New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Christi

United Kingdom
4372 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  3:36:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani, and thanks.
I don't think you need worry that this new AYP lesson will encourage anyone to 'go to the crown' prematurely. If anything, it adds to the advice for the reader to be cautious regarding such practices.

Love and Light,

Christi
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  12:59:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4372 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  08:51:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

Well, it has been just over two years since I started this thread, and things are working out as you said they would. The ecstasy in my body is almost gone these days, even though as much energy as before is moving through my system. It is as if my inside is just empty space, and there is nothing to resist the flow. I have to admit, I had gotten quiet used to the ecstasy, and it seems strange living without it.

Also, there is very little activity at my crown chakra now, which is also what you said would happen. I have to confess that I did not really believe you at the time, I thought that chakras simply get more and more active as they open and expand.

I have just one question:
If ecstatsy is produced by the resistance caused by prana moving through unpurified nadis, and enlightenment is produced by the merging of ecstasy and bliss, then how can someone become enlightened once the nadis are purified?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  09:50:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

I have just one question:
If ecstatsy is produced by the resistance caused by prana moving through unpurified nadis, and enlightenment is produced by the merging of ecstasy and bliss, then how can someone become enlightened once the nadis are purified?

Hi Christi:

Ecstasy become refined, less symptomatic, blending with the bliss of inner silence. That is the merging.

Also, the process of purification and opening continues through karma yoga, i.e., service. There are still plenty of obstructions out there, and that is where the energy will flow naturally ecstatically. It occurs through the outpouring of divine love. It flows through each of us into our surroundings in its own way. Samyama (core and cosmic) plays a key role in this also. So does self-inquiry.

Good things are happening. Bravo!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  8:12:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Yogani,

Well, it has been just over two years since I started this thread, and things are working out as you said they would. The ecstasy in my body is almost gone these days, even though as much energy as before is moving through my system. It is as if my inside is just empty space, and there is nothing to resist the flow. I have to admit, I had gotten quiet used to the ecstasy, and it seems strange living without it.

I couldn't find where Yogani said this would happen? I understood from the enlightenment milestones lessons that first we would expect 24/7 inner silence, then 24/7 ecstasy would be added in followed by 24/7 bliss adding in? With various mixes here and there on the way from first to last.

The above hasn't been my experience, as ecstasy became quiet and in the background and doesn't posess that sensual quality it did in the beginning. I always figured it would return to be 24/7 with more purification? I seem to be missing some understanding here!

Edited by - Anthem on Nov 16 2008 8:19:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4372 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  02:27:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem,

I can't remember where Yogani talks about this... maybe towards the end of the deep meditation book, or towards the end of the pranayama book? I gave my copies away so I can't look it up.

See here from lesson 287:

http://www.aypsite.org/287.html
quote:
It is important to note that energy experiences in the crown area (usually mirrored ecstatically body-wide) are caused by "friction" from remaining impurities in the nervous system. So the energy symptoms themselves (including ecstasy) can be taken as a caution that there is more work to be done.

So crown symptoms, and ecstasy are both effects of purification happening.

And here from lesson 95
http://www.aypsite.org/95.html

quote:
The big rushes of ecstasy have to do with purification. It is the fun part of house cleaning, but it is still house cleaning. In time, there will be less friction in the nervous system and the ecstasy will become refined, like a quiet divine smile forever radiating outward from inside you -- very peaceful and very powerful.

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Nov 17 2008 02:48:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4372 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  02:40:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Hi Christi:

Ecstasy become refined, less symptomatic, blending with the bliss of inner silence. That is the merging.

Also, the process of purification and opening continues through karma yoga, i.e., service. There are still plenty of obstructions out there, and that is where the energy will flow naturally ecstatically. It occurs through the outpouring of divine love. It flows through each of us into our surroundings in its own way. Samyama (core and cosmic) plays a key role in this also. So does self-inquiry.

Thanks Yogani.

I get what you mean about refined... it is less sexual, and more joyfull if that makes sense.

Actually, I have recently added cosmic samyama to my practice, so it is funny you should mention it. Self enquiry I have been doing for a while. I will add samyama, and karma yoga and see what happens next.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  06:35:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello my friends,

this is another look with the same basis on dealing with crown chakra opening that might interest you.

crown chakra opening and suffism!

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=4746

namaste,

Ananda

Edited by - Ananda on Nov 17 2008 06:36:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4372 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  08:39:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

Thanks for that post. I have been doing that white light meditation for a while as one of my crown practices. It's one of my favorites.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  08:56:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello christy and you're welcome, can you tell me plz from which tradition you learned it.

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4372 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  09:36:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

It's a yoga practice. Sri Aurobindo used to teach it in the Pondicherry ashram in Tamil Nadu. There are a lot of links between Sufi teachings and Yoga. Your Sufi friend sounds like a handy guy to have around.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  4:07:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thk you my friend,

if you would like his email i can give it to you if you like and tell him about you; he's a kind soul plus he's really helpful and if you are interested in suffism this guy will give one hell of an insight.

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4372 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  01:16:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,
quote:
if you would like his email i can give it to you if you like and tell him about you; he's a kind soul plus he's really helpful and if you are interested in suffism this guy will give one hell of an insight.

Yes, do email it to me.

I just wanted to add that personally I don't think that the "bringing the white light down through the crown" meditation is a very good remedy for someone suffering from instability at the crown chakra. Some people think it is, and it seems to be based on the theory that if you have too much energy going up out of your crown, then bringing more energy down as well will balance everything out.

Personally I think it just aggravates the whole situation. I would not recommend the descending light meditation to anyone unless they have a very stable crown chakra already.

The fact that it helped you I think either means that you were lucky or more likely, that your Sufi friend changed something energetically in your body, which stabilized your system. I have heard that Sufis can do this. They are magical beings and we are lucky to have them on this planet.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  03:06:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i was about to email it to you 2 hours ago until i got a phone call that the lights of my car have been stolen. (what a beautiful morning)

will send it to you via mail.

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4372 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  08:21:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

Sorry to hear about your car headlights. Something like that always happens to me just when I am about to get enlightened. I am starting to notice a pattern.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2008 :  3:16:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wish it was so my friend..., then i'd take the car's alarm off and keep the key in it
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4372 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2008 :  03:59:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

quote:
Hi Christi:

Just one more thing. I used to have a strong current of energy which flowed up the centre of my body from the root chakra up to the top of my head. It caused mulabhanda and udyanabhanda to be automatic most of the time (and often sambhavi). Now it is hardly noticeable. Is this flow of energy also part of the purification process which goes (like ecstasy) when the purification process in the body is largely done?

And what about the Om sound? Does that vanish as well?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2008 :  09:00:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Yogani,

quote:
Hi Christi:

Just one more thing. I used to have a strong current of energy which flowed up the centre of my body from the root chakra up to the top of my head. It caused mulabhanda and udyanabhanda to be automatic most of the time (and often sambhavi). Now it is hardly noticeable. Is this flow of energy also part of the purification process which goes (like ecstasy) when the purification process in the body is largely done?

And what about the Om sound? Does that vanish as well?

Christi

Hi Christi:

None of it is ever gone, only refined into stillness. This is what the concept of "whole body mudra" is meant to convey -- a refinement of the energy via purification, and the connected mudras/bandhas along with it. OM is at the heart of that. None of it is gone, only very refined in stillness.

From there it goes outward into action for others, as mentioned. In that sense, the purification process is never done, not until we have become purified everywhere, to the furtherest reaches of the cosmos. It is not so difficult, since mind via samyama travels infinitely faster than the speed of light. Move over Einstein...

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4372 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2008 :  01:49:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
From there it goes outward into action for others, as mentioned. In that sense, the purification process is never done, not until we have become purified everywhere, to the furtherest reaches of the cosmos. It is not so difficult, since mind via samyama travels infinitely faster than the speed of light. Move over Einstein...

Thanks Yogani. I had thought for a long time that mind was faster than light. I had never heard anyone mention it though.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2008 :  09:33:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Thanks Yogani. I had thought for a long time that mind was faster than light. I had never heard anyone mention it though.

Hi Christi:

The infinite speed (or omnipresence) of mind becomes much more significant and useful as samyama advances. It is what core and cosmic samyama practices are about. Stillness in action and outpouring divine love everywhere ... and that means everywhere. We are That.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2008 :  09:54:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello yogani,

i've been meaning to ask you something concerning bliss and stillness and samadhi.

ok so samadhi is the same as stillness the way i see it and it's an amazing and beautiful state of being plus i don't know if it's relevant but i can see stillness coming into action within my case due to the increasingly automatic slowing down of my breath during daily activity.

but the thing is that in one of my meditation sessions i experienced smthg which is a lot more beautiful than samadhi or stillness; it was like a cocktail of bliss, ecstacy, stillness, kindness, love....

was that a glimpse of what enlightenment is and can that state stay with the person 24\7, and can we share others a glimpse once we achieve such state of being?

kindest regards, and thk you in advance.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2008 :  10:09:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

was that a glimpse of what enlightenment is and can that state stay with the person 24\7, and can we share others a glimpse once we achieve such state of being?

Hi Ananda:

Yes, and of course.

But the latter has more to do with the other person's bhakti than with our own condition. Enlightenment is not something that is sent. It is received through every open heart, regardless of what may be going on in others. There is much misunderstanding about this, in some cases leading to unhealthy co-dependencies. See this AYP lesson on shaktipat: http://www.aypsite.org/146.html

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4372 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  09:16:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

quote:

I think it will be a while before I am zooming around the galaxy purifying every nook and crany as I go. So there is obviously still a lot of work to do here first.

Thanks again for the advice.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  11:25:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Yogani,

quote:

I think it will be a while before I am zooming around the galaxy purifying every nook and crany as I go. So there is obviously still a lot of work to do here first.

Thanks again for the advice.

Christi

Hi Christi:

The nice thing about it is that we don't have to zoom anywhere. We are already there.

Where do we go when we do group samyama healing? Does it matter where in the world the person is? Nope. We just dial up the name, and we are immediately there, collectively in that case.

So, when we are dialing up "galaxy," "cosmos" and "unbounded awareness" in cosmic samyama, there is no place to go. We are there already. Samyama is about awakening what already is, and it is all here where we are right now. Stillness in action.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4372 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  02:52:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,
quote:

The nice thing about it is that we don't have to zoom anywhere. We are already there.

Where do we go when we do group samyama healing? Does it matter where in the world the person is? Nope. We just dial up the name, and we are immediately there, collectively in that case.

So, when we are dialing up "galaxy," "cosmos" and "unbounded awareness" in cosmic samyama, there is no place to go. We are there already. Samyama is about awakening what already is, and it is all here where we are right now. Stillness in action.

The guru is in you.

O.K. I think I'm starting to get it. I'm not one of the brightest sparks, so it takes a while for the penny to drop sometimes.

How many teachers have I heard say: "There is nowhere you need to go"? and still I think there may be somewhere I need to go.

Unbeleavable isn't it?

Christi
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000