Are you happy?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2015 :  5:08:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Aum Namah Shivaya
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2015 :  12:53:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Jonesboy

You seem to have been blessed with a smooth journey. It's not always like that for everyone.
I for one have had some blockages to sort out and there were times when bliss mingled with pain. And I cherish every bit of it.

All the best to you and to everyone on the path, whether sailing smoothly or going trough choppy waters.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2015 :  5:27:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

Hello Jonesboy

You seem to have been blessed with a smooth journey. It's not always like that for everyone.
I for one have had some blockages to sort out and there were times when bliss mingled with pain. And I cherish every bit of it.

All the best to you and to everyone on the path, whether sailing smoothly or going trough choppy waters.

Hi BlueRaincoat,

I hope your day's are better now. I hope that is what drove you onward. The gradual improvement in the quality of your life.

The threads are often about technique and problems. It is always good to step back and notice how the day's may be a little less tense, not as hard or being filled with happiness.

All the best,

Tom
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2015 :  10:54:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Amen Mr Jones
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  11:15:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's been almost a year since I last asked this.

Are you happy?

Do you feel the joy radiating from an open heart?

I pray that we all do.

Happy New Years and much love
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2016 :  07:08:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy New Year to All, happy or not happy at the moment.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2016 :  07:16:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to AYP my cup runneth over with potential Cheers to you, Mr Jones
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2016 :  1:33:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy Newyear to you and everyone!.

Yes,Peace is here all the time- Happiness comes and goes.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2016 :  2:57:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
my lord hides himself and my lord wonderfully reveals himself
my lord has encompassed me with hardness and the lord has caste down my limitations
my lord brings to me words of sorrow and words of joy and he himself heals their strife
i will offer my body and mind to my lord i will give up my life but i will never forget my lord

kabir
Go to Top of Page

orthodon

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2016 :  12:31:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by KellyN

Thank you all for sharing your profound experiences. Although I can not say I have had the experience of ecstatic bliss (as described in several of the posts here), i can say that I have changed, grown, evolved significantly in the year + I started the practice of meditation with AYP. I feel strong and centered for the most part. I am open to seeing the beauty in each moment and appreciating the moment for what it is. Pre-meditation, I would never have thought of walking away from my career. Even several of my colleagues questioned my rationale for leaving. They were supportive of my decision to resign to be a stay at home mom, lol...but they sure did not understand it! I left a leadership position in a hospital that had nurtured my career and professional development. I walked away because I asked for light and the light then began to strip away all that did not serve me any longer. Same thing happened with relationships. I walked away from relationships that no longer served my purpose of spiritual evolution, if that is what this is. Truthfully, i am not sure what it is that I am experiencing and yet, it does not matter that I can't categorize it. When in deep meditation, I feel silent. The silence is what I yearn for each day and each night. Funny, It used to irritate me when one of my kids interrupted my sits, but now i just smile. It is what it is. It makes me grateful that sometimes they are engrossed in some activity and I have the opportunity to do a full practice with samyama and cosmic samyama to boot! But that is often not the case and I happily take what I can get . I am happy, fulfilled, joyful, and centered...but in some respects, I think I always have been and just didn't notice. I have almost always taken the high road and found the silver lining in most situations. I don't get annoyed or irritated by everyday events as I did before, that is noticeable difference. Also, I feel more compassion for others, even when their behavior is less than admirable. I hope I haven't strayed off topic, I sometimes do that .
Much love to you all,
K

Very eloquent response KellyN!
If I was eloquent your post would have been the response I would have given also. I have been meditating for over 12 years now( ~ 6 months in AYP) and have never had any "experiences" . No sounds, lights or Bliss experiences. But the very , very slow build up inner peace is what I would like to attribute to meditation and your post has helped me to appreciate that. Thank You.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2016 :  2:54:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is more important than any scenery.

As Yogani say's, we do this to improve the quality of our lives. Very happy to see it happening in yours.

All the best,

Tom
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2016 :  04:43:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've had a tough 2015, I lost my Dad, I lost my best friend (An AYPer of many years btw.). Nothing has gone according to plan. Where life used to flow, filled with little daily miracles and I was filled with complete faith in my "favoured child" status with many, many blessings; the cosmic wheel turned and life became filled with challenges. I lost faith that the odds will always fall in my favour, but not my center. In a way, this brought me to a phase of surrender and acceptance. Am I happy?

Yes.

Sey

Edited by - SeySorciere on Jan 08 2016 04:49:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2016 :  06:41:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thankyou sey this resonates in my life
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2016 :  08:35:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I've had a tough 2015, I lost my Dad, I lost my best friend (An AYPer of many years btw.). Nothing has gone according to plan. Where life used to flow, filled with little daily miracles and I was filled with complete faith in my "favoured child" status with many, many blessings; the cosmic wheel turned and life became filled with challenges. I lost faith that the odds will always fall in my favour, but not my center. In a way, this brought me to a phase of surrender and acceptance. Am I happy?

Yes.

Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2016 :  12:14:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sey, I know this does not make loved ones leaving us any easier but let me share this with you.

Just to let you know within the last few years like yourself I have entered the stage of life you know the stage middle age and late middle age in this mortal incarnation where the laws of life are in the process of taking away.

When we are young and on the upward swing to animal adulthood nature is very forgiving of trespass a fall as a young person results in getting up and walking away a fall of an older person results in a hip needing replaced.

Nature gives to the young then we plateau in our 30's and by late 30's early 40's the momentum becomes less and we start going down hill for each the speed and duration is different but make no mistake this is the phase where life starts taking away taking back the things freely given in this incarnation as we begin out next phase which is out of this incarnation and things of a less material nature and less observable in the physical mundane are added unto us for our next birth which is not of the flesh.

So it is natural for those that proceeded us in animal form to also proceed us in departure from Animal form.

To enumerate all of my Grandparents and Great Grandparents have left the body, My Dear Father has left the body, His Sister my Dear Aunt has left the Body, My favorite Uncle my Mothers Brother has left the body, and currently my Father in Law is in the stages of what the medical community call the phase of living death.

I just learned this phrase last night. CORRECTION THE CORRECT PHRASE IS: ACTIVLY DYING For some reason I misremembered it but to me it means the same thing.

Living Death. I had to keep from laughing out loud at this odd turn of phrase because it describes our entire very temporary existence here from them moment we leave the womb.

In this case it is used to describe the end phases where the person yet lives but things just keep going wrong with the vehicle and the doctors just keep up with the malfunctions until the animating principal departs.

My Father went through this it took years for him to exit.

My Aunt went through this it took close to a year for her to exit the body.

My Uncle went through this it took around 8 to 9 months for his exit.

Have any of these events both past and present effected me? You bet your Sweet Bippy they have.

I have had my heart expand so much that it hurts at times and mixed tears come to my eyes and most of them just are not my own but a reflection of My Mother or my Cousins or my Wifes own intense feelings.

At first this was a bit confusing as I would say whose feelings are these as they are not my own then at other-times I knew the feelings were my own.

In all cases it has made me more attentive and sensitive to those who are in the process of grieving and this is a blessing because were it between myself and the departed alone I feel very little anymore other than secure in the understanding that they yet live just not as I currently do and all is well.

Am I happy? such a queer question to ask of anyone.

Of course there are periods of happiness and also of sorrow as well as reflection but mostly there is a feelings of equanimity and it is best of all the extremes as they are fleeting points which come and go only to come again. After the peak of sorrow is reached a return to equanimity, after the peak of happiness is reached a return to equanimity. But through both happiness and sorrow equanimity runs through the middle.

It is the life of a witness.

Edited by - So-Hi on Jan 09 2016 4:39:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2016 :  12:29:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you So-hi. The phases of Life in this realm is indeed so.
Actually, lately whenever I hear someone has passed away my first reaction is one of joy (which I have to hide from others). It was the case for my Dad who passed away last April. It was sudden but he was 94 yrs old, so to be expected. But my friend's totally unexpected passing last month, without saying goodbye is hard. I am pissed off at him because I know he could have said goodbye to me, if he'd wished. He was a yogi. He is going to get a telling off next time we meet.

I experience the state of equanimity as a quiet, stable joy, don't you? There are extremes of wild joy (and ecstasy) and deep sorrows, then there is equanimity, which is still a bliss-filled state. Right?

Sey

Go to Top of Page

FakeYogi

India
100 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2016 :  06:58:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi So-Hi & SeySorciere
I need clarification on this one

quote:
Originally posted by So-Hi

we begin out next phase which is out of this incarnation and things of a less material nature and less observable in the physical mundane are added unto us for our next birth which is not of the flesh.

Why do you say the next birth is not of the flesh?
And this one -
quote:

feel very little anymore other than secure in the understanding that they yet live just not as I currently do and all is well.

Surely that can't be the case for one who doesn't practice right? Since they haven't grown the immortal child that tonightsthenight mentioned on page 2? Then surely reason to grieve them exists, yes?

Edited by - FakeYogi on Jan 09 2016 08:27:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ankacitah

Romania
8 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2016 :  09:42:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ankacitah's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
“If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” - Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2016 :  4:51:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My heart is with you and I do not blame you for being pissed but maybe saying good bye was just to hard, that happens when someone really, really loves you, you know.

After you give him hell I am sure you will give him a hug. Hell first Hug later

I experience equanimity as a steady state almost like being in tune harmonically vibrationally with the source of all stillness and it is constant joy is a component of it but consider joy to be at as a byproduct something that comes from the stillness and the resonating with stillness just like when ecstatic ecstasy or radiance presents itself.

We are probably talking about the same thing our minds are just using somewhat different words.

I really like you Sey you are so real in your writing, thanks for being here.

quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

Thank you So-hi. The phases of Life in this realm is indeed so.
Actually, lately whenever I hear someone has passed away my first reaction is one of joy (which I have to hide from others). It was the case for my Dad who passed away last April. It was sudden but he was 94 yrs old, so to be expected. But my friend's totally unexpected passing last month, without saying goodbye is hard. I am pissed off at him because I know he could have said goodbye to me, if he'd wished. He was a yogi. He is going to get a telling off next time we meet.

I experience the state of equanimity as a quiet, stable joy, don't you? There are extremes of wild joy (and ecstasy) and deep sorrows, then there is equanimity, which is still a bliss-filled state. Right?

Sey

Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2016 :  5:19:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Fake yogi I do not subscribe to the idea one needs to build a body of light etc... I subscribe to the idea that what we are is pan-dimensional in nature and the intangible things in this life from living follow us into the next birth.

Weather one is aware and functional in this next phase or in between phase of incarnating I think depends greatly on the development of ones awareness.

My own development before taking birth here was such that most of my memory was wiped out with the exception of certain knowings including knowing I am back again from earliest childhood.

I think allot of yogis are like this as we pick up where we left off last time around.

I do know however I was functional in the inbetween state and very reluctant to loose my memory yet eager to come back and work things out here. Maybe to eager and ignored loved ones warnings before dying there to come here choosing the challenge instead of an easier life by waiting for a few hundred years when humans would be a bit more settled and technology a bit less primitive.

So I took the death there to receive the birth here in these primitive times. It has been entertaining to see how things became yet I am not given to know the future of how things will be but I do know there will be far less people on the earth and they will be better adjusted than ever before in the near future between 500 and one thousand years from now.

There are allot of theories of what comes next astral bodies etc.. but not having a good memory of the in-between births and living.

All I can say is I remember being in a different state of being and that is not requiring a human animal form. I also remember having a loving Father and Mother there whom I really miss and love dearly and they do not age as humans do they were young in form even as I was there as well.

So as we get older and the bodies decline here the wisdom and experience and the awareness gained from having lived are with us and as we get older we become more attuned to these things which are not of the body but few without Sadhana are in a position to really notice it, which makes it all the more perfect as they would be disturbed until they are ready not to be disturbed.

Part of the preparing for the birth not of the flesh can bee seen with those actively dying. My Aunt was a very good example her mind was mostly elsewhere but when I would enter the room she would focus and smile and we would talk, when my Mother would enter the room the same and she loved it when my mother would rub her back and brush her hair but she preferred to tune into the next life most of the time.

As the body weakens its companion the mind whom is born of body as the two require each other introverts just like a yogi and goes into stillness.

This is why those who practice sadhana have a different perspective on death as those who go into stillness die daily to the body and the outer world to their individual ability to do so and what we experience is nothing short of bliss.

Building a body of light or an immortal child is just the ego and mind fearing the unknown attempting to transfer consciousness to such a construct would be a perversion don't you think?

Better to follow the system already in place by the divine than to force one of your own I should think and besides that in the deepest Samadhi there is no mind or body or anything reportable and that is the ultimate union with everything that is not of mankind but the supreme itself.

Such is my understanding it may not be correct.

quote:
Originally posted by FakeYogi

Hi So-Hi & SeySorciere
I need clarification on this one

quote:

we begin out next phase which is out of this incarnation and things of a less material nature and less observable in the physical mundane are added unto us for our next birth which is not of the flesh.

Why do you say the next birth is not of the flesh?
And this one -
quote:

feel very little anymore other than secure in the understanding that they yet live just not as I currently do and all is well.

Surely that can't be the case for one who doesn't practice right? Since they haven't grown the immortal child that tonightsthenight mentioned on page 2? Then surely reason to grieve them exists, yes?

Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2016 :  6:42:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi So-Hi,

The light body is not ego. It is part of the path that one can experience once all of the 7 chakras are opened. It is not a need or a part of the ego but just part of the path. I can assure you that even after you achieve the light body there is still more, much more.

Love and compassion has been mentioned. Do you know why it is practiced? It is the Buddhist means of opening the heart chakra. When that is opened well here is a good description:

I woke up in a state of incredible inner peace, bliss in fact. With my eyes still closed, I heard the sound of a bird and realized how precious that was. And then I opened my eyes and saw the sunlight coming through the curtains and felt: There is far more to that than we realize. It felt like love coming through the curtains. And then as I walked around the old familiar objects in the room I realized I had never really seen them before. It was as if I had just been born into this world; a state of wonder. And then I went for a walk in the city. I was still in London. Everything was miraculous, deeply peaceful. Even the traffic. [Chuckle]
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=14834

So when I ask are you happy I am truly wishing for everyone to say yes and to have a story like Eckhart Tolle.

I and my wife have lost family lately. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

All the best,

Tom
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2016 :  9:42:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tom,

Experiencing the light body was the first experience with my spontaneous awakening. Except I didn't sit on the park bench for two years. I had a new born so things needed to get done. There was no "I" for months, yet the body functioned. Everything around me including this body was made of the same fabric.My close friends till this day tell me "You were not here". I jokingly tell them yes I died and I'm reborn.

The difference between Eckhart and my experience is he is a millionaire telling his story and teaching. I live the same life but I'm at peace with everything.

Waking up is not that hard. But living that truth is the hard part. The truth does not care because everything is "That". Yet this body mind wants to be a vehicle of "That". So I practice everyday because it's the SamaKaras that needs to fall away.

Building this body that body does not matter. This has been my experience. I may be totally wrong. The more I do Yoga,the more I don't know.

So sorry for your loss.

Edited by - sunyata on Jan 10 2016 1:14:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2016 :  10:06:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sunyata,

He just had a heart opening. He is not even close to being light.

When one goes light one feels energy flowing through them 24/7. Normal energy practices are no longer needed because of the light that is flowing through you already. One begins to not be able to feel such practices. Many can feel others emotions, know what chakras are open and can work mind to mind with others. An example of working mind to mind is introducing others to deeper levels of silence. One is also able too close one eye and be one with things and understand how it is all energy and empty like a cloud.

That is just a small example of what is possible .

It is not the astral body that many confuse it with. The light body is way beyond that it is you could say our higher self in form.

Amazing stuff.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2016 :  10:09:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Everything you describe is all scenery. Been through it all.Like Yogani says best to let it go in Samyama.

There is no need to do anything to anyone. Everything is happening with divine plan.Everything and Everyone is Divine. Everyone and Everything is special.Everyone and Everything is That.

The only thing that matters is how we are with the fellow beings.

It's not the light body that's amazing. It's us being able to wake up every morning and everything around us that's amazing. From this body to the table in the room.

Edited by - sunyata on Jan 09 2016 10:42:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2016 :  02:58:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
There is no need to do anything to anyone. Everything is happening with divine plan.Everything and Everyone is Divine. Everyone and Everything is special.Everyone and Everything is That.

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000