Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 spinal breathing during sex
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2006 :  3:08:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

I can't find this being discussed in the forum, and it's only mentioned briefly in the lessons, so I would like to bring it up. Anyone trying spinal breathing during sex?? And what's the routine? Is it a good idea to meditate after that to make use of the (supposedly) cultivated nervous system? (or just to avoid meditation due to the stimulations from sex?)

I will work on this extensively once I resume the sexual energy fully, may be sooner; and just want to hear some experience. Hopefully that would add something to my practice, in particular my BORING spinal breathing pranayama---I do find much more motivations to spinal breath during sex, and spinal breathing during sex seems to reduce my sexual urge and increase dramatically the stimulation I can get without ejaculating, a pretty good preliminary findings.

Alvin

Edited by - Alvin Chan on Jul 29 2006 12:39:28 PM

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2006 :  1:01:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just have a few trials yesterday and today. I even add masturbation to my normal spinal-breathing sessions.

In addition to what I've mentioned, I can now say that it is a wonderful way to give up sex! The practice soon became so yogic that I forgot everything about sex. The sexual urge melts away. Just stimulation, and my feeling turned inward with the application of Sambhavi Mudra. (I close my eyes most of the time.)

In addition to Sambhavi Mudra (which I experienced as the most important ingredient), I applied Mulabandha rhythmically, and maintain extra slow, long Ujjayi throughout. With all these measures, I actually feel very relaxed, calm and "inward". (That's why I decided to do this before meditation.) I add about 2 rounds of bhastrika in the morning session before meditation( and 5 mins of usual spinal breathing in the afternoon session), just to ensure that I'm really relaxed enough to meditate. And the feeling of my meditation, if different at all, is deeper than usual.

There seems to be an intensified coldness in my throat area. But I prefer to remain conservative before the feeling is strong enough to be conclusive.

So much for now. I will keep up the practice and share more later.

Edited by - Alvin Chan on Jul 29 2006 1:08:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2006 :  4:01:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Once you're ready, add kechari into your sexual practices. You'll probably get a good laugh, as I did. Masturbating while putting your tongue in your nasal cavity is pretty hilarious. I noticed that it took any sexual urge I had out of it. But I don't do that anymore.

Interesting experimentation.
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  01:49:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott,

I am looking forward to try. I can only reach stage one kechari, and since it takes too much attention to do that, I prefer not doing it until I reach stage 2. I think you're beyond stage 2...

quote:
But I don't do that anymore.

Any special reasons? Or you just naturally get out of the practices without a conscious decision?

Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  11:09:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Alvin,

I have only reached stage 2. I never liked doing much of anything in stage 1 because you have to use your tongue muscle to keep it there, but in stage 2 you can pretty much forget about your tongue and let it rest there. In another thread you said you were adding a lot of practices, and probably not self pacing. Well, once you start self pacing again I think you should add kechari! In your freetime, work on it...that's what I did. 20 minutes of working at it really helps, and I didn't notice any overstimulation until I actually reached stage 2. Then I noticed how powerful the practice really is...because 20 minutes in stage 2 catapulted me into some strange and powerful experiences of purification.

I don't do any AYP practice anymore, because of guidance from my guru.
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  11:56:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
because 20 minutes in stage 2 catapulted me into some strange and powerful experiences of purification.

I would like to know more. Your experience could be helpful to me.

I don't think I am over-practising (at least the symptoms have not yet come up to convince me). I never have any energy symptoms other than coldness of the throat.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  12:41:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Alvin,

If you aren't joyous and peaceful, and there's some emotional turmoil, it can be a sign that you're purifying too much. I'm just giving a reminder though...the amount of practice is always up to the individual. I certainly don't know if you're actually doing too much or just the right amount. Onto my kechari experience...

The first night I found kechari stage 2, I was in a bathroom and I stayed in there for a while exploring stage 2. Then I went out, sat in a chair where no one was around and explored some more. Altogether it was probably 20 minutes to a half an hour. I felt an overabundance of blissfulness...pretty much like a drug. Stage 2 is no joke.

I heard a high pitched sound in my spinal cord, around my heart neck and head. It wasn't just that sound in your ears when everything is quiet. It was an intense sound.

When I went by my family, they gave me strange looks and I tried to seem normal.

I had to go to the bathroom a lot the next day...probably like 7 times. My poop was all foamy. My belly was bloated with air, and I tried to eat a more pure diet so it wouldn't be so distended. It helped a little bit. My pee smelled bad and was pretty yellow despite me drinking a lot of water. This lasted a while, and my digestion is still changing despite having quit the practice a month or two ago. I can't eat a lot of food anymore, otherwise I'll feel like puking all day.

I figured out the immortality stuff by this practice. I don't want to go into it any more, because I'd be chasing a siddhi. I just know the basics, and if anyone asks me about it I'll just tell them to go to bed when it gets dark out...since doing this brings the best health and a long life. It truly works miracles. If someone is going to strive for immortality through yoga, then I figure it'll be revealed to them the same way it was for me...but they will just follow through, unlike me. It's not my place to give away secrets. Besides, I'm not even sure if the theory holds up. Who knows if immortality is even possible? Babaji? Never seen him, so whatever.

And that's pretty much it. I feel bad saying anything about the immortality thing. I just wanted to be honest with you, Alvin. Please, I hope no one will ask me anything more about that. I'd rather have you write me off as a looney, than discuss it.

Anyway, good luck with your practices, Alvin. Energy symptoms arise because you are purifying. Whatever arises will subside. The coldness in your throat will leave. I'm sure more things will arise. Energy symptoms aren't the only signs of purification, though. Sometimes, a repressed emotion will arise that you have to deal with. In other posts people have talked about becoming angry right after meditation. Advise was given to them to rest a while afterwards...decent advice. I don't think that's it, though. I think you have to sit with your anger and watch it...know that you're feeling angry...wait for it to leave...not try to rid yourself of what's arising. Then you'll just repress more.

Also, insight will arise as you purify, as in my case of understanding the immortality stuff. This is just purification, too. I suggest any knowledge you get you don't cling to...even if it's good, like the ability to heal others. Making yourself into a healer, for example, would be straying from attaining enlightenment. Just watch things arise, then watch them disappear.

Yeah, I should stop now...

-Scott
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  11:03:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your sharing. It seems that you're really sensitive to Kechari. But there are quite a number of people here in this forum who are doing Kechari stage 2-3(some hold for extended time) and feel much less dramatic than you.

Although I am not practising kechari during my sitting practice, I do stretch the tongue, try reaching back when I have nothing to do. I understand that these "tryings" are necessary.

I hope I am as sensitive as you. At least than I can spend less time on my practice
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2006 :  12:58:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Remember that having a lot of symptoms of purification only mean that there's a lot to purify...not that you're advanced.
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  10:59:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've had a good time experimenting with my sexuality, fellas.

Spinal breathing or any inward focus changes everything, and with a good base of practice the body is prepared to put on a real good act.

For the first time I felt some sensations leave the groin area. They had traveled into my naval for a while now, but recently from that point the orgasm went just briefly into my legs and feet.

The best orgasm I've had was a few months back, after I started incorpirated yoga into my love making.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000