AYPsite.org Forum
 Bhakti and Karma Yoga
 A little roar of bhakti
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2015 :  6:30:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Waste not this rage brewing within me. Harness it to its highest capability and prove to me that there is more than meets the eye. Guide me in the ways of mastery and stewardship, so that all may benefit from the evolution of Being. If desire is the seed of liberation, and not of bondage, let it be undeniably clear that such a dynamic is universally true across the scope of all creation.

Not all fantasies of the mind are pure or meant to manifest. There are many diversions from unity, and countless ways to indulge in trivial matters. Freedom allows living to be so. Distraction springs from the same source as sublime fulfillment.

Seemingly absolute, the play of cause and effect begins with infinite potential, becoming the essence of idea, acquiring energy, and finally crossing the envelope of formlessness to take form. The movement of time and space gains traction and momentum through its relationship with stillness, which is omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent.

What is of excruciating and agonizing pain is the perception that Supreme Beingness is me. What is of explosive, orgasmic joy is the realization that the Many are reflections of the One. What is of utmost calm is resting on the edge of change.

Effort becomes effortlessness. Salvage becomes masterpiece. Struggle becomes achievement.

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2015 :  11:10:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The rage within and the call to action are one ,what we do with it is freedom ,the war is continual and for me very real, the world presents many falsehoods mans world that is ,I love God but the ways of man are truly diversions ,from what I am not sure ,simplicity is key and a heart that knows peace knows the Lord more ,I am disappointed in my fellow human beings always and more in myself I rest on the edge of change but the goalposts keep moving I have traveled in spirit for many years always seeking now I have found something I realise the battle has only just begun ,no turning back but the way ahead seems just as hard ,maybe it's just me growing older or the yoga or both anyway nice post bodhi it's 3am here in England blessings to you
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2015 :  11:28:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kumar ul islam

...but the goalposts keep moving...

Goal!!!

Watch this...I promise you won't regret it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvnydzZXBEI
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2015 :  11:29:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am pacified by Enya. Not in a way that dulls my senses, but in a way that eases the raging fire. A little temperance of the flame.

Her exquisite voice, singing across layers and layers of finely produced tracks, carries purity, as well as something well beyond what is commonly seen or heard here. It is this pristine tone, cloaked in shrouds of mysticism, that gives me immeasurable amounts of hope and comfort.

Like some kind of elven queen, she pines away from her immaculate tower: a sanctuary of beauty and transcendence. And though she sings from a seemingly unreachable distance, there is a closeness and intimacy in the music. Like most divine beings, she is a paradox.

From her song Evening Falls (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRhyYwm1BcQ):

Even though I leave
Will I go on believing
That this time is real?
Am I lost in this feeling?
Like a child passing through
Never knowing the reason
I am home, I know the way
I am home, feeling oh so far away

On the note of bhakti and karma, I believe this music influences action and devotion in a positive way, so it is very relevant to the thread. Yes?
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2015 :  02:22:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It made me cry....
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2015 :  08:20:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Me too.
Go to Top of Page

dv2014

USA
93 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2015 :  6:29:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
beautiful music, thanks for sharing Bodhi
Go to Top of Page

Beehive

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2015 :  2:14:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I loved it too
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2015 :  12:22:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bhakti from Walt Whitman:

Who has gone farthest? for I would go farther,
And who has been just? for I would be the most just person of
the earth,
And who most cautious? for I would be more cautious,
And who has been happiest? O I think it is I—I think no one
was ever happier than I,
And who has lavish'd all? for I lavish constantly the best I have,
And who proudest? for I think I have reason to be the proudest
son alive—for I am the son of the brawny and tall-topt
city,
And who has been bold and true? for I would be the boldest and
truest being of the universe,
And who benevolent? for I would show more benevolence than
all the rest,
And who has receiv'd the love of the most friends? for I know
what it is to receive the passionate love of many friends,
And who possesses a perfect and enamour'd body? for I do not
believe any one possesses a more perfect or enamour'd
body than mine,
And who thinks the amplest thoughts? for I would surround those
thoughts,
And who has made hymns fit for the earth? for I am mad with de-
vouring ecstasy to make joyous hymns for the whole earth.

Thank you, Uncle Walt, for this ostentatious, unapologetic display of wonderful competitiveness. Those of warped mind and cold detachment will cringe at your words and fail to understand the depth of your meaning, but I read them crystal clear. You speak of the play of Self, who spirals towards excellence, exuberance, and exaltation (I've got plenty more words beginning with the letter "e" up my sleeve). You gush and explode with divine love--not castrating or nullifying the human character, but elevating it to its highest level. You exemplify the aesthetic of beauty, precisely because you make perfect use of the trail of horror that lags behind us.

What would you say of AYP, Uncle Walt? Do you approve? Do you find it so brilliantly engineered and quietly poetic, as the man behind the curtain sets the stage for a new scene of harmony and collaboration to unfold before the audience of our planet, solar system, galaxy, and beyond?

If only your pen were still alive, you could sketch with digital ink an engraving upon this forum of seekers and soul-searchers. To them, you might say that seeking and searching is the same as finding and revealing what is already within the cavernous quarry of our heart, and I would agree. I dare to presume that you would celebrate even the conflict, knowing full well its role in the comedic drama here before us.

Are they listening, Uncle Walt? Are they hearing the call?
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2015 :  03:40:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Be Still...........listen

For me Bhakti means total surrender to I
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2015 :  07:13:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes.
Go to Top of Page

siddhi

India
8 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2016 :  07:51:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
bhakti and karma yoga is very helpful to reduce the stress
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000