Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Crown Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

noir01

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2015 :  01:13:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all. I am new to the AYP Forum but I have been practicing deep meditation on and off since January of this year. Just these past two week, I began to meditate twice daily for 15 minutes each.

I have not done any practices besides deep meditation and it is very common to experience tingles and pulsing throughout my head and rarely on my back but it is never overwhelming and quite soothing. However, I recently became a bit paranoid because the past few days, I have been focusing on the tingles on the top of my head. But sometimes I feel tingles on the base of my spine as well.

I figure this is kundalini energy and I do not plan on doing SBP until the beginning of 2016 so I am defiantly progressing at turtle's pace (which is what I want) but was wondering if examining the sensations on the top of my head is dangerous? Am I doing a crown practice without even knowing it?

I s

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2015 :  02:08:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is no danger in examining sensations at the crown as they arise. You are in safe territory. The danger would be if you were placing a hard focus on the crown area for extended periods of time. That is not advised.

As you invoke the turtle spirit, you will ensure smooth progress. Slow and steady wins the race, as they say. You are wise to take the approach you are taking. Bravo.

Incidentally, the solar centering enhancement may be of interest to you. That is a nice addition to meditation, and mitigates excess energy or focus in the head. Like Spinal Breathing, you will intuitively know if or when it is advantageous to add that.

Carry on!
Go to Top of Page

noir01

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2015 :  10:41:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the response!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2015 :  12:27:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I figure this is kundalini energy and I do not plan on doing SBP until the beginning of 2016 so I am defiantly progressing at turtle's pace (which is what I want) but was wondering if examining the sensations on the top of my head is dangerous? Am I doing a crown practice without even knowing it?

Rather than kundalini, this is prana awakening in your body, fruits of your practice (right, SoHi? ). Over time, these inner winds blow stronger and smarter, and manifest in different symptoms. As Bodhi explained, nothing to worry about and something to easily observe as you would a lark on your window sill. Your approach to your practice is admirable, have fun enjoying the wonder unfolding! By witnessing (rather than controlling the) prana, you will be open to its intelligence and learn to trust it will address your purification for you. All you need to do is honor your practice, self pace when uncomfortable, and share the love
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2015 :  08:40:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dogboy a rose by any other name yes? There are degrees of fragrance though.

The sensations at the base of the spine and the top of the head are revealing to you the two poles, and a pathway, you are becoming sensitive enough via your practices to now be aware of them.

No one can tell you when the time will be right for you to practice in such a way that involves both poles.

There are Sadhana lineages that teach working strictly from the crown but it is better you are drawn to the teacher of these practices on your own rather than someone on-line saying look here, go shop there, they have a great sale on Crown related practices going on.

The reason why is because if you are not drawn to a teacher of such things in your heart of hearts first then going shopping and practicing what is taught can lead to difficulties.

I have known people who after taking training and initiation simply can not do the practices.

Why?

They were not drawn to it by the heart.

We all get drawn to what we need and where we should be at the time that is just right for us.

Allow your inner knowing during deep meditation to guide you. There is no such thing as a mistake so big you do not grow from it so try not to be too concerned.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2015 :  11:52:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Noir01,
Welcome to AYP forums. Good advices you received already. Just would like to conferm that Bhakti/ devotion for your practice is the most important ingredient.
Happy practice

Edited by - Charliedog on Sep 13 2015 11:57:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4369 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2015 :  08:37:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Noir01,

Good advice from everyone above.

The fact that you are experiencing these sensations on the top of your head and at the base of your spine is a sign that purification is taking place. I can concur with others above, that examining the sensations with your attention for brief moments will not be a problem. Placing your awareness deliberately at the crown for some time could be. So best to progress with caution in that area and follow the guidance given in the lessons. Sometimes the sensations can be so pleasurable and "attractive" that it is almost impossible to avoid placing the attention there. If that is happening, then you just have to manage the best you can.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000