Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Question about sutras
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dennis

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2015 :  2:50:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm just starting Samyama. I have no problems with most of the suggested sutras but have some questions. I own my own business and depend on it. Could a sutra of "success" or "money" be helpful, or is that covered with abundance?

In terms of the "inner sensuality" sutra, I'm married with grown children so what will inner sensuality do for me. I could see it if I were young and single. And I'm curious about radiance. What is that supposed to accomplish?

I want to get the 'best' set of sutras starting out since I know they shouldn't be changed.

Thank you.

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2015 :  5:28:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Dennis

I would say Abundance should cover all aspects of success and "for not wanting", in family and business. My understanding for Inner Sensuality relates to increasing sensations via purification from your practice. For me Radiance relates to the outward flow of love/bliss and sharing the fruits of your practice in your daily life. As a at home parent of a typical teenager and a special needs child, I long ago added Patience and Playfulness to my sutras, to help me be the best father I can be for my kids.

Samyama is an essential bookend and compliment to DM. I hope you find it as fulfilling as I do!
Go to Top of Page

Dennis

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2015 :  8:13:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Dogboy

Samyama sounds like an amazing practice. I guess I will use the suggested sutras then.
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2015 :  8:14:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Also remember it is you who assigns meaning to the words in samyama
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000