Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Evidence of ananda. (Savikalpa samadhi)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

teknix

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2013 :  08:12:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

My name is Justin and I live in Iowa USA and I am currently a student working on a B.S. in Computer Science. I also have a general A/A degree and an A/S degree focused in Biology. I would like to learn to use my energy to heal, or help others to be able to heal themselves. I have traveled many paths, from Kundalini Yoga, to the various schools of Buddhism, to Taoist internal alchemy. I began my path with Drunvalo Melchizedek's books and the Flower of Life. I realized later that the meditation techniques he was teaching were Kundalini Yoga techniques. I experienced the Kundalini Awakening when I was 19, and have been making progress every since. I know think I have visible evidence of the energy passing through my body. Here is the video I made showing what happens when I channel the energy. I would like some input on what you guys think about this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIr7btx5n44

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2013 :  11:08:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No offense, but that is a video of an arm.

You can't see prana any more than you can see any other energy, like muscular energy for example.

I like your enthusiasm though!
Go to Top of Page

teknix

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2013 :  7:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's a video of the effects from channeling prana. Notice when I turn it on the goosebumps appear, when I turn it off they go away, when I turn it on again they re-appear.

Yeah, you don't see the prana, you see the effects of the prana in passing.

You like my enthusiasm? I got a biology degree to attempt to identify this objectively.

The hypothesis is that Prana can be measure via piloerection.

Edited by - teknix on Oct 06 2013 7:37:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

teknix

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2013 :  01:56:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is indirect evidence, the same sort of evidence we used to consider and determine that there is Dark Matter.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2013 :  7:32:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You've picked an awfully hard road to travel! Since you can't measure prana or even detect it with instruments, there is no way to show you are sending it, and hence no way to show a correlation! Good Luck.
Go to Top of Page

teknix

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2013 :  01:34:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, I'm going to need it.

You know how they measure Dark Matter and Dark Energy? It's not by detecting the matter or energy itself . . .

It is through indirect evidence, and I am under the impression that the same can be done with prana.

All you really need is evidence of its effects and inductive reasoning.

Edited by - teknix on Oct 08 2013 03:44:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2013 :  10:18:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's a longshot, but there are instruments that can detect the Chinese meridians and acupuncture points. I don't know if that has anything to do with prana.
Go to Top of Page

teknix

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2013 :  12:34:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In the states they call the phenomena ASMR:
http://www.asmr-research.org/

There is research being done, but the don't give it the credit of prana or Tian Qi, that it deserves. What is the hindu version of Tian Qi? It is prana but more concentrated. Just as qi is a broad term, isn't prana as well?

Scientifically speaking, the name that is used for a phenomena is generally given to the first ones to discover it, and in this case I think it is from the Hindu's if there is a name to define this specific version of prana.

Edited by - teknix on Oct 09 2013 12:38:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2013 :  12:44:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi teknix,

Goosebumps from energy flow (at the body level) can be very common. Have you had any luck in being able to transfer energy to others such that they can consciously "feel" it?

Regards,
Jeff
Go to Top of Page

teknix

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2013 :  2:02:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jeff,
I have never tried it.
Go to Top of Page

teknix

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2013 :  8:50:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think the time is coming pretty soon that I will get a chance. Hopefully I can learn Shaktipat to help others to feel it for themselves. I'm in the process of trying to find a school and practice to follow.

It would be nice if I could learn with others with the same abilities.

Edited by - teknix on Oct 09 2013 9:15:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2013 :  10:02:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If it is true Shaktipat, then a lot of responsibility comes with it. Otherwise, there are many good energy healing systems,
Go to Top of Page

dancer303

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2019 :  06:24:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jeff

Hi teknix,

Goosebumps from energy flow (at the body level) can be very common. Have you had any luck in being able to transfer energy to others such that they can consciously "feel" it?

Regards,
Jeff

I have learned through pranayama exercises to deliberately give goose bumps. Maybe it has something to do with the Prana.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000