Shared Left Border

 

 

 

Help Yourself
And Others



Notices

What's New on
AYP Plus?

AYP Retreats
Worldwide Listing


AYP Teacher Training

Local Contacts
Meditation Groups,
Training & Retreats


Key L
essons

Start Lessons Here

Desire - Bhakti

Deep Meditation

Self-Pacing

Spinal Breathing
Pranayama

Chakras

Mulabandha

Sambhavi Mudra

Asanas - Postures

Siddhasana

Yoni Mudra
Kumbhaka

Uddiyana - Nauli

Navi Kriya

Kechari Mudra

Chin Pump
Jalandhara

Eight Limbs of Yoga

Samyama & Siddhi

Spinal Bastrika
Pranayama

Heart Breathing

Yoga Nidra
Cosmic Samyama

Mantra Enhancements

Solar Centering

Tantra

Brahmacharya

Vajroli Mudra

Whole Body Mudra

Yogic Diet

Fasting

Addictions

Hallucinogens

Shatkarmas

Amaroli

Nectar Cycle

Kundalini
Assistance

Sensitivity Issues

Spirits & Entities

Shaktipat

Self-Inquiry
Jnana - Advaita

End of Suffering

Karma Yoga

Dare to Dream

Evolution of Action

Prayer & Healing

Yoga for Children

Ayurveda

Summary of Practices

Time Management

Modifications to
Baseline System

Teaching

Retreats

Enlightenment
Milestones

Freedom


More Resources

AYP Plus

Public Forum

Plus Forum

AYP Survey

audioicon1.jpg (812 bytes)
AYP on Radio & TV

Yoga FAQ

Sanskrit Glossary

AYP Books & Audio

Downloads

AYP Books Flyer

Extended Booklist

International
Translations

Press Releases

Articles & Media

Promotional
Materials

Website Traffic

Links

AYP-Related Websites

Social Networks

Volunteer

Donate

AYP Public Forum
AYP Public Forum
AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Pain in the tailbone during and after meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

surtijayant

India
4 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2014 :  04:49:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hi all

I m doing regular meditation. I m doing spinal breathing(though i m still struggling to imagine the breathing ).After that i do meditation with soham mantra repeating. Recently i m struggling in meditation. there is intense pain in the tailbone during and after meditation for long time. can u provide any guidence ? as pajn get intense and i m unable to do meditation for long ? if i stop meditation then pain stops after 1-2 day of stopping meditation.. any guidence or help please i want to do my meditation regularly but cant continue regularly.

maheswari

Lebanon
2394 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2014 :  05:00:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello and welcome to the forums :-)
the best thing is to reduce your meditation time till you feel comfortable
:-)
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1595 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2014 :  10:48:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Surtijayant

If you have time to read through the AYP lessons (click on "Start Lessons Here" on the left) you will find a lot of advice about self-pacing.
It seems some tension is being released during your practice, causing the pain in the tailbone. As Maheswari says, reducing the length of your daily sessions is the thing to do. You need to work out a daily (preferably twice daily routine) that does not lead to discomfort. That way a smaller amount of the tension is being release on a sustainable basis. In time you will probably be able to gradually lengthen the sessions.

Smooth practice and steady progress
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4850 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2014 :  10:32:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by surtijayant

hi all

I m doing regular meditation. I m doing spinal breathing(though i m still struggling to imagine the breathing ).After that i do meditation with soham mantra repeating. Recently i m struggling in meditation. there is intense pain in the tailbone during and after meditation for long time. can u provide any guidence ? as pajn get intense and i m unable to do meditation for long ? if i stop meditation then pain stops after 1-2 day of stopping meditation.. any guidence or help please i want to do my meditation regularly but cant continue regularly.




Do you sit comfortably? On something soft? Do you sit in siddhasana/cross legged???

Sit on a soft surface (but not too soft) with back support and legs placed comfortably (a chair/couch may help). Also, when you become aware of the pain, stop whatever practice you are doing and place your attention on that area and be with it and try to relax it.. spend the rest of your practice time and rest time consciously relaxing this area. If it gets too severe... then back off practices for a bit.

Hope this passes soon.
Go to Top of Page

surtijayant

India
4 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2014 :  04:19:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

hello and welcome to the forums :-)
the best thing is to reduce your meditation time till you feel comfortable
:-)



Hi....
This is what I am doing. I am doing self pacing my practice but i am missing my long sessions..
Go to Top of Page

surtijayant

India
4 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2014 :  04:22:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

Welcome Surtijayant

If you have time to read through the AYP lessons (click on "Start Lessons Here" on the left) you will find a lot of advice about self-pacing.
It seems some tension is being released during your practice, causing the pain in the tailbone. As Maheswari says, reducing the length of your daily sessions is the thing to do. You need to work out a daily (preferably twice daily routine) that does not lead to discomfort. That way a smaller amount of the tension is being release on a sustainable basis. In time you will probably be able to gradually lengthen the sessions.

Smooth practice and steady progress



Thanks .... I am doing self pacing and hoping that pain will eventually gone after some time... Yes I gone through the chapters of AYP lessons..still many i haven't gone through but will surly go through all of lessons.
Go to Top of Page

surtijayant

India
4 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2014 :  04:25:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

quote:
Originally posted by surtijayant

hi all

I m doing regular meditation. I m doing spinal breathing(though i m still struggling to imagine the breathing ).After that i do meditation with soham mantra repeating. Recently i m struggling in meditation. there is intense pain in the tailbone during and after meditation for long time. can u provide any guidence ? as pajn get intense and i m unable to do meditation for long ? if i stop meditation then pain stops after 1-2 day of stopping meditation.. any guidence or help please i want to do my meditation regularly but cant continue regularly.




Do you sit comfortably? On something soft? Do you sit in siddhasana/cross legged???

Sit on a soft surface (but not too soft) with back support and legs placed comfortably (a chair/couch may help). Also, when you become aware of the pain, stop whatever practice you are doing and place your attention on that area and be with it and try to relax it.. spend the rest of your practice time and rest time consciously relaxing this area. If it gets too severe... then back off practices for a bit.
Hope this passes soon.


Yes I m sitting comfortably. i m sitting semi lotus pose. I am doing meditation from last 1 year but recently this pain in tailbone have started.

thanks for the suggestion.
Go to Top of Page

BobbyM

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2020 :  4:48:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Did you find a solution? I'm having the same issue - I would call it pain under the tailbone. I'm in a similar situation - been meditating seriously about a year; the pain just started a few weeks ago. I've reduced meditation to 20 minutes per day the last week or two with no reduction in symptoms.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2394 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2020 :  04:20:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello BobbyM
The thread is from 2014
The advices given are sufficient
It seems you need to cut down more ...and it can take more than a couple of weeks for the energy to calm down
do you practice ayp?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.88 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

 

 

 

Join the Mail List:
News and Events
Near You


AYP PLUS PREVIEW


Direct Downloads

eBooks - PDF, EPUB
and MOBI-KINDLE

FREE eBooks with
MP3 AudioBooks

SAVE  with Bundled
Multi-Title Downloads


Preview
AYP Books

(PDF Books Flyer)

Easy Lessons

Advanced Yoga Practices Book



Spiritual
Adventure Novel

The Secrets of Wilder Novel


Enlightenment Series

Deep Meditation Book


Spinal Breathing Pranayama Book


Tantra Book


Asanas, Mudras & Bandhas Book


Samyama Book


Diet, Shatkarmas and Amaroli Book


Self-Inquiry Book


Bhakti and Karma Yoga Book


Eight Limbs of Yoga Book


Eight Limbs of Yoga Book



Questions & Answers

 

 

Public Home | Plus Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | Topic Paths | Interviews | Videos | Site Search | Links Section | Testimonials | AYP Survey | Books | Downloads | Contact