AYP Helpers
 Suggestion Box - New member rights
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GregM

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  11:53:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit GregM's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I came across a thread earlier on yoga mats that appeared to contain links to advertise this or that brand. In each case, the post count for these advertisers was no more than 1. I don't know how pervasive a problem this sort of thing is on this site, but I'd like to suggest that perhaps a minimum post count be required before links are allowed. That is, of course, if the forum software used here at AYP allows for that.

Regards,

Greg

P.S. Apologies if this is posted in the wrong section. I couldn't find one specifically pertaining to administration.

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  12:47:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi GregM:

We have a policy that a one-time link can be provided to yoga and spiritually related products, teachings and services. Admittedly yoga mats (and clothing) are not much in that realm, and we no longer approve first time ads for those. So you are not likely to see any new ones along those lines.

Regarding limiting the posting of links until after so many posts, that would be too restrictive, because people often come to the forums with important and relevant information to share via a link. We require a description (at least a sentence or two) to be provided with any links posted, so readers can make a judgment on whether to click on it or not.

For more on the posting guidelines, see here.

We do have a restriction on new members using the forum private email service until they have participated in meaningful discussion here for a while. This prevents spammers from coming and using the email service. As far as we know, this works quite well.

Thanks!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000