Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 SRF Kriya just .99 Cents AYP Overload
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  4:44:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I took SRF Kriya initiation close to 30 years ago. Back then it took 1 year of study and filling out a questionnaire to get the Kriya lessons.

Now if you have .99 cents and an amazon account you can get the Kriya lessons on Amazon. Someone sure dropped the ol copyright ball.

http://www.amazon.com/Kriya-Yoga-Sw...ywords=kriya

Yeah I could not believe it either so I bought the book and can confirm it is close to the way it was taught 30 years ago.

The major differences are that as of 30 years ago they did not teach feeling the breath and current going back over the forehead and feeling on the outside back of the spine during exhalation.

The revised version of 30 years ago keeps everything inside the imaginary tube.

To make a long story short what they teach is Kriya as the SRF organization sees fit and it is not correct Kriya practice.

I have an idea of what it is though and why their methods are close to Yoganis spinal breathing.

At first I was at odds with Yoganis Spinal breathing and his do not pay attention to the scenery stance especially since it seemed pretty obvious to me where he got spinal breathing from in the first place.

After rereading Yoganis Spinal breathing book ( which by the way I suggest everyone purchase as it puts everything freely available on this site in a much more concise order and clears up misconceptions nicely. ) I discovered what it was that was putting me at odds and in doing so it cleared it up immediately.

Ecstatic Conductivity & Ecstatic Radiance coming from deep silence was the missing link I did not understand what these terms were trying to describe and had confused them with the scenery prohibitions, symptoms of purification and overload.

You see what I was reading all over this site were catch phrases that seem to go hand and hand with the AYP culture. These by the way are all excellent but easy to take out of context.

Overload:

Speaks for itself easy to understand I also have a recommendation for AYPers that are overloading due to Spinal Breathing it is simple. Take a page out of the Kriya traditions and stop doing it to time do it to count instead which I know is contrary to what Yogani teaches. A small mala is best to use so you do not have to keep a running mental count. Do 12 spinal breaths with a sincere effort and no more see what happens. Consult your inner guru before attempting more and self pace.

Self Pacing:

Well pretty much practice slowly and find your tempo, test it once in a while to see where you are at.

Crown Avoidance: From experience I can say I agree with this there is no need to focus directly on the crown without first going through Ajna to do so is to overload because you are plugging into the power grid without first using a transformer connected to your house. So plugging into the main power-lines will fry the T.V. better to connect through the circuit breakers in the house via the plug in the wall as the current has been stepped down to manageable levels. Think of Ajna to sahasrara connection this way. Nothing is lost when the connection is made this way it is controlled and manageable not just raw unbridled connectivity.

Don't pay attention to the scenery:

This is the one I was having trouble understanding what seemed like really bad advice. This advice is also given in the Kriya lineages but explained differently. Then I read the book and it explains to favor the practice instead of the experiences. Ah good closer to the way I was taught. To this I thought well yes obvious simply do the practice no problem here. But something is wrong with this advice. There is something wrong because Kriya is experiential in nature you do certain things and always get the result as the consequence of the particular practice.

Purification:

During purification there are many things experienced again favor the practice. Ah yet again good and bad advice at the same time. Still there is something wrong because Kriya is experiential in nature you do certain things and always get the result as the consequence of the particular practice.

Ecstatic conductivity: then I read

Enlightenment is not possible without ecstasy!

Yogani (2008-11-13). Spinal Breathing Pranayama - Journey to Inner Space (AYP Enlightenment Series) (p. 86). AYP Publishing. Kindle Edition.

Not quite sure what enlightenment is supposed to be but I can confirm it is a way to enter samadhi states.

The sensation can traverse the entire spinal nerve from root to brow instantly.

Yogani (2008-11-13). Spinal Breathing Pranayama - Journey to Inner Space (AYP Enlightenment Series) (p. 87). AYP Publishing. Kindle Edition.

Yes exactly this is how it can occur in my experience. This is not scenery.

Even in thread-like mode, our ecstatic conductivity has a radiant quality about it. Like when an electric current travels through a wire, a field is generated whose influence can be felt beyond the wire. In science, it is called electromagnetism. It is the principle upon which all electrical machinery operates – currents producing magnetic fields and vice versa. A similar principle exists with the movement of ecstatic energy within our nervous system. As the inner flow increases, the radiation of ecstatic energy increases also. The increasing ecstatic conductivity within us produces radiance.  We call this ecstatic radiance.

Yogani (2008-11-13). Spinal Breathing Pranayama - Journey to Inner Space (AYP Enlightenment Series) (p. 89). AYP Publishing. Kindle Edition.

Very well described this is not scenery either.

The first leads to the second, and both are cultivated in spinal breathing pranayama over the long term.

Yogani (2008-11-13). Spinal Breathing Pranayama - Journey to Inner Space (AYP Enlightenment Series) (pp. 86-87). AYP Publishing. Kindle Edition.

Incredibly insightful this Yogani describes it so well.

So ecstatic conductivity yields ecstatic radiance, and ecstatic radiance yields ecstatic action for the benefit of all. It is an irresistible radiation of divine love coming from within us. This is the fruit of spinal breathing pranayama. In order for this evolutionary process to progress something more is needed – inner silence. The full flowering of enlightenment involves a special dynamic occurring deep within our inner realms. It is the marriage of two aspects of our nature, which constitutes an advanced evolutionary stage in our nervous system, leading to the completion of the process of human spiritual transformation. It is the marriage of our dynamic ecstatic conductivity with our immovable inner silence – and these two become One.

Yogani (2008-11-13). Spinal Breathing Pranayama - Journey to Inner Space (AYP Enlightenment Series) (pp. 90-92). AYP Publishing. Kindle Edition.

Incredible and correct conclusion this solved my misunderstanding.

What I had to do was look at everything fresh to understand what it was Yogani was trying to get across in his writing.

That is when I discovered I was misunderstanding the phrases and terms he created and had them mixed with one another and to make matters worse was looking at them in a linear fashion of one follows another and experience itself has shown me this is not the case so looking at my experience while doing, I discovered his true meaning which are to say they occur not in a linear one after another fashion in ridged lock step but can be happening all at once or in a sequence or not at all. By breaking down each thing he was writing in an attempt to understand the AYP cultural descriptions I was making the mistake of assigning them to levels and gradations.

This was easy to do because I learned how to go silent and enter ecstatic conductivity and radiance very naturally as if it were like slipping into a warm bath quite a while ago. I thought this was the scenery he was telling people to favor practice over which is still done but not in such a strict this or that function it is all very natural.

So I now agree with Yogani and his terms.

I also understand what Yoganis system and SRF's have in common and why Kriya is different from both. Both systems are designed to allow relative beginners a good starting point to develop from and of course over time as the practitioner develops the practice itself grows with them. In other words it is not just a practice that is suitable for beginners.

Traditional Kriya however is not quite as easy on beginners and does really require a certain degree of inner silence and ecstatic conductivity to truly practice and some just never make the intuitive leaps required.

Yoganis system seems to separate Mantra in deep meditation from Pranayama and is more push the pedal and go practice. Kriya combines many elements in one and until one can blend them without divided attention between Pranayama and Mantra inner silence ecstatic conductivity and radiance for example it remains difficult for people and not possible for some.

Kriya is not for everyone.

Commendations to Yogani for creating a more broadly universal path for so many.

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  3:33:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Experientialknowing,
thanks a lot for your post.

For me however it's the opposite. I find much easier the Kriya practice for a beginner than AYP.

Why? If someone who has a high degree of kinetism (unstable mind)tries to do Deep Meditation as a solo practice like it's encouraged at the beginning stages of AYP, he will have a hard time during meditation, being nervous and almost unable to stay sitting.

In Kriya however you do Maha Mudra (which is the great antinervousness) and Spinal breathing, soothing your system, clearing your blockages, with a practice that is easy to do than Deep Meditation because you are more "entertained", and it leads you to stillnes (and particularly to a calmer state after Spinal Breathing where meditation is a joy).

That is my experience, but other's may vary I suppose, everyone is different.
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2013 :  01:53:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think that the best way to get ready for Deep Meditation is asanas+pranayama
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2013 :  3:01:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The reason you are finding it easier is because you have had a true initiation experience from someone qualified to teach. You are now part of a long lineage of Kriya practitioners.

Part of what happened to you was you became authorized to practice Kriya in the Guru Parama Guru tradition. This is the legitimate and righteous way of learning Kriya.

By initiation the Kriyas have become activated. Prior to initiation you could perform the practice but it would have been far less effective.

Congratulations.

By the way I hope you feel better soon.

quote:
Originally posted by Will Power

Dear Experientialknowing,
thanks a lot for your post.

For me however it's the opposite. I find much easier the Kriya practice for a beginner than AYP.

Why? If someone who has a high degree of kinetism (unstable mind)tries to do Deep Meditation as a solo practice like it's encouraged at the beginning stages of AYP, he will have a hard time during meditation, being nervous and almost unable to stay sitting.

In Kriya however you do Maha Mudra (which is the great antinervousness) and Spinal breathing, soothing your system, clearing your blockages, with a practice that is easy to do than Deep Meditation because you are more "entertained", and it leads you to stillnes (and particularly to a calmer state after Spinal Breathing where meditation is a joy).

That is my experience, but other's may vary I suppose, everyone is different.

Edited by - Experientialknowing on Oct 03 2013 3:03:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2013 :  5:31:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot Experiential knowing! The cold is gone, I am recovered, thanks again.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000