New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2013 :  01:53:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Christi,

I too am very interested but can't confirm this early either due to the nature of my work. My leave plan has to be approved and no way can I get it approved this early.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4369 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2013 :  4:49:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sey,

That's great. I hope you can get leave.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4369 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2013 :  9:15:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sey,

p.s.

Probably best to wait and see if we get enough people to be able to confirm these dates before arranging leave anyway.

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2013 :  02:05:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yep. I really hope we manage to get the number of people we need. Strangely quiet on the front of AYPers from India itself - a couple of them could help make up the numbers

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2013 :  07:38:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

Sorry for the late reply, I am just back from a vacation where I was away from internet. I also face the same leave approval issue - so I can not tell with total surety right now, knowing that the availability of the hall depends on the number of people.

I have not interacted with other members in India except for Sadhak (to purchase the books). Thanks for mentioning it Sey, I can give them a call and they may be able to inform others.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4369 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2013 :  4:35:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone,

I have been asked what the price would be in Indian rupees. It is Rs. 39,000.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4369 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2013 :  12:55:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi guys,

Although there has been quite a bit of interest, unfortunately we have not managed to get enough people to confirm that they are able to come on this retreat by our deadline date, so we are not going to be able to go ahead with an AYP retreat in Rishikesh at this time.

There have also been several requests to find a less expensive retreat centre to make the event more accessible to people on lower incomes.

So if anyone knows of a more affordable venue that we could use to hold an AYP retreat do PM me and let me know. It seems like an affordable venue in an accessible location is our biggest stumbling block at the moment. It could be in India, or somewhere else in South Asia such as Thailand where there is quite a bit of interest in yoga already.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2013 :  01:55:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi and All,

I have started searching and will update here in around an week.

I will remember the cost factor while searching. This makes sense to me too as we (in India and around) are on the wrong side of the exchange rates.
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2013 :  07:40:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Greetings Chirsti and All,

Here are two possible venues that we can think about:
http://theriviera.co.in/index.asp - This is by the Ganges in Rishikesh
http://www.tearoha.in/ - This is in Mukteswar

The first one should be less than INR 20,000 (they are working on the pricing for a group) for 5 days including satvic food. total capacity of 14 people.

The second one has room and tariff details mentioned in the website, and we can definitely bargain for a group and they generally give discounts to groups.

Christi, I tried to mail you from the username, but it did not work from here for some reason. If you please send me a mail, I can discuss the further details with you, and search more if these to do not seem fit.

Would you like to travel to east India near Sikkim? You would need to take a connecting flight then, but we may get fabulous places at pretty low rates. I have not searched there yet but I may if you prefer.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4369 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2013 :  2:26:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Swan,

They both look like great venues. I'll send you an email.

I'm not sure why the mail isn't working from my user name? You can always go to my website and click on contact: www.secretsofyoga.org

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Abhisekh

India
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2015 :  12:09:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Abhisekh's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is probably best.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2015 :  12:20:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000