New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 43

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  1:46:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a problem with it.

Just kidding. I'd like to rejoin the meditation group and list. Thanks for working so hard at all this Shweta.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  2:06:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry Scott.. once you leave.. you cannot rejoin!!!! Just kidding.. glad to have you back..
You start mantra meditation at 11.15am on Sunday.

Now, this brings up one thing I did not cover in my list of "stuff" I have put out with the list of names. I had a discussion on this with a few members.. and we decided... since the current list has people who have received healing at least once.. going forward any new recipient will be added to the list 3rd from the top...
Any objections to this?
Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2006 :  7:42:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shweta,

Just want to thanks you for doing all this work to help us do our meditation group. I have been participating on Sundays but not really doing many posts on the site as I was dealing with an overload of kundalini and was quitening down for a while ( I find even just reading posts gets me going:-)) but now things are more even and have settled down thatnks to Yogani's advice (thank God for Yogani).

So, just a note of appreciation and thanks for the support.

Love, Babaly

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2006 :  8:45:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Babaly.. that was very sweet of you.. but you know.. there would be no group if everyone who is participating... were not to do so.. and same goes with the healing.. so everyone here has as much.. if not more.. part in making this successful as I do.. without the others.. and you .. it would be a regular meditation session for me... So I thank you Babaly and all for participating ... and truthfully.. there isn't much I do.. But thank you anyway...

Edited by - Shanti on Nov 10 2006 9:34:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2006 :  6:01:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just a suggestion.. in addition to Sarah, we could add AYP to our samyama healing for tomorrow...
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  09:50:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a request from Richard. He will not be available tomorrow to receive the healing. So he was wondering if anyone would like to exchange place with him?

PS:If no one speaks up, Scott (you are next on the list) would you be OK with receiving the healing on Sunday 11/19/06 ?

Edited by - Shanti on Nov 18 2006 2:27:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  2:32:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How about we do it for all people in the world, instead of a specific person this time?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  2:39:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott my dear friend.. how about a yes or no?
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  3:00:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh okay, then yes. I was just trying to make your job easier, so you wouldn't have to go through the list and change all the dates again.

Edited by - Scott on Nov 18 2006 3:01:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  3:08:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The dates never bothered her; Shanti was a little more bothered about having to put up a list of the names of all the people in the world. HaHaHaHa

Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  3:31:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha! Yes Shweta, I don't mind at all.
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  3:50:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by david_obsidian

The dates never bothered her; Shanti was a little more bothered about having to put up a list of the names of all the people in the world. HaHaHaHa

That was a very good one, really hilarious
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  5:57:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by david_obsidian

Thanks Scott...
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2006 :  1:36:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the healing everyone.

I really did experience it this time. Towards the end of Samyama there were waves of that lovely minty sensation starting in the area of my heart and then spreading throughout my upper body, The top of my head is still tingling wonderful thank you

Richard

Edited by - Richard on Nov 26 2006 1:40:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  08:02:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cosmic Troll has requested samyama healing from our group.
He was very sick and is recovering now. He would like healing for his health and recovery from side effects of medications.

So in addition to Babaly, please include Cosmic Troll in your Sunday Group Samyama healing.
Thanks All.
Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2006 :  7:51:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI everyone,

What an intense day! My meditation was lovely this morning and then I went to teach my first yoga class. I felt very supported throughout. Thanks for all your blessings.

Babaly
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2006 :  10:21:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shweta, thank you so much for requesting this on my behalf. You're an angel

Thank you everyone who included me in the healing samyama.

Just to report my experience: I felt really good today. I've been suffering with cold symptoms for the last few days. Today felt like a turning point, like I'm now recovering instead of going deeper into sickness. My meditation practices today were super-charged. They took me higher and deeper than they have been recently.

Thank you everyone
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2006 :  11:42:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Shweta for organizing this, looking forward to the healing meditation tomorrow!

all the best,

Anthem11
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  01:14:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all samyama participants,
Since the indiv. healing samyama is on a roll, I wonder whether we could add one issue that we keep at for four (or more)consecutive Sundays. (since we comfortably have added multiple recipients at one go) If it is a well-defined one, we might be able to observe the effect of this (our experiences and experiments with what all we can do for everyone), and if everyone finds it working well, we could make our practices reach out to the world at large... which is one of the purposes of yoga, right? How do you all feel about this?

People here will have practical suggestions about what issues they could be. Maybe a 'yoga boom' (with AYP as catalyst?), may be sudden breakthrough in bio-fuels, maybe peace in Iraq, maybe environmental or spiritual issues. The clear-thinking people need to step forward on this, if this is a do-able proposition.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  05:08:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi sadhak

I see the samyama healing/prayer, and also the group practice as an experiemnt in distant group meditation and healing.

In this regard it must be something measurable, and while the measurement here is not well defined and quite loose, it does provide some loose scientific data on whether it works or not. Perhaps this aspect could be tightened up a bit.

With regard to whether we should "indulge" in providing healing for our own little circle or go further afield to issues like peace in Iraq etc.. I would see no difference in the effect between local healing and global healing - it's all going into the one universal bucket.
Having said that my heart does go out to the children of Iraq and other places, and maybe it would provide some usefull feedback on the effect of this samyama also.

Some 2 cent thoughts
Louis
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  06:33:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As it is very difficult for anyone of us to decide
what is best for the world, I think and feel that
our samyama should be directed with no specific intent,
the only intent should be: "Use this samyama wherever
it is needed most, send Light and Love to the earth
and to humanity wherever and for whatever is needed most."
I believe in a divine consciousness
and the will of that consciousness shall be done.

Love and Light
Wolfgang
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  1:11:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wolfgang

Your probably right
quote:
As it is very difficult for anyone of us to decide
what is best for the world, I think and feel that
our samyama should be directed with no specific intent,
the only intent should be: "Use this samyama wherever
it is needed most, send Light and Love to the earth
and to humanity wherever and for whatever is needed most."
I believe in a divine consciousness
and the will of that consciousness shall be done.

I would see a difference though when someone asks for healing. Although in both cases the intent is let go into the silence and left to the universal intelligence to do what it will.
The way I see it however is that if one brings attention to a person in samyama and lets this go into the silence it gives the universal intelligence a more specific channel to deal with - so basically love and healing will flow if that is the right thing to happen, but more specific use is made of our ability to connect with the silence for a single person.

I would also see someone asking for help in say crossing the road, to be similar to someone asking for help through samyama healing/prayer. If I can help, I will.

To go around imposing help on people that havn't asked for it, or don't want it, however, is not on, it is interference.

my 2 cents
Louis
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  4:59:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just wanted to drop a brief note to thank everyone for the group healing. I really enjoy the group meditations and the energy of these are very different for me than my usual solo sessions. The only way to describe the energy for me today was that it was like being held by a very loving, tender and healing embrace. I feel fortunate and grateful for the experience and hope others are finding it as positive.

thanks to all,

Anthem11
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  7:24:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Louis,

I completely agree with you when it concerns a specific person.
I was however responding to Sadhak's proposal to include
in our samyama purposes for the betterment of earth and humanity.
The proposal of sadhak is still open, and from my side,
the vote would be for it, but not directed for a specific
purpose other than healing for earth and humanity in general.

L&L
Wolfgang
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  11:03:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sadhak wrote:
"Maybe a 'yoga boom' (with AYP as catalyst?), may be sudden breakthrough in bio-fuels"
Actually both of these are already happening! It's exciting if you do a lot of web "research" (in depth clicking). bio-diesel is the most promising, and they are working on processes for reclaiming the chemicals used to make it, different ways of "cracking" the molecules apart ( the main difference between biodiesel and waste vegetable oil is biodiesel is a lighter oil), continuous refining processes, ways to reduce NO2 emissions (the only bad emission from biodiesel)etc. So the science is already do-able, it's just a matter of time and organization.

But back on topic, why don't we leave the group meditation just as it is, and add Sadhak's suggestion afterhealing people. Sadhak could make the call as to what it's for and when it is, and have people answer to join that part, maybe at 45 minutes after the hour or something.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 43 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000