Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 AYP Kripalu Retreat 2013
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Parallax

USA
347 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2013 :  8:43:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to report back from the AYP retreat held at Kripalu over this past weekend. Once again, the whole experience was fantastic! Maha (Shanti) did an amazing job leading the retreat sessions, Doug (Kirtanman) was fabulous leading the kirtans on both Friday and Saturday night, and Rohini was masterful in guiding us through the asana routines. There was a great mix of experienced AYP practitioners as well as some who got their first taste of AYP at the retreat.

The schedule was pretty full with practices, with a Friday evening session, 3 practice sets on Saturday, one on Sunday and 2 evening kirtans. So the effects of the retreat were pretty powerful. But the long walks outside helped to ground the energy and keep things in balance.

For me each retreat experience has been very different, and this time was no exception. I went into the retreat with the bhakti and energy already running pretty high, but interestingly even with the all the practices, this was probably the most grounded I've felt after any retreat I've done. I had to go right back into the work grind first thing this morning which was a bit of a shock to the system, but even so, the transition has been fairly smooth so far.

Thank you to Maha, Doug and Ro for leading the journey and to everyone who shared their Presence on the retreat

Love to you all!!

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  08:40:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Parallax!!!

Your presence and your sharing was a big part of the retreat. It's wonderful when we can all share our wealth of experiences with everyone... every moment is that of learning and growth... and I feel I grew (not taller tho ) so much over this retreat.

The retreat had a very different feel to it, like Parallax said. I am still enjoying the love and presence felt during the retreat. Will write more if it comes up, but overall, it was an amazing experience in being present and going with the flow and guidance of the inner guru.

Thanks to all who were at the retreat and shared their presence so openly.

And thank you to the Skype meditation group... the entire group felt an expansion in that session, and later we realized, it may have been the presence of all of you that helped with it. Thank you Liz for organizing it and thank you everyone who joined in.

Much Love!!!
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  08:55:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All I can say is that it was a magickal experience. Wish I've been for the whole of it.
quote:
thank you everyone who joined in.

Same here indeed. Both on our side and the other.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  08:58:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Mykal!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  08:58:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Mykal!
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  11:23:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It was a wonderful retreat!

I'm a little tired of trying to express experience with words, they never do it justice.

So I'll just say... love you all. Thank you Doug, Shweta and Rohini so much for organizing and everything you did for us.

Love,

Josh

Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  1:00:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

I just wanted to chime in thank everyone for another awesome AYP retreat, as well. It was fun, profound, and filled with powerful practice sessions, heart connections and great conversations with AYPers, both "old and new"

It's all always mutual, and everyone involved contributed to the overall success and beauty of the event - and so, love and gratitude, to all.

Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  6:48:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Too bad I couldn't make it to this retreat - you were all in my heart.

On short notice, I flew to NY to learn a new meditation, spending treasured time with my Rohini and a dear friend that hosted us. Rohini came despite some health issues in her family, wanting to spend time with me. And... Shanti and K'man drove 5 hours to come and meet me (and others), being stuck in NY traffic for the most part.. Although we got to spend just over an hour together, my heart exploded with gratitude to receive such unconditional, deep love. Simply incredulous - who does that?? My husband's response to hearing about this was, "Gosh, they love you that much? Must be something!"

Yep, it is something. Thank you my dearest Shanti, for being my light and guide, for your unceasing love and friendship, for the laughter and sweetness you infuse me with. Not a day goes by without me thanking my lucky stars to have found you. You too, K'man - love you beyond words. Rohini - no words for you sista.

What a community this is!!

Go to Top of Page

Downward Frog

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  10:03:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This was my first AYP retreat and it was wonderful indeed! Thanks so much to all those involved and I hope to be seeing you and meeting new AYP-ers in the future :)

-Paul
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  08:12:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dearest Kami,

quote:
Originally posted by kami

Shanti and K'man drove 5 hours to come and meet me (and others), being stuck in NY traffic for the most part.. Although we got to spend just over an hour together, my heart exploded with gratitude to receive such unconditional, deep love. Simply incredulous - who does that?? My husband's response to hearing about this was, "Gosh, they love you that much? Must be something!"

Oh, it's something, alright!

You and I hadn't spoken in months, but from the moment I heard that oh-so-Kami first sentence over the phone, prior to our arrival ...

"What? You don't remember how to answer your phone?!"

(Per my bluetooth-seatbelt related technical difficulties )

... I knew that seeing you would be as beyond-awesome as it always is -- and it was!

quote:

Yep, it is something. Thank you my dearest Shanti, for being my light and guide, for your unceasing love and friendship, for the laughter and sweetness you infuse me with. Not a day goes by without me thanking my lucky stars to have found you. You too, K'man - love you beyond words. Rohini - no words for you sista.

Beyond-words ... infinitely so, indeed -- all the way here, into the Real, in fact.

And, same for me -- ever-present gratitude for the beauty of the connection we all share, and for the place you each and all have in my heart and my life -- and for which, it feels only right to mention we have AYP (i.e. Yogani) to thank.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  08:40:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kami

Yep, it is something. Thank you my dearest Shanti, for being my light and guide, for your unceasing love and friendship, for the laughter and sweetness you infuse me with. Not a day goes by without me thanking my lucky stars to have found you.

...Always...

and....

The feelings are completely mutual... thank you for all you have done/do for me and given/give me (including the recent tips on darkest brown)
Love you!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  08:44:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Downward Frog

This was my first AYP retreat and it was wonderful indeed! Thanks so much to all those involved and I hope to be seeing you and meeting new AYP-ers in the future :)

-Paul

It was great having you with us Paul!
And thanks for bring this to our attention ...
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=13478

Hopefully we will share many more retreats together!

Much love!
Go to Top of Page

American Baba

USA
48 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2013 :  11:36:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just want to express my belated gratitude for the opportunity to share in the Kripalu retreat last weekend. Shanti’s eloquent guidance and attention to task both kept us organized and focused. Kirtanman’s in-depth analysis of issues, as always, proved quite clarifying for me. Rohini’s sassy presentation kept asana practice engaging. It was great to connect with ”old” friends as well as to meet some new ones. I look forward to seeing you all (as well as others who didn’t make this one) again! Despite their always seeming to pass far too quickly, I believe I benefit greatly from these retreats -- and I look very much forward to the next one!
Go to Top of Page

fenshui

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2013 :  06:37:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I enjoyed very much my first retreat. Thanks to all. Shanti's warmness to everyone became the team's spirit. The personal experiences we shared gave inspiration to all of us. Thank you.
Before I came I was anxious to experience "blissfulness" in meditation. During yoga time, Rohini created smooth flow of asanas touching thoroughly every joints into each segment of fingers and all the muscles even armpits. Our six senses were completely submerged in stillness of the flow. Mind no longer wandered but calmly went along without thought. Not only were we in asanas but also in Pratyahara; controlling mind by detaching senses. One week after the retreat, it just dawned on me that had to be my first blissful experience. Thank to Rohini.
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2013 :  02:38:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Even though I wasn't physically there.
I connected with you guys before meditation during that period. And I could just felt the blissful presence....
Thanks so much for sharing!

Phil
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2013 :  09:57:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been meditating AYP style for a few years, and needed a refresher course to help me sink back into my practice. The retreat at Kripalu was phenomenal. I got so much more out of it than I expected. Shanti and Kirtanman are a great team, not only in explaining the AYP method, but in keeping the focus on the the Love that's behind it all. I left feeling not like "now I've mastered the art of meditation", but that I'd reconnected with the love at my core.

Many thanks to Shanti, K'man, Rohini, and all the wonderful people who attended the retreat. I look forward to reconnecting at the next retreat!

xo
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000