at the beauty of a mango that day.

Anyway, I would love to see some AYP t-shirts made, and I know that tripone from the forums here owns a t-shirt manufacturing company, so perhaps it wouldn't even be particularly difficult to do so.

Anyway, sorry for that interjection... back to your regularly scheduled broadcasting.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  9:13:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Samadhi

quote:

We exchanged a smile, my being lit up and so did hers- it was the Self recognizing the Self.

Yes!!! I Love these unexpected moments where we all flow together and cross to ignite one another.

I am definitely in for helping facilitate the production of AYP t-shirt designs!!! I have the skills to chip in on creating the art and design layout....

Yogani, would you like to see t-shirts come into existence? I would love to help in anyway I can.

.Good to know of your creative side. My creative side is next to nothing.
It would be so much picking the designs though.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  9:45:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

While pretty much off topic, this post reminded me of my own grocery store experience from 2011. Here's an excerpt from a post I wrote here the next day;
"Yesterday, at about 4pm, I had a really beautiful opening. I fell into what I would call "The Great Unknowing" yet it was absolutely impregnated with Knowing/Clarity (I'm still baffled as to how to reconcile this paradox ). The result of this "opening" was the feeling of being a child again (which is still persisting to this moment) Everything is absolutely brand new and fresh again. Last night (after the opening and after sitting in meditation for a while) I took my wife and daughter to the grocery store.... the wonder and awe that was felt was literally like being a 3 year old again. Complete innocence and total joy over simply seeing fruit... it was like I had never truly SEEN fruit before. And I wanted to eat everything. I have been on an "anti-fruit kick" for several years now... NO desire to eat fruit whatsoever (I have been eating plenty of veggies, but no fruit at all for a long time). But I absolutely *needed* to buy at least one of every fruit there. Many of these fruits I'd *never* bought before. I bought mangos, kiwis, nectarines, peaches, a pineapple, bananas, avacados, apples, etc etc etc. And my lunch today basically consists of fruit. Most of which I had already eaten by 10am because I was so excited to taste it all. I truly feel like a child once again." (Taken from here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=9142#80498){quote}

Anyway, sorry for that interjection... back to your regularly scheduled broadcasting.

Love,
Carson

Thanks for sharing, Carson. No worries at all, please feel free to interject anytime. Indeed the rise of clarity and freshness of every moment makes living in the here now so scrumptious.

Funny, I went to the grocery store again this evening and bought a bunch of fruits including mangoes. When you have two growing boys, it's a frequent stop. I love love fruits. My lunch is fruits most of the days.lol

quote:
I literally cried at the beauty of a mango that day.

..Don't worry, you are not the only one, I can tear up at anything.
A friend of mine is a brilliant artist- she was sharing with me that she sees patterns every where and loves taking pictures.
I reciprocated that I see beauty in all things. Perhaps, symptom of an open heart.

quote:
Anyway, I would love to see some AYP t-shirts made, and I know that tripone from the forums here owns a t-shirt manufacturing company, so perhaps it wouldn't even be particularly difficult to do so.

Looks like we need to get on this ASAP!

Sunyata

Edited by - sunyata on May 31 2016 9:50:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

ruesoferick

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2016 :  2:38:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hahaha this made me laugh XD loved it
Go to Top of Page

sisterannica

Sweden
2 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2017 :  03:24:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit sisterannica's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's interesting that you discuss how to talk with others about your interest in yoga. When I started with yoga, I kept it as a secret and did not talk about it with my friends. But when I got to know the other participants on the course, I realized that they were more open with their interests. In recent years I do the same. It´s easier to talk about yoga now. In Sweden, I think it depends on the form of easy-yoga that has become popular. Here it is called Medi-Yoga, and I think that it is applied in other countries. Since it is also used in the general health care, people's mistrust of yoga reduced.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000