AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Male sterilization
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2006 :  05:15:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Do you know what effect male sterilization would have on the energy loss due to ejaculation?

What is actually draining the energy - is it the reflex itself, the loss of sperms or the other stuff that comes out? When you are sterilized the sperms still stay in the body and are absorbed, but the other fluids from the prostata etc is coming out as usual. Would it change the energy flow at all?

I know a guy who has a special anatomical defect, which makes him ejaculate, but the fluids are not transported through the penis and out, it is all transported back into the body and re-absorbed somehow. What is happening with his energies?

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2006 :  10:25:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello EMC,

I suppose you mean 'vasectomy' by 'male sterlization?'. If so, this very question has been asked before (and an answer attempted by a number of us) so you can look at these links:

http://aypsite.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=354

http://aypsite.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=785

Cheersm
-D
Go to Top of Page

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2006 :  5:29:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari Om
~~~~~~~
I have very little to add and lots to learn here, so I am the novice.. but that said, the finest essence that is produced by man in the body is *sukrya ( or semen) – the essence of all food stuffs convert into this fluid. Now, how that is mixed in the spiritual part of ones being I have only read about, and leave it to those Tantric’s at AYP for an education.

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2006 :  06:12:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oki, thanks a lot. I searched the forum for "sterilization" but did not know the term vasectomy.

In one of the threads Victor writes "The drain when I do ejaculate is the same though."

So it seems as if it has nothing to do with the sperms. I'd guess it is the reflex going off that drains the energy...

The good thing with vasectomy is that it can be reversed. 97% are perfectly okey and fertile again if the reverse operation is made within 3 years. After tree years it gets a little harder, but it is a relief to know it is possible should you regret it.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2006 :  1:03:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had a vasectomy back in february and have noticed very little change in my energetic response.In my case I also noticed somewhat less physical sexual tension which I am not sure if is good or bad, I guess its just different. I could also notice no change in semen quantity nor any noticeable change in its appearance or smell etc. As for it being reversable. While this is true it is a much more expensive procedure and not covered my insurance in this country. In my case I considered the choice to be permenant. While I don't regret doing it I would neither highly encourage nor discourage someone else from having it done though it certainly allows sex to be more spontaneous and with much less worry though with new partners you have to still be concerned about diseases so its best for people who are in monogomous relationships who have already had all the children that they want.
The operation itself is not very painful and is certainly minor surgery that is quick and easy for the doctor to perform and is done under a local anesthetic.

Edited by - Victor on Sep 03 2006 1:05:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2006 :  2:27:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shortly after the birth of our 4th child in 1998 I had a vasectomy.
Until now I do not regret it (well, 4 children is enough )

As for the energy situation after an ejaculation, I can not
tell much: I didn't practise yoga at that time, so it's hard
for me to compare. My meditation and yoga exercises anyway
are causing a lot of change in me, so it's hard to tell
what role the vasecotmy is playing.
My desire for having sex is strong as ever, so the vasectomy
definitely hasn't influenced my sex drive.
The big advantage for me is, not having to worry about
making my wife pregnant.
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2006 :  03:54:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hello & Namaskara All,

I had a vasectomy in 1998 (well before starting any yogic practices).

As far as I can tell (based on personal experience, and what I've heard / read from other male practitioners who have had vasectomies) - is that vasectomy is "energetically neutral", as far as yoga is concerned.

I notice a bit of an energy drain when I ejaculate, and a major gain in energy, when I don't (which is currently a period of 4 to 8 weeks "in-between" - and the reason I mention that, is: it took me until I got to at least 4 week intervals before I could really, tangibly tell the difference [between a month with 2 or more ejaculations, and a month with zero].)

Obviously, I have nothing to compare this to (since I started yogic / Tantric practice after having the vasectomy) - but in general, the energetic difference (related to this topic), seems to be purely "ejaculation or not" rather than "vasectomy or not".

As with all energy, there is a lot that comprises both the physical and the more subtle aspects of it, and actions related to it. In this case (male orgasm and ejaculation), there are the physical nerve signals, and related glandular and muscular actions, contractions and reactions, the biochemical make-up of the semen (including the sperm), and the more subtle / etheric / spiritual energies (examples: chakras, energetic pathways - ida, pingala, sushumna, etc.), that are part of all that, as well.

In the "grand scheme" of all that (and specifically, retaining that energy and applying it to yogic evolution), the "potency" of the sperm seems to be a very minor part of the equation -- though please note that I'm basing this opinion on my own experience (with nothing to compare it to), and the opinions of a small group of other men, whose opinions I've heard or read on the matter.

Peace & Namaste,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000