New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2016 :  10:01:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Everything you describe is all scenery. Been through it all.Like Yogani says best to let it go in Samyama.

There is no need to do anything to anyone. Everything is happening with divine plan.Everything and Everyone is Divine. Everyone and Everything is special.Everyone and Everything is That.

The only thing that matters is how we are with the fellow beings.

It's not the light body that's amazing. It's us being able to wake up every morning and everything around us that's amazing. From this body to the table in the room.

If you knew me you would know I am not about scenery but about helping improve people's lives. I help open people's hearts and feel like Eckhart described.

You say there is no need to do anything to anyone. Do you have problems with Krishna or Jesus or Lahiri or any other guru?

Were they all wrong for helping people progress along the path? Is it only okay if we read it in a book? Was Ramana or Neem Karoli Baba wrong for helping people?

Is it wrong to help people open their hearts so they have a life filled liked Eckhart and in much simpler terms as I have on this first page described?

Is it wrong to help people who have had kundalini issues for decades get past it, heal them and advance them along so that they are able to help others with the same issues?

I have a person who I reached out to. He had bad kundalini issues and social anxiety to the point that joining me in a chat room with others was way to much for him. Now just working mind to mind he is light and is starting to teach and work with others.

He is one of the bravest people I have ever met and he inspires me to continue to help others like him.

You can call it scenery and find reasons why it is bad to help others when you can.

I will just have to disagree.

Because, I can help them improve the quality of their lives if they are ready for it. Maybe that is a part of everyone's Divine plan. It never will be if you think helping others is wrong.

I find that so disturbing in a spirituality. How It is okay to help others in a forum but anything more is wrong. Think about that one when you let go to your chosen ishta and hope they don't feel the same.

P.s. Scenery doesn't improve people's lives which is why I don't encourage astral travel and the like. I see way to many people deluded by what they see and there lives never improving.

All the best to you.

Edited by - jonesboy on Jan 10 2016 10:14:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2016 :  10:54:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Charliedog~
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2016 :  10:59:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
you knew me you would know I am not about scenery but about helping improve people's lives. I help open people's hearts and feel like Eckhart described.

You say there is no need to do anything to anyone. Do you have problems with Krishna or Jesus or Lahiri or any other guru?

Were they all wrong for helping people progress along the path? Is it only okay if we read it in a book? Was Ramana or Neem Karoli Baba wrong for helping people?

Is it wrong to help people open their hearts so they have a life filled liked Eckhart and in much simpler terms as I have on this first page described?

Is it wrong to help people who have had kundalini issues for decades get past it, heal them and advance them along so that they are able to help others with the same issues?

I have a person who I reached out to. He had bad kundalini issues and social anxiety to the point that joining me in a chat room with others was way to much for him. Now just working mind to mind he is light and is starting to teach and work with others.

He is one of the bravest people I have ever met and he inspires me to continue to help others like him.

You can call it scenery and find reasons why it is bad to help others when you can.

I will just have to disagree.

Because, I can help them improve the quality of their lives if they are ready for it. Maybe that is a part of everyone's Divine plan. It never will be if you think helping others is wrong.

I find that so disturbing in a spirituality. How It is okay to help others in a forum but anything more is wrong. Think about that one when you let go to your chosen ishta and hope they don't feel the same.

P.s. Scenery doesn't improve people's lives which is why I don't encourage astral travel and the like. I see way to many people deluded by what they see and there lives never improving.

All the best to you.

Hi Tom,

You are right, I don’t know you. The masters you mention are my Ishtas as well. They were not wrong in helping the people. They knew they were not doing the healing but it was happening through them.

I have no doubts you are healing people and taking them to all the different levels. I’m just saying don’t let the mind grasp it. Your role is probably to be a healer. Let the healing happen, don’t be the one doing the healing.

Spiritual practices are to see through the illusion not create additional identities. AYP is what spiritual practices is about. Sharing techniques with people and letting the “Guru In You” guide you. All the great masters did the same.

Yogani has done such a great job of putting this out here with all his lessons. No dependency on anyone but the “Guru in You”. The divine is the biggest prankster.

Thank You and Good Luck to you as well.

Sunyata

Edited by - sunyata on Jan 10 2016 11:04:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2016 :  11:37:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I will just say it is a projection to assume I am grasping at anything.

It is always the light that does the work, always.

I will just remind you that it was you saying everything I said at first was just scenery and not real then it is me grasping.

I only mentioned light because it was talked about as not real and just ego.

Just remember, if all you ever do is listen to the Guru inside of you. Well there is a whole section of kundalini issues from people who listened .

I can show you another site full of people who are unicorns or twin flames or a whole bunch of things that believe in doing what feels right and only listen to the guru within.

Good luck and all the best to you and yours,

Tom
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2016 :  11:54:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
. With increasing clarity, the "Guru in You" is here and now. That's why they say stay grounded.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2016 :  12:10:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the compassion concerning the loss of loved ones.

Having that experience is priceless and it is a good wish for all many thanks.

What has it been like for you opening all 7 chakras?

What was your path I know you mention practicing AYP but at some point you have taken up a guru named Liz from an earlier post I read. Lets hear some more about that.

Anything that leads to a better existence is worth reading about please do share.

Furthermore perhaps using your own words rather than saying go read this or that you could explain more of what developing a light body is.

I admit from my perspective it all seems like ego and mind unwilling to be anything but eternal rather than ever developing.

Petitioning all to withhold preconceived ideas, beliefs and cherished formulas of how things are and lets hear this person out he keeps trying and keeps getting shot down so lets not argue lets discuss instead.

Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by jonesboy

Hi So-Hi,

The light body is not ego. It is part of the path that one can experience once all of the 7 chakras are opened. It is not a need or a part of the ego but just part of the path. I can assure you that even after you achieve the light body there is still more, much more.

Love and compassion has been mentioned. Do you know why it is practiced? It is the Buddhist means of opening the heart chakra. When that is opened well here is a good description:

I woke up in a state of incredible inner peace, bliss in fact. With my eyes still closed, I heard the sound of a bird and realized how precious that was. And then I opened my eyes and saw the sunlight coming through the curtains and felt: There is far more to that than we realize. It felt like love coming through the curtains. And then as I walked around the old familiar objects in the room I realized I had never really seen them before. It was as if I had just been born into this world; a state of wonder. And then I went for a walk in the city. I was still in London. Everything was miraculous, deeply peaceful. Even the traffic. [Chuckle]
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=14834

So when I ask are you happy I am truly wishing for everyone to say yes and to have a story like Eckhart Tolle.

I and my wife have lost family lately. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

All the best,

Tom

Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2016 :  5:55:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi So-Hi,

Thank you for you comments.

First let me say that Liz is not my guru. Liz is just a friend, a fellow student you could say. She was brave enough to come out in public and have it announced that yes, she can really help people.

I just did a really bad job of saying how.

Here is me talking about it here just a little:

quote:
My experience has been one of going light. Feeling the flows of energy flowing through my body. Happier and able to let go of things.

Next I started to feel the ecstatic waves of energy when working with others fill my body. A little bit at first grasping at the sensation, trying/wanting more. The lesson of course was learning to let go.

Around this time is also when I noticed siddhas. The ability to shaktipat or to do group dives. I also was able to feel the emotional hurt of others that I was close to within my heart. The creation of a PU and having dreams of learning and receiving/sending light to others.

Over time with the flows of energy I started to notice that if I tried to reside in them I noticed emptiness and oneness. It wasn't just an emptiness of my thoughts it was an emptiness of my body of all things. It really hit home when I started to have an argument and I could feel the emotions as wind flowing through me. It was empty except for what I attached to.

Next came the ability to feel ecstatic waves when I wasn't working with others. Just noticing the flows started to send more and more ecstatic pleasure through my body. The female side was developing more. I was no longer grasping at the feeling. Well, not as much anyways

As the waves of pleasure increased so did the silence of my meditation sits. I started to experience the Clear Light (Rigpa), waves of pleasure during my sits and brief experiences of Samadhi.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....bie,progress

I know I have mentioned siddhis many times and like money or fame, siddhis is not an indicator of the quality of one's life.

Are you familiar with the term Rigpa? In Dzogchen which is considered the pinnacle of buddhism rigpa is what they all desire. It is called our Natural State.

Here I am explaining my experience with Rigpa to people who have practiced Dzogchen for decades and because i can't help it I am going to throw in a little Daoism to show they all talk about the same thing.

From the Tao Te Ching

CHAPTER 4
The Dao is forever like an unfathomable empty space. If used, it can never be used up.
It is the source of the Ten Thousand Things.
Look with your heart, see its form in the glare,
be at one with the dust of the Earth, simplify your nature.
For it is ever present, hidden in the depths of the myriad things.
I don't know from whence it came, but it is great.

http://thedaobums.com/topic/40023-d...ally/page-28

Hi Ti,

I think you missed what I was saying. Here it is again.

quote:
Jonesboy, on 06 Jan 2016 - 16:26, said:
You are right Wilfred. I was not being clear with my no thought posts.

Rigpa is not getting lost in them, not attaching to them as they flow through as one is thinking.

For example one will have a thought during a conversation, Rigpa is not thinking about what to say or getting lost in the daydream of trying to relate to someone's experience.

When one is not having a conversation one can just reside without thoughts, in the flow of that which is.

Forgive me for no making that clearer in my previous statements.
Next I said:

quote:
If you are in a state of observing ones thoughts there is still a subject and an object and you are not in the Natural State.

Rigpa is when the observing/thoughts go away and it is just the flow. The ground the base which it all flows from.

From my earlier post:

quote:
Found this description in The Twenty-one Little Nails, the root text from the Zhang-Zhung Nya-Gyud, pointing to the difference between Rigpa and the "nature of mind", rather than "noticing mind"...

As for recognizing the Nature of Mind as distinct from mind, (there are four considerations regarding the Nature of Mind:)

1) it is without thoughts,

2) it becomes the basis of everything,

3) it is a neutral state (displaying neither virtue nor vice), and

4) everything possible originates from it and this is unceasing.

If you are observing thoughts you are "noticing mind" and not in the Natural State.

I have also mentioned emptiness of mind and how one moves beyond "noticing mind"

quote:
Jonesboy, on 02 Jan 2016 - 11:33, said:

Eventually one moves beyond observing. Silence fills ones mind, the energy/thoughts flow through without grasping but they are you, as in the flow. It is a being not an observing. Eventually you are the clouds and the sky and the birds as them, not observing them.

Emptiness with reference to thoughts is that all thoughts are energy. All things are energy and like clouds they seem to have form but in truth they are empty. The more we grasp, believe in our thoughts/ give them form the more suffering we experience. So emptiness of thoughts is realizing that thoughts are just energy, empty expect for what we grasp at.

As one progresses one is able to experience all things as oneness and the emptiness nature of things.

Aka void=form and form=void.

It is a state of being not observing.

quote:
Jonesboy, on 02 Jan 2016 - 12:47, said:

Rigpa and Mind

In Dzogchen, a fundamental point of practice is to distinguish rigpa from sems (citta, (grasping) mind). According to the 14th Dalai Lama, "sems is the mind which is temporarily obscured and distorted by thoughts based upon the dualistic perceptions of subject and object."[9] Rigpa is pure awareness free from such distortions.[9] Cittata, the nature of mind, is the inseparable unity of awareness and emptiness, or clarity and emptiness, which is the basis for all the ordinary perceptions, thoughts and emotions of the ordinary mind.[web 1]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rigpa

quote:
Homage to the Guru, the teacher.

The View and Meditation of Dzogchen can be explained in many, many ways, but simply sustaining the essence of present awareness includes them all.
Your mind won’t be found elsewhere.
It is the very nature of this moment-to-moment thinking.
Regard nakedly the essence of this thinking and you find present awareness, right where you are.

Why chase after thoughts, which are superficial ripples of present awareness?
Rather look directly into the naked, empty nature of thoughts; then there is no duality, no observer, and nothing observed.
Simply rest in this transparent, nondual present awareness.

Make yourself at home in the natural state of pure presence, just being, not doing anything in particular.
Present awareness is empty, open, and luminous; not a concrete substance, yet not nothing.
Empty, yet it is perfectly cognizant, lucid, aware.
As if magically, not by causing it to be aware, but innately aware, awareness continuously functions.
These two sides of present awareness or Rigpa — its emptiness and its cognizance (lucidity) — are inseparable.
Emptiness and luminosity (knowing) are inseparable.
They are formless, as if nothing whatsoever, ungraspable, unborn, undying; yet spacious, vivid, buoyant.

Jamgön Kongtrül Lodrö Thayé (1813–1899), the first Jamgon Rinpoche, was a founder of the Rimé movement of Tibetan Buddhism and author of more than one hundred books.

http://freddieyam.co...n-kongtrul.html

quote:
All I have been trying to say is that if you are observing ones thoughts, that is mindfulness, not Buddha mind, non-dual awareness aka Rigpa.

Yes one can still work with visions, yes one will still think. Yet when one is for a better word residing in Ripga within oneself there is no subject and object of yourself.

That is what it means to reside in the flows, not observing ones thoughts and watching them float on by but to be one with the flow, the energy that makes up everything "non-dual awareness".

Opening all of my charkas has allowed me to experience a silent mind, oneness and emptiness. To move beyond the Witness and experience the true nature of all things. So when I mentioned one is able to feel the flows of energy through them 24/7 it is no small thing. Eventually you become the flows like the Tao Te Ching describes. When that happens one realizes one's Natural State.

This may not be the best explanation for you but it is a way of explaining that is coming to me at the moment without me saying a whole bunch of I and me.

All the best,

Tom

P.S. To help with the above quotes, the people involved did not believe that one can have a mind with no thoughts and felt that observing thoughts was the Natural State.

Edited by - jonesboy on Jan 10 2016 6:05:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

th1996

Germany
23 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2023 :  11:39:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No, I am not even after 7 years of practises.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2023 :  1:50:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by th1996

No, I am not even after 7 years of practises.

While there is no formula for happiness, living a meaningful life is of the essence. Shantideva says that:

All happiness in the world
Comes from wishing others' happiness.
All misery in the world
Comes from wishing our own happiness.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000