AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Rising body temperature
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

microcosm

102 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2015 :  04:05:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I had an experience (with psylocibin) during which my mind was crystal clear and for multiple hours I didn't move, just listen to the external and internal sounds. Meditation makes my mind respond differently to mind-altering substances. Instead of a "trip" I enter a subtle and refined states of mind. I can compare it to frog jumping over some stages of insight into higher ones and then coming back.

I felt intense heat in all of my body, esp. in the stomach area. Intuitively I knew for sure that heat is what I need at this point on my path.

I did some things to rise my metabolism and now, most of the time, my body temp. is 37.1 celsius. How do I rise it higher? When I overeat, I feel sleepy, but heat increases and I see colorful visions with my eyes closed. Heat is the way to go, but how do I get it?

Edited by - AYPforum on Aug 01 2015 06:59:07 AM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2015 :  06:59:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2015 :  08:24:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I used to take psychedelics, but moved beyond them when I discovered AYP. Here's my story:
http://ayprecovery.org/home/real-st...codys-story/

Taking psychedelics is like pressing the accelerator really fast. There is a grand rush, followed by a period of recovery and return to homeostasis. AYP promotes much more gradual progress, with a permanent transformation (no backslide). Whereas psychedelics will artificially induce a peak experience, AYP will naturally cultivate ecstatic bliss by purifying and opening the nervous system to its full potential.

Best of luck.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2015 :  08:33:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Microcosm, from the slew of recent posts it seems to me you are focussing too much on the minutiae, tinkering way too much under the hood, and taking every bit of scenery as a call for action. My advice is to surrender this impulse to tinker, to let the basic practice purify your system over time. You are pulling yourself this way and that; all this tinkering and "insight" is just going to confuse you and make you lost. Psilocybin may give you a glimpse of what is possible, but won't get you there on its own. You have to dedicate yourself to your sustained practice for true spiritual transformation.
Go to Top of Page

microcosm

102 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2015 :  11:07:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I understand your reasoning, but I'm still interested in hearing about how to speed up metabolism or rise body temperature.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2015 :  12:57:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm...speeding up metabolism and/or increasing the body temperature would definitely be beyond the baseline of AYP, and not recommended as primary goals of practice. Those symptoms may be minor effects of practice, but to pursue them energetically is outside the scope of our interests.

At best, I would advise some vigorous physical exercise and a deepening of your connection with nature. Then the heat will rise naturally, and warm your heart.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2015 :  1:20:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
P.S. If you are familiar with samyama, maybe releasing the sutra "heat" from stillness would be helpful.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2015 :  3:04:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My guess, Bodhi, is his practice is too "green" for samyama. In my opinion, Microcosm needs to cement the basic practice first.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2015 :  3:45:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
True. The witness needs to be firmly established first. But it's a good goal to put on the horizon.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000