New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - May 22 2017 :  11:46:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I too salute all the participants and the teachers for the wonderful program. When time permits, do give us a report of sorts.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - May 22 2017 :  9:17:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 23 2017 :  02:47:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So when and where is the next one?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - May 23 2017 :  10:20:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

I got back from France last night. We had a great time on the TTC. It was a full course, with up to 7 hours of yoga a day (asana, pranayama, meditation and lecture classes), and also a lot of fun and with time off to explore the local area.

We had a great group of practitioners and the depth of silence during practices was amazing. We began using three sitting practice sessions a day during the first two weeks of the course, and then went up to four a day for the second two weeks. A lot of transformations and openings took place during the course. It was wonderful to see the power of the practices when used in retreat mode over that period of time, and to see the changes that took place in people over the course of a month.

A big thanks to Devrim, Alex and Blanche who taught with me on the course, and also to the staff and volunteers at Le Moulin de Chaves, who cooked such amazing food and kept everything running smoothly!

We now have 22 more AYP Yoga teachers in the world. Congratulations to everyone who took part!

quote:
So when and where is the next one?

Hi Maheswari,

Devrim is planning the next AYP Teacher Training Course to be held at his retreat centre on Koh Tao in Thailand during September/ October 2018. It will be another international retreat taught in the English language and run as a 4 week course. Details to follow soon...

After that, I am planning to run another 4 week AYP Teacher Training Course at Suryalila in Andalucia, Southern Spain, during Feb/ March 2019. Again, it will be in the English language. Details will be posted here when they become available and also on the retreats page.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 24 2017 :  02:12:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
We had a great group of practitioners and the depth of silence during practices was amazing. We began using three sitting practice sessions a day during the first two weeks of the course, and then went up to four a day for the second two weeks.

wow....no overload?
As for me.after 1.5 year of no sitting practices at all,now since few months i am doing few minutes of SBP and silent meditation
i guess no retreats for me before i reach at least 1 sitting of 20 minutes
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - May 24 2017 :  02:56:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
wow....no overload?

Hi Maheswari,

We were using the standard AYP self pacing methods during the course. If people found that they were overly sensitive to the mantra during meditation, then they were encouraged to cut back on practice times or to use breathing meditation instead. And the same for Spinal Breathing, where people were encouraged to cut back on timings or to use Alternate Nostril Breathing instead, if they were experiencing high levels of sensitivity to practices.

Most people used Spinal Breathing Pranayama, Deep Meditation and Samyama throughout the whole course.

People who were going through powerful openings and awakening experiences, who found that four sessions a day were too much for them, were encouraged to go out walking instead of doing the second sittings each day if they needed to. This was the case for about 4 or 5 people towards the end of the course. People going through awakenings were given one-to-one support from the teachers. Some people on the course experienced the awakening of kundalini for the first time, whilst others were going through heart openings and even crown openings for the first time. So the teachers were supporting people through the process of awakening, as well as teaching their regular classes related to the teacher training aspect of the course.

Some people went through very powerful experiences, which will take them time to integrate into their normal day-to-day life after the course. This is quite normal after such a long retreat.

Self-pacing went both ways, with some of the more advanced practitioners doing extra sittings each day during their free time. So some people were doing 5 or 6 sittings a day plus the advanced pranayama practices.

quote:
As for me.after 1.5 year of no sitting practices at all,now since few months i am doing few minutes of SBP and silent meditation
i guess no retreats for me before i reach at least 1 sitting of 20 minutes

In general, yes, to do a course like this, it would be good to be stable with your current practice first and to be able to sit for at least 40 minutes, twice a day at home.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - May 24 2017 :  6:10:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Christi for sharing. It sounds beautiful and good to know there was support for those who needed it.

I have a request- can we have Trevor Hall for one of the dharma talks in the retreat ?

Great job on hosting the first TTC.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - May 25 2017 :  02:26:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sunyata,

quote:
I have a request- can we have Trevor Hall for one of the dharma talks in the retreat ?

We'll see if he is available.... I am sure he would be up for it!
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - May 25 2017 :  07:17:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Back from the month old retreat and still floating....
So here is a review of sorts:

Teachers: What can I say... They all complimented each other. There was profound knowledge there - about the subjects they covered and they were a real inspiration. Christi is the personification of inner silence. Devrim is such an inspiration - on the last day off there were a few brave souls who attempted 54 rounds of sun salutations led by Devrim. From the first surya namaskar performed right till the last one Devrim was the same graceful poetry in motion. Alex was our anatomy guru. His enthusiasm was SO infectious that all of us wanted to become anatomists ( ?) by then end of four weeks. His lecture about the delicate topic of Brahmacharya was superbly tackled. Lastly Blanche - her instructions on talking people through asanas, adjustments were remarkable and very helpful. It was extremely helpful to have a lady teacher - btw.

Venue : Steeped in silence and with a history of Zen monks practicing on the site for over a decade - the peace and energies were palpable. There was a weir onsite with a soothing background noise of running water. The meditation hall was great - with lovely acoustics and perfect for our chanting. The beautiful yurt that made patterns from the leaves sliding down and birdsong in the backdrop was a perfect setting for our afternoon practices. The food served was so good that Devrim had to do a class on fasting . We have all come back with recipe inspirations. Gail, Martin, Sarah, Mathew - our hosts were so hospitable that they had us fighting over - even karma yoga! We also got an additional advantage of Martin giving us a talk about the concept of " no -self" in Buddhism.

The course and curriculum: We practiced upto four times a day - building up sittings slowly. The sessions included AYP asana sequences, pranayama, DM, samyama. We had teaching practice lessons, lectures on all eight limbs of yoga. AYP advanced practices, anatomy, Ayurveda, bhagwad geeta, history of yoga, yoga sutras, hatha yoga pradipeeka, all the shatkarmas and the list continues... All in all I think everything that a yoga teacher needs was covered. The exam was a very AYP style exam - getting us to think about self-pacing and grounding and of course covering all other aspects of yoga and a teaching assessment.

Participants: We had 22 participants covering 13 nationalities. The course was in English but the participants delivered teaching lessons as if they had been speaking in English all their lives. I learnt as much from the participants as from the teachers. I have 21 friends for live now( I hear sigh - no getting rid of me that easy ! )

Sujata
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 25 2017 :  10:05:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mathurs

( I hear sigh - no getting rid of me that easy ! )

"You're not important. As long as you're out of my way."

Ahhhh...precious moments.
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - May 26 2017 :  1:59:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds great!!! oh and Suralya is very close to my home. I have not been there, but I have seen an image from the outside and it is very beautiful, with the Buddha eyes :-)
Go to Top of Page

frederic

France
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2017 :  12:18:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello,

I'm looking for a AYP teacher. I'm based in Issy-les-Moulineaux, just close to Paris, France.

Can anyone help me please ?

Thanks, Frédéric
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2017 :  4:00:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Frederic,

There are a couple of people on the AYP contacts page who are based in Northern France.

You could contact Jean-Louis who is based in Paris. His email is here: Contact

There is also Christina who is based in Northern France. Her email is here:Contact

I do not know if either of them are running classes at the moment, so you would need to get in touch and ask.

We try to run a retreat in mainland Europe each year and next year there will be one in North West Spain. Details for that are here. I will be running the retreat in Spain with Amandine who is one of our AYP teachers from the South of France. The retreat will be led in English. We also run retreats in the U.K. several times each year. The retreats are run near Exeter, which has direct flights from Paris. See here for those.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

frederic

France
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2017 :  5:37:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Christi,

Thanks for your precised answer !

Unfortunately, I'm not feeling enough advanced to join a retreat with you. I would prefer a weekly one-to-one trainer or so. I've contacted Jean-Louis two weeks ago, but he's not forming a AYP group as it was explained in AYPsite. He prefers other meditation ways. And I think Christina would be too far from home but I will try to contact her. Thanks !

I'm in sync with yogani books. I'm in sync with AYPsite forum. That's why I'm asking a teacher here. :-)

Do the 22 new teachers trained in France this year have all gone away from this beautiful country ?

I would like a presence not too far from home to ground easier.

Thanks !

Edited by - frederic on Oct 19 2017 5:40:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2017 :  8:27:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Frederic,

The teacher training course in France that took place in April/May this year was an international event, with people coming from 13 different countries around the world. Three came from France but they all live in the centre or South of the country.

Just to mention, people do not need to be advanced to join a retreat, unless it is marked specifically as "intermediate to advanced level". Most retreats we run are suitable for anyone, even for complete beginners.

Hopefully someone who runs AYP classes in Paris will post here. Or someone could start one...

Christi
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000