Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 Long term water only fasting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iamseeker

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  7:18:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit iamseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'd like to connect to others in this group who did/do or intend to do long term fasting. Fasting in the group creates stronger psychological effect.
From time to time, over last 26 years I fast for 5+ days. Last summer fasting was 10 days and I have urgency to do it again now.
I am only interested in water only multi-days fast as for me it has being always a magic wand effect with so many transformations that those who never experienced it may not believe me and in the end it helps with meditation.
If somebody has being doing this before I'd love to learn about your experiences. If somebody just wants to start I can give advice. ANd I'd like some to join me...
Sincerely
Vlad

iamseeker

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  7:49:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit iamseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think I have to clarify about this type of fasting:
it is quite different from juice only or skip-a-meal or one day water only fast.
It's main effect starts showing up only if the fast takes 3+ days. Anything less will not do. If you tried one-day-only, I'd encourage to try at least 3 days now. My dramatic inner changes came first time I did 5 days... now cannot accept anything less than those affects... I hope there is somebody in this group who knows what I am talking about. Seeking partners
Sincerely
Vlad
Go to Top of Page

tlg

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2013 :  11:29:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Vlad,

I do longer sometimes up to 10 days. I usually start with a couple of days of juice and then switch over to water. right now I am at an elevaion in the mountains and it is real cold so I am not doing it but I know the power of it all and it is wonderful. I met a great guy who's name is Dr Bass he is 94 and has done over 1,000 fasts. He is so clear at 94. Amazing. It is not for everyone but carefully added to your routine in a proper way it can be a help. namaste. tlg
Go to Top of Page

Indigo

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2013 :  7:08:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Vlad,

I am in on this long term water only fast. Will begin tomorrow 12/24. Plan is 7 days.

Peace
Indigo
Go to Top of Page

iamseeker

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2013 :  12:34:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit iamseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tlg, besides learning from people who taught me in the past, I also learned from the book of Dr. Shelton "Fasting can save your life". Dr. Bass met with him...
I am planning 10 days again. Will start Wed. 12/25
Thank you Indigo for joining! We'll be stronger!
Sincerely
Vlad
Go to Top of Page

tlg

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2013 :  09:44:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
vlad,

I sometimes do amoroli for a few days as part of the fast. I do not know if u are comfortable with that but if so try a day at the end. Otherwise if u are not familiar and comfortable with it then best NOT to try as part of a long fast you'll have enough purification going on.
TLG
Go to Top of Page

iamseeker

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2014 :  7:25:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit iamseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't do amoroli. Not planning to. Today is my 7th day... will continue until 10 days. If I feel no accomplishment, I'll go for more... Cold season now but having more cloths I still do a bit of hiking... Yesterday (6th day) during the hike got thirsty, drank water from the creek - amazing taste of the creek water!
Yoga is getting harder with each day, but on another hand, it is faster to get deeper relaxation... Most importantly mind is getting clearer (that's mine main purpose)... already lost 13 lbs but muscles are intact...
Thoughts from outside of me start coming...
We must do research on ourselves to find out who we are!
Shanti
Vlad
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000