Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 Chicago Area Retreat - March 2014
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2013 :  11:22:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone!

I've tentatively booked a weekend retreat at "The Well Spirituality Center," which is located in LaGrange Park, Illinois.

Dates:
March 21st, 22nd, 23rd

1515 West Ogden Avenue • LaGrange Park, IL 60526-1721

Projected Cost:
$250 per person.

Please let me know if you're interested in attending.

All the best!
--Liz

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2013 :  08:15:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Everyone:

It's official! The Chicago retreat dates and reservations are confirmed, and there are 12 seats available. Looking forward to seeing you!
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2014 :  3:04:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
On-line Registration for the Chicago-area AYP Retreat is available!

Edited by - whippoorwill on Feb 16 2014 09:52:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2014 :  10:38:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ummmm...will there be any transportation available to and from the airport? (I could take a cab or bus, I'm sure, but just curious to see if you or someone else might be able to scoop me up.) I'm very much thinking of jumping in on this one...if there's still space!
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2014 :  4:21:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yay! Awesome!

Yes, there's still room.

I'll make sure you have transportation from the airport; just let me know what your plans are.

Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2014 :  4:25:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Everyone:

I'm still finalizing the schedule, but we're looking at a 2:00 PM arrival on Friday, March 21st. And we'll be leaving at around 1:00 PM on Sunday, March 23rd.

Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  12:06:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds awesome, Liz!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  1:21:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am locked and loaded; I am ready to roll; I am willing and able; I am registered!

Now, I do expect a few things, and if these criteria are not met, I will be severely dissappointed. Here's what I'm expecting:
--Group levitation on the first day, after we all do the "Akasha - Lightness of Air" sutra
--Visitation from higher, cosmic beings because of our greatness
--Such a supreme level of ecstatic bliss that we're barely able to speak due to the overwhelming pleasure flowing through the atmosphere
--And brownies

Kidding, kidding. I'll just take some good fellowship and inner silence. Really looking forward to it. Love to whippoorwill, and to anyone else attending.

Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2014 :  09:55:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha!! Brownies! That I can do! Unless you mean the little household helpers that no one sees…
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2014 :  07:38:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Everybody!

There's still plenty of space at the Chicago Retreat, held at The Well Spirituality Center in LaGrange Park, Illinois.

Here's the link to the registration page. You can register on-line or confirm your spot via Facebook or e-mail and pay at the door.

Would love to see you there!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2014 :  1:20:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately, there is not an emoticon that depicts the sound of a trumpet blaring. If there were, I would post that to echo the call for increased attendance. [trumpet blaring!!! ]
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  12:50:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi whippoorwill,

If you get the time, can you post the retreat meditation times? I would like to sync sitting times with y'all.

Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  9:37:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome!

All times are Central Standard.

Friday 3:45 PM: Meditation Sitting Time: 4:10 PM
15 min. Asanas
10 min Spinal Breathing Pranayama
20 min Deep Meditation
5 min Samyama
10 min or more of rest

Saturday 9:00 AM: Meditation Sitting Time: 9:40 AM
30 min. Asanas
20 min Deep Meditation
10 min Samyama
10 min or more of rest

Saturday 10:30 AM: Meditation Sitting Time: 10:50 AM
10 min. Asanas
20 min Deep Meditation
10 min Samyama
10 min or more of rest

Saturday 3:45 PM: Meditation Sitting Time: 4:15 PM
20 min. Asanas
20 min Deep Meditation
10 min Samyama
15 min or more of rest

Sunday 8:30 AM Meditation Sitting Time: 9:10 AM
30 min. Asanas
20 min Deep Meditation
10 min Samyama
10 min or more of rest
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  9:47:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll be at the retreat. I'm a little nervous, but looking forward to it.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  11:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bravo, Anima, bravo! We'll rock the house with stillness and the nerves will dissolve in waves of tranquility.
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  11:51:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2014 :  6:46:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad you'll be there to share the retreat.
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2014 :  8:52:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Exceedingly excellent enlightenment emanated effulgently, effacing even excessive expectations. Epic!

And the brownies were excellent, too! I enjoyed our walks through the woods.

It was calming, musical, warm, and magical. Truth was confirmed in friendship. On our last night, I wrote this haiku, as whippoorwill’s Core Story Haiku thread has been very dear to me over the months.

Heart

We’ve shared, Joy--anew!
“You’re my friends, and I love you.”
Likewise, yeah, warm--true.

Dear friends and AYP community, thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2014 :  08:54:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just to echo Anima's sentiments, I want to thank Liz for organizing such a spectacular weekend. It embodied the essence of fruition, and yes, the brownies were life-changing.

The location was bubbling with high resonance and purity, so the red carpet was already laid out for us, and all we had to do was stroll down the lane. We did a full array of practices, went on long walks and talks, improvised musically, and built a self-inquiry-based microcosm/mandala made of raw food (which we collectively ate! ).

The only regret I have is that we couldn't stay longer, but upon arriving home, I'm already feeling the lasting effects and know that the short, but extremely potent, weekend will carry powerful, long-term implications.

Thank you again, Liz, for taking care of us like a Divine, Radiant, Cosmic Goddess, and thank you, Anima, for being a real warrior and greatly enhancing the experience.

Many more to come. Catch y'all on the flipside of vibrant tranquility.

(P.S. Just wanna give a shout out to Jeff for taking Anima and me out to a real deep-dish Chicago pizza dinner).
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2014 :  2:13:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can't thank you guys enough for being there to share the retreat. I enjoyed every moment.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000