Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Western thinkers with possibly awakened kundalini
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

radarsh17

Bahamas
13 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2015 :  01:21:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm not exactly sure if this is the right sub-form to post this. But anyway, I've been curious to know if there has ever been a study to find if certain western thinkers, spiritual or otherwise, have had their kundalini awakened. If not a study, then an interest in the subject at least

I for one, have likened many thinkers to an awakened kundalini gone awry. Nietzsche, for example. Most of his symbolism especially in 'Thus Spoke Zarathustra' comes across as an unmistakable symbolism for kundalini.

("This Zarathustra had spoken to his heart as the sun stood at midday: then he looked inquiringly at the heights - for he heard above him the sharp cry of a bird. And behold! An eagle was sweeping in wide circles through the air, and on him hung a serpent, not like prey but like a friend: for she kept herself coiled like a ring around his neck")

Some of St. Thomas Aquinas' writings too seem distinctly "eastern". And Meister Eckhart ofcourse, the medieval master's writings are nothing short of being upanishadic.

You guys have anyone else on your minds?

Edited by - radarsh17 on Jun 17 2015 01:22:03 AM

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2015 :  02:06:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure many Christians who don't know the words kechari, kriya, pranayama have stirred up God within themselves by a pure longing to be with God.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2015 :  02:33:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"I sing the body electric." --Walt Whitman
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2015 :  08:23:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by adishivayogi

I'm sure many Christians who don't know the words kechari, kriya, pranayama have stirred up God within themselves by a pure longing to be with God.

Quite literally Kundalini is everywhere and is far more prevelant in people than it is rare. What has been rare in history is people understanding what it is that is going on.
Go to Top of Page

radarsh17

Bahamas
13 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2015 :  10:27:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by So-Hi

Quite literally Kundalini is everywhere and is far more prevelant in people than it is rare. What has been rare in history is people understanding what it is that is going on.

Sure I get that. Don't mean to come across as a snob, but maybe I wasn't clear. What I meant was Western thinkers whose work and documented history show fairly obvious signs of an active Kundalini. Nietzsche's breakdown following the turnin horse incident that would go on to radically change his previously held views, for example.

Another obvious thinker who probably had his Kundalini moving would be Carl Jung. Especially during the years when he 'confronted his unconscious', in his own words.

The reason I made this post was because, 'Thus spoke Zarathustra', a book I tried multiple times to read but which mostly went over my head, totally makes sense to me now, after having gone through what I believe to be some intense Kundalini movement that lasted three months

It's not anything like a normal epiphany you have after reading a piece of insightful prose. It's as if Zarathustra is talking specifically to me, about very specific things I need to do/undo about myself. That was largely the reason why I made this post.

It made me curious that maybe the stuff people write when they are on a "Kundalini high", so to speak, somehow transcends the usual limitations of language and affects the relationship of words to things in a deeper, more real way if only the reader is sufficiently receptive to life in general.

Edited by - radarsh17 on Jun 17 2015 12:17:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

radarsh17

Bahamas
13 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2015 :  10:51:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

"I sing the body electric." --Walt Whitman

Ah, Whitman is among the few American poets I actually enjoy. The man is nature's true child, a manifestation of earth mother goddess herself!

Edited by - radarsh17 on Jun 17 2015 11:20:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2015 :  1:54:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh no worries radarsh17 was not considering it in that light. The reply was in repy to adishivayogi.

My error should have included his quote for clarity.

quote:
'm sure many Christians who don't know the words kechari, kriya, pranayama have stirred up God within themselves by a pure longing to be with God.

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2015 :  11:01:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
On your way to stillness in action, you can read the same scriptures or illuminating poems every year. Every time you read them, you will read them on a deeper level, they will reveal deeper insights to you. Interesting to do, I do that with Patanjali, over and over.
The same will happen if you are a writer, your writings will be deeper, more revealing.
If I speak for myself, my whole perspective on life is different than 10 years ago.
If you know where to look, you can find the symbols and writings in every tradition Eastern and Western.
I was in a monastery last year for a silence retreat, there was a library full of Christian Mystic literature.
I opened some of the books (not allowed) and it was dripping of symbolism of kundalini.
Also in Egypt in the pyramids you can find the symbols of kundalini.
Very interesting in my opinion
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2015 :  1:40:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by radarsh17

Ah, Whitman is among the few American poets I actually enjoy. The man is nature's true child, a manifestation of earth mother goddess herself!

Amen.
Go to Top of Page

microcosm

102 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2015 :  07:47:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
IMO Herman Hesse was enlightened. Check out 'Siddartha' to see what I mean.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  4:02:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i have put the book siddartha on the ipod will listen to it this week thankyou microcosm
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000