New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

matangi

USA
53 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2013 :  12:04:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit matangi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
jonesboy - you are kind and wide open heart to offer this question.

Thank you.

Happy here. Born that way despite everything around saying no way.

Breathing with TPP to integrate some of my clunky parts. :)

Thank you again for sharing light.
Go to Top of Page

Govinda

USA
176 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2013 :  12:25:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Yoga isn't about the ecstatic bliss, although there tends to be a lot of chatter about it here. Yoga is about moving into alignment with our true nature, which sounds exactly like what's happening in your life

Websters definition of "chatter": incessant trivial talk.

My apologies to jonesboy, for shifting this thread to a tributary topic. My heart was in the right place when I rattled on about my experiences in deep meditation and I hope it sheds some small value to the ideal of happiness (one free of the pendulum of joy and sorrow). Didn't mean to divert or digress, I was aiming at equating the essence of happiness with Divine Rapture.

Yes, I agree, Yoga is all about alignment with our true nature, whihc is Bliss-consciousness or the self's eclipsing wiht Nirvana. The immediate GOAL of Yogis, Jains, Buddhists, Kabbalists, Gnostics, Sufis and shamans world-over, for thousands upon thousands of years of continued spiritual practice and Sadhana... is here mocked as somehow "trivial", seemingly out of pace or imbalanced to the point of overload. I find this quite odd and kinda contradictory. The soul is drawn towards the call of the Sacred tone and the effulgence of the transcendental realms.

From which degree of consciously-evolved compassion and human kindness, does anyone send such an absolutist statement? Frankly, it's all about harmony, cultivation of pranic energy and attunement towards direct immersion, intent and interphase. Hence the flood of tears and sheer blissfulness. What could be more joyous than touching the Sacred Reality, the Divine Presence behind the appearances of this and that? Pure spiritual love! As perceptual dawning naturally follows the depth of dreamy night, "ecstatic bliss" blooms in the mindsets and heart-songs of all true seekers. And IMO, it a very great cause for unlimited happiness!!!

When Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa, Sri Anandamayi Ma or Sri Ramana Maharshi, arguably the highest and most God-absorbed human souls in the last few centuries, frequently entered into states of heightened consciousness (which can be labeled as nothing short of Nirvikalpa Samadhi), they touched the deepest and most mystical of human perceptions... ecstatic bliss. No small wonder Swamis all have ananda following there monastic names? When asked what his most cherished Ishta was, the esteemed Sri Lahiri Mahasaya simply said, "Ananda".

They were certainly not alone, most assuredly, nor any anomaly within India's vast history of spiritual richness (or around the globe). And within every cultural context, we find this phenomenon. And it is the coursing force of much happiness... but one free of duality, polarity or dichotomy. Brahman/God/Allah unequivocally exists within all frequencies of awareness, likewise within seeming inertia, all levels, states and planes of existence. This is the manifestation of the Supreme Brahman/god/Allah, made immanent as Ishvara granting existence to the universes.

Ultimately, we bloom exponentially enough to taste the intoxicating euphoria of Satchitananda, the undivided core, epicenter and quintessence of all Truth, Consciousness and Bliss. We are all One Supreme Being, many forms coming and going, continually changing in multidimensional appearances and limitless existential parameters.

I believe bliss states are assuredly not just some extreme religious fervor or a wild personal epiphany, it's the direct UNION of the relative self with the Absolute Self. This yoking, this enrapturement, is the total conjoinment of the individual and the Indivisible. It generates an unbound ecstasy which is immune to the highs and lows of the dreamer of any impermanent dreamscape.

And when we harmonious ground this epiphany within our daily lives, what greater joy, what deeper fulfillment can any Jiva experience? Peace and happiness are wonderful states of being, don't get me wrong... but touching the Divine is our soul's truest calling. I so doing, we fuse the relative with the Absolute, the human with the Divine. Let your love light shine ever brightly, my dear friends.

I respectfully wish to be harmonious and gentle, so forgive my point-blank honesty, if I may be so bold. I do sincerely respect and honor TTN and all of you exceptionally beautiful folks. Wishing you all, unbridled happiness, deep peace and a balanced, crystalline impartiality. Let theRapture settle within the mind's heart and turn into the nectar of loving service towards one another. Bliss without benevolence is a missed opportunity.

OM Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya
Go to Top of Page

matangi

USA
53 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2013 :  12:40:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit matangi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh Govinda.

Allow your self - your most beautiful self - to crawl into your heart.

Your mind is brilliant without doubt!

Awaiting here for the alchemy.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2013 :  10:08:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Govinda

quote:
Yoga isn't about the ecstatic bliss, although there tends to be a lot of chatter about it here. Yoga is about moving into alignment with our true nature, which sounds exactly like what's happening in your life

Websters definition of "chatter": incessant trivial talk.

My apologies to jonesboy, for shifting this thread to a tributary topic. My heart was in the right place when I rattled on about my experiences in deep meditation and I hope it sheds some small value to the ideal of happiness (one free of the pendulum of joy and sorrow). Didn't mean to divert or digress, I was aiming at equating the essence of happiness with Divine Rapture.

Yes, I agree, Yoga is all about alignment with our true nature, whihc is Bliss-consciousness or the self's eclipsing wiht Nirvana. The immediate GOAL of Yogis, Jains, Buddhists, Kabbalists, Gnostics, Sufis and shamans world-over, for thousands upon thousands of years of continued spiritual practice and Sadhana... is here mocked as somehow "trivial", seemingly out of pace or imbalanced to the point of overload. I find this quite odd and kinda contradictory. The soul is drawn towards the call of the Sacred tone and the effulgence of the transcendental realms.

From which degree of consciously-evolved compassion and human kindness, does anyone send such an absolutist statement? Frankly, it's all about harmony, cultivation of pranic energy and attunement towards direct immersion, intent and interphase. Hence the flood of tears and sheer blissfulness. What could be more joyous than touching the Sacred Reality, the Divine Presence behind the appearances of this and that? Pure spiritual love! As perceptual dawning naturally follows the depth of dreamy night, "ecstatic bliss" blooms in the mindsets and heart-songs of all true seekers. And IMO, it a very great cause for unlimited happiness!!!

When Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa, Sri Anandamayi Ma or Sri Ramana Maharshi, arguably the highest and most God-absorbed human souls in the last few centuries, frequently entered into states of heightened consciousness (which can be labeled as nothing short of Nirvikalpa Samadhi), they touched the deepest and most mystical of human perceptions... ecstatic bliss. No small wonder Swamis all have ananda following there monastic names? When asked what his most cherished Ishta was, the esteemed Sri Lahiri Mahasaya simply said, "Ananda".

They were certainly not alone, most assuredly, nor any anomaly within India's vast history of spiritual richness (or around the globe). And within every cultural context, we find this phenomenon. And it is the coursing force of much happiness... but one free of duality, polarity or dichotomy. Brahman/God/Allah unequivocally exists within all frequencies of awareness, likewise within seeming inertia, all levels, states and planes of existence. This is the manifestation of the Supreme Brahman/god/Allah, made immanent as Ishvara granting existence to the universes.

Ultimately, we bloom exponentially enough to taste the intoxicating euphoria of Satchitananda, the undivided core, epicenter and quintessence of all Truth, Consciousness and Bliss. We are all One Supreme Being, many forms coming and going, continually changing in multidimensional appearances and limitless existential parameters.

I believe bliss states are assuredly not just some extreme religious fervor or a wild personal epiphany, it's the direct UNION of the relative self with the Absolute Self. This yoking, this enrapturement, is the total conjoinment of the individual and the Indivisible. It generates an unbound ecstasy which is immune to the highs and lows of the dreamer of any impermanent dreamscape.

And when we harmonious ground this epiphany within our daily lives, what greater joy, what deeper fulfillment can any Jiva experience? Peace and happiness are wonderful states of being, don't get me wrong... but touching the Divine is our soul's truest calling. I so doing, we fuse the relative with the Absolute, the human with the Divine. Let your love light shine ever brightly, my dear friends.

I respectfully wish to be harmonious and gentle, so forgive my point-blank honesty, if I may be so bold. I do sincerely respect and honor TTN and all of you exceptionally beautiful folks. Wishing you all, unbridled happiness, deep peace and a balanced, crystalline impartiality. Let theRapture settle within the mind's heart and turn into the nectar of loving service towards one another. Bliss without benevolence is a missed opportunity.

OM Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya

Beautiful words Govinda!

I apologize it if it appeared that I was criticing you or any aspect of your experience. That was not my intention. On the contrary I think you have a beautiful practice in addition to being a fantastic writer.

I did not mean to belittle ecstatic bliss by calling it chatter. I tend to talk about it all the time, haha! I would not say ecstacy is trivial.

But I do think that the goal of yoga, freedom, does sometimes gets lost with all the talk about these 'advanced' states and conditions. I tend to get carried away into the ecstacy, so I'm wary of that. Maybe I come off as being too focused on stillness, but if so that's because of a history of getting swept away by ecstacy.

After all, most people are going to see this stuff as babble. And fair enough, it sounds insane to the majority of yogis and Buddhists, so I don't want to demean the most profound experiences of my own life, my identity even, but just how many people alive right now have experienced nirvakalpa samadhi? I'm pretty sure, its not many :)

So thank you for pointing out just how important this insanity we cherish is! I am sorry to have caused you this grief.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2013 :  10:18:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I still have work to do

I read these posts these experiences and how people's lives have changed and I want to slap people. Wake up!
I know I can't and that even if I did it would do no good.

I am blessed to be here amongst you.

Now back on topic. I love how in this thread we have had talks of enlightenment and tears of ecstasy but the greatest joy was for KellyN's post.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2013 :  7:12:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Brother Govinda,

I agree with you. Personally, for me it's all about the Divine Romance, which is overwhelmingly blissful/ecstatic. Maybe it's different for other people.

Having said that, the AYP Lessons are very clear that the yoga being taught here, as per the classical yoga tradition in general, is in fact a process of cultivating inner silence/Bliss as well as ecstatic conductivity/Ecstasy, and the union of the two. Yes, "Freedom" - but Freedom comes from the blissful/ecstatic process of losing oneself in the One Love. That is what all the various exercises are aimed at - and then we take the beneficial effects into our daily life, as KellyN is discovering! Good for you, KellyN, and I promise it only gets better and better. I'm not exaggerating one bit.

But of course Tonights is right: "most people are going to see this stuff as babble." Yes. But, the folks here at AYP are NOT "most people." You guys are a very "special" group and I'm so happy to be with you here.
Go to Top of Page

Govinda

USA
176 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2013 :  12:20:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight

I apologize it if it appeared that I was criticing you or any aspect of your experience. That was not my intention.

No need to apologize and I hope I didn't come off as offended. It's just that I have been re-reading The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna and as such, the notion that ecstatic-bliss as being "chatter" kind of perplexed me. Divine Rapture is an echo and refection of our degree of attunement to the realm of the Sacred. But we're cool and I am not disgruntled at all. I honestly don't expect everyone to agree 100% with my perspective (that would be nuts) and I sincerely honor yours, despite some differences in our individual preferences and our terminology/semantics. Most of the highest levels on awareness are far beyond words, anyway.

quote:
I did not mean to belittle ecstatic bliss by calling it chatter. I tend to talk about it all the time, haha! I would not say ecstacy is trivial.

But I do think that the goal of yoga, freedom, does sometimes gets lost with all the talk about these 'advanced' states and conditions. I tend to get carried away into the ecstacy, so I'm wary of that. Maybe I come off as being too focused on stillness, but if so that's because of a history of getting swept away by ecstasy.

Understood and its' all good. Moksha is the aim of all spiritual attention, so we are on the same page here. And I feel that there is a general misnomer, in regards to ecstatic-bliss states. They are precursors to the Supreme Silence, the total emptiness and quietude of the Absolute... the Divine Being, eclipsing the relative self. From my earnest Sadhana, I have found that in a whiteout experience, there is no witness anymore, to the sheer Ananda, the Infinite ecstatic-bliss... as Jivatman and Paramatman have been eclipsed as ONE, seamlessly unified (or yoked).

quote:
After all, most people are going to see this stuff as babble. And fair enough, it sounds insane to the majority of yogis and Buddhists, so I don't want to demean the most profound experiences of my own life, my identity even, but just how many people alive right now have experienced nirvakalpa samadhi? I'm pretty sure, its not many :)
So thank you for pointing out just how important this insanity we cherish is! I am sorry to have caused you this grief.

As they say in sunny Brazil, "nao problema". And I must agree, very few human beings do experience Nirvikapla or Sahaja Samadhi states. Many of us have touched Savikapla states and that's an amazing thing, really! But despite the degree of intensity or frequency of consciousness, maintaining balance in our lives and an impartial clarity of vision, is essential for peace and harmony.

In my own personal journey, being drawn to the Divine Flame is as natural and irresistible as enjoying the sunshine or the sound of the roaring ocean. May we all be called into direct communion with the living Spirit of Brahman/God/Allah, each in keeping with our own unique blooming.

OM Shanti, Shanti, Shanti

Edited by - Govinda on Dec 08 2013 12:40:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2013 :  09:43:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is funny how many words get generated by a yes or no question!
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2013 :  5:32:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very well said Govinda
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2013 :  6:27:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear jonesboy,

If you had asked me this question earlier in my life, say 25 years ago, I would have had to answer "NO!" despite the fact that I had a very intense and dedicated yoga practice. As I reflect back on this, it really makes me appreciate the AYP approach of first becoming established in the silence of pure bliss consciousness, and then when steady, explore ecstatic conductivity, keeping a balance between the two; the balance between our spiritual practice and our activities in the world; and, the importance of self-pacing.

In my youth I had ZERO concept of "self-pacing," and I did lots of practices aimed at raising kundalini, which resulted in extreme ecstasy and energy phenomena including crown activity that I was really not ready for at the time. I had "overload" without even knowing what it was. And despite my many ecstatic experiences during the yoga practice, in my everyday life I was miserable!! Bliss was something I tasted in meditation, but longed for during my waking existence. I had no stability whatsoever... Everything worked out eventually, many years later, but if AYP had been available back then, it would have saved me a lot of grief and I definitely would have had a "happier" life! Anybody else have an experience like this?
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2013 :  10:34:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Rad.. Yes, exactly.

I didn't even know what happiness was before k.

The first seven years or so, I found happiness in practice, but not consistently in daily life. It was a wonderful time, full of ecstacy and adventure.

Then, the bliss appeared. A faint light in the distance, or I should say satcitananda appeared. But a megadose of purification accompanied the bliss, and severe overloading regardless of self pacing.

I had severe overload for two years straight. I was not equipped to deal with it, but I found AYP at the beginning of this period. Slowly, as I implemented the complete practices, the bliss expanded, and the autopilot overloading diminished.

AYP was there at the right place and the right time. Without it, I don't know where I would be. Dead probably.

Reflecting, like you, brings up a lot of gratitude for AYP, Yogani, and the entire community. The bliss was coming one way or another, but with AYP it happened faster and with less pain.

Now more than ever, effective, no nonsense practices are needed. I know from experience that AYP can help those with severe ecstatic overload.

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2013 :  07:21:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Certainly removed the suffering I was choosing allowed me to do things without worrying about them being right or wrong. Just listen carefully and do. When the mind is clear the action is clear.

Happiness is more of an emotional addition. Not to knock it, but to know happiness one has to be experiencing the opposite. Being able to give both happiness and sadness equal credence gives equilibrium.

Anything that unsettles that equilibrium indicates more work to do. There is certainly joy in there being lots and lots of work still to do.

Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2013 :  11:00:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Karl! FYI I think we're using the word happiness to indicate the state of ecstatic bliss consciousness rather than an emotion, although I tend to prefer the word joy. :)
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2013 :  11:58:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think my interpretation of the original question reflects my dualised state of mind.

i.e. am i happy enough.

i guess for us all if there is an aspect of mind which relates to our experience and asks that question then we must remind ourselves skillfully to restrain from non-dual self enquiry and begin to earnestly and skillfully continue with our yoga practice (or for me get back to it ;-))

it is wonderful to describe our experiences and how they make us feel but without abiding equanimity what we have achieved is relative to the absolute which we all seek, namely enlightenment.

for me i am becoming acutely aware of how much suffering the body experiences all the time. and this is reminding me that my mindfulness practice cannot be substituted for the IAM mantra in terms of refining the inner biology and activating the spiritual or etheric genetics which all people possess.

it takes a very strong desire to enter the realm of the absolute and one must develop fearlessness. For me I am acutely aware that i am frightened of such overwhelming happiness which might cause me to let go. When you ripen properly that happiness doesnt stop.

I wonder to myself can i cope with more sleepless nights of ecstasy and bliss where will it lead me.

I guess from a analytical point of view anyone who enters the wilderness and returns alive must teach. but in a world of deep darkness will God alone feed us or will it be our selfish and lowly desires which feed us only to take food from another.

ohm mani peme hung

j
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2013 :  6:23:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JosephUK

I think my interpretation of the original question reflects my dualised state of mind.

i.e. am i happy enough.

i guess for us all if there is an aspect of mind which relates to our experience and asks that question then we must remind ourselves skillfully to restrain from non-dual self enquiry and begin to earnestly and skillfully continue with our yoga practice (or for me get back to it ;-))

it is wonderful to describe our experiences and how they make us feel but without abiding equanimity what we have achieved is relative to the absolute which we all seek, namely enlightenment.

for me i am becoming acutely aware of how much suffering the body experiences all the time. and this is reminding me that my mindfulness practice cannot be substituted for the IAM mantra in terms of refining the inner biology and activating the spiritual or etheric genetics which all people possess.

it takes a very strong desire to enter the realm of the absolute and one must develop fearlessness. For me I am acutely aware that i am frightened of such overwhelming happiness which might cause me to let go. When you ripen properly that happiness doesnt stop.

I wonder to myself can i cope with more sleepless nights of ecstasy and bliss where will it lead me.

I guess from a analytical point of view anyone who enters the wilderness and returns alive must teach. but in a world of deep darkness will God alone feed us or will it be our selfish and lowly desires which feed us only to take food from another.

ohm mani peme hung

j

Great post Joseph, thank you.

No question that this is true for me too. Like you, I find the absolute is a fearful thing, and parts of myself remain happy living in darkness. All we can do is live the next day to try again.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2013 :  7:51:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Nice Karl! FYI I think we're using the word happiness to indicate the state of ecstatic bliss consciousness rather than an emotion, although I tend to prefer the word joy. :)

I don't know about ecstatic bliss consciousness for me. Its more like being a child again. Just go fly a kite, roll in sand, run on wet grass, read a book.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2013 :  11:15:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Karl used the term, "equilibrium," and yes, I keep coming back to "equanimity," as several others have also mentioned, the "steadiness" that characterizes the Bliss state. Verse 2:66 of the Bhagavad Gita comes to mind: http://www.asitis.com/2/66.html

"One who is not in transcendental consciousness can have neither a controlled mind nor steady intelligence, without which there is no possibility of peace. And how can there be any happiness without peace?"

As Yogani says of inner silence in Lesson 35, "an increasingly steady state of peace, happiness and bliss. Most of all it is experienced as an inner stability that is not shaken by any outer experience." He explains that this provides a foundation for the "dynamic state of bliss" or "ecstatic experience."

Because I didn't have that kind of guidance in my youth, I did it backwards - which is how I was able to experience plenty of ecstasy (and consequent overload!) in yoga practice, while remaining essentially miserable in daily life. I was frequently depressed and irritable, unable to integrate the ecstatic experiences into my normal waking existence. So for me, "lack of equanimity" = misery. That only changed after the underlying steadiness of Bliss took over my entire waking consciousness, and then everything kind of fell into place, the ecstatic experiences as well as the ordinary ups and downs of daily life. Equanimity, a deep imperturbable joy that is not dependent on circumstances.
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2013 :  01:10:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks tonightsthenight.

I guess having gone into a foray into buddhism this past few years i think i can only describe what we're hinting at as absolute boddhicitta which is in some ways entirely separate from the relative experience of deep meditation which secretly we all know to some extent would disappear if we stopped practicing, (this obviously depends on how much practice we've done)

for me when kundalini rises from below the physicality of the perineum and almost from the deepest shakti and rises to Godhead above (in my experience) that is true peace which doesnt dissapear if i stop practices.

in terms of happiness, our journey to enlightenment is temporal and all experiences on it are an illusion of happiness (experiences we like or ones we dont) just last night i was listening to the purification going on in my system and immediately wanted it to stop and yet it is bliss moving through my system.

joy i guess for me comes from the heart although no dictionary definition would tell you that.

there is no truer joy than that of a helper providing for those in genuine need and i believe that is true both on the relative and absolute levels.

ps: now my third deep meditation and i think im moving through the clunky stage, feel all warm inside ;-) who says self compassion is selfish.

j
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2013 :  03:56:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I should add that I no longer meditate. The drive to do so disappeared once the stability/stillness became a constant.

This doesn't mean that conscious practices are stopped, its more of a constant background. Like learning to ride a bike. Maybe I will return to formal practices at some point.

Not sure the equanimity covers it. More of a balance/equilibrium. There is no immunity from emotion, indeed quite the opposite. Its like I cleaned out a pipe and the energy can run full bore without getting tangled up inside me. The ongoing work is to keep the pipe clear and notice when the flow is disturbed, then dive in and sort it out.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2013 :  10:36:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

quote:

I don't know about ecstatic bliss consciousness for me. Its more like being a child again. Just go fly a kite, roll in sand, run on wet grass, read a book.

Exactly

Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2013 :  10:51:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JosephUK

thanks tonightsthenight.

I guess having gone into a foray into buddhism this past few years i think i can only describe what we're hinting at as absolute boddhicitta which is in some ways entirely separate from the relative experience of deep meditation which secretly we all know to some extent would disappear if we stopped practicing, (this obviously depends on how much practice we've done)

for me when kundalini rises from below the physicality of the perineum and almost from the deepest shakti and rises to Godhead above (in my experience) that is true peace which doesnt dissapear if i stop practices.

in terms of happiness, our journey to enlightenment is temporal and all experiences on it are an illusion of happiness (experiences we like or ones we dont) just last night i was listening to the purification going on in my system and immediately wanted it to stop and yet it is bliss moving through my system.

joy i guess for me comes from the heart although no dictionary definition would tell you that.

there is no truer joy than that of a helper providing for those in genuine need and i believe that is true both on the relative and absolute levels.

ps: now my third deep meditation and i think im moving through the clunky stage, feel all warm inside ;-) who says self compassion is selfish.

j

Yeah, deep meditation is very controlled.

But sometimes, if I let myself go for just over 10 minutes, and the mantra disappears, all the cells in the body light on fire and the vision changes so that everything else is on fire too. The joy may come from the heart but then the heart is as big as the entire universe.

And there is no sense of self, just the Self and the servant, patient and with no thought to itself, like a car haha. Just pure compassion, its the only expression. And then time stops of course, even though it keeps going. That's when things are real, and I guess maybe its not happiness and of course you're losing your life to gain it if you were to live this way, if that is even possible.

The bliss I always thought of as a baby being born inside, like this divine child and one day there He is, and growing bigger everyday. But of course as He grows you start to die.

Deep med really helps to lay down the law in the psyche and instills discipline. A baby being born is a terribly fearful thing but wonderful at the same time. So all that deep med is helping to get that baby gestating but then when its born its a separate thing and you see that the practice is only a practice, and yes, as you say it is temporal and will cease to be. But the thing that is born will never die.

Go to Top of Page

catrynn

Ireland
68 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2013 :  06:05:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have found this thread really awesome. It is not something that I read about everyday. I get the feeling that you are all making many descriptions on how our body can really work at the highest levels - I find it all a bit like discussing the engine of a super super racing car. Your descriptions of how the engine runs is mindblowing! Of course it is fueled by AYP or other meditation practices really depending on where our bakti has its heart and so the Driver has many Names from all religions but is always within us as our Guru. I haven't got to these heights having only practiced AYP for a couple of months but the beginnings of peace, silence and happiness are faintly stirring, drawing me on, inspired by such treads as this. Thank you. Blessings everyone
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2013 :  5:09:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by catrynn

I have found this thread really awesome. It is not something that I read about everyday. I get the feeling that you are all making many descriptions on how our body can really work at the highest levels - I find it all a bit like discussing the engine of a super super racing car. Your descriptions of how the engine runs is mindblowing! Of course it is fueled by AYP or other meditation practices really depending on where our bakti has its heart and so the Driver has many Names from all religions but is always within us as our Guru. I haven't got to these heights having only practiced AYP for a couple of months but the beginnings of peace, silence and happiness are faintly stirring, drawing me on, inspired by such treads as this. Thank you. Blessings everyone

Thank YOU, catrynn! To be able to inspire anybody is the point of sharing our stories - we are all inspiring each other.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2015 :  4:24:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jonesboy

Are you happy? Is your day really filled with joy?

I ask because mine is and I sure hope yours is too.

It happened pretty quick for me. Two weeks of doing AYP and I had a physical outpouring of joy that was amazing. That joy did settle down and then took a good couple of months to kick into something that I could really feel again. Eleven months later, life is good.

(What is weird is that when I leave my house it grows) beside the point

I guess I am writing this because we talk so much about technique, enlightenment, systems and issues but we do all this because of how it makes us feel during the day. Now I still get mad and can get a little to passionate at work sometimes. But man am I happy, so thank you Yogani for this gift.

So my friends, do you feel happy too? How long after starting AYP did it take for you to notice a real change in your day?

This is what it is all about. May everyone's day's be filled with joy
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2015 :  5:00:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Daily goosebumps and joy and bliss flowing through all of my body, and increasingly occasionally my vision changes so that I do not even have to *try* to see the divine in all things yet rather it beams out to me radiantly and signals directly the interconnectedness of All. As such, yes, happy!

Starting to understand what Yogani said when he wrote that we would literally trip over the treasure, and all this with only being at the beginning of the infinite journey, I have only tears of joy and gratitude to have realized this much.

And yes, may all know the same bliss and happiness and more still, bliss is the birthright of every being.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000