New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 43

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2006 :  5:26:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Near for sharing your experience with us.

Hey Sadhak.. you are it next Sunday..
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2006 :  9:55:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,
(coming out of near hibernation)... yep, thanks for the reminder. I shall rig myself out appropriately at the given hour.
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  12:04:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Report on being recepient this Sunday:

Went in very 'deep'. Was definitely not asleep... but could not later recollect what I 'saw' or 'experienced'. Just remembered that a lot was going on. Probably because I fell asleep during the resting period. That was a first. Usually, if I do my session that late I'm awake most of the night. This time I slept 7 hours straight.
Next day... today... felt quite spry. Some collection of pains pained a lot less despite more than usual exertion. BTW, hurt my ankle just some time before the session, so couldn't sit in the usual siddhasana posture.
Feel quite perky and cheeky (though I give no evidence of it here by virtue of exercising considerable restraint) even after 14 hours of work including 3 hours of to and fro driving in jammy conditions.
Very, very, interesting indeed.

Thank you all.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2006 :  8:02:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am "it" tomorrow. Will be ready for the healing. Thanks all.
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2006 :  05:35:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

I am "it" tomorrow. Will be ready for the healing. Thanks all.

May be you'll become "That" then
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2006 :  12:25:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all.

I am not sure what to make of today. It is strange. About an hour before med. I was suddenly very sad. Meditation was usual. But after that I suddenly got really cold. I had freezing cold energy running up and down my hands and my back. I was actually shivering inside. I fell asleep during rest. I can still feel this ice cold energy running in me.. moving down my arms, legs and back. The small of my back is warm to touch.. but internally it feels like there are ice cubes in there.. I feel really tired and drained... and yet full of live energy (the kind that makes you jumpy inside.. like a caffeine high)... Strange one.. Let you know if this does anything for my practice.
Thanks again all of you...
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2006 :  8:15:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shweta,

Just wanted to let you know I had an interesting experience in the group meditation today. I have missed the last few due to having other commitments etc. I’ll do my best to describe it as truthfully and as accurately as I can remember.

To begin, the meditation was if anything uneventful, perhaps a little more time away from the mantra than usual. During samyama, there was much energy and several times it was like a "shiver" going through me on some of the sutras. It's funny but I don't get those shivers very often, but I do seem to notice them during the group meditations.

When I said Shweta and let it go into the silence the air in my lungs expelled all the way and my third eye lit up and an intense shiver went through me. It was both very unexpected and unusual for me, it just makes me realize the "inter-connectedness" of it all and wanted to share with everyone.

I hope you are feeling well!

A
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2006 :  11:46:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was cold too. I don't turn the heat on this time of year because the sun heats my house a couple hours after the meditation, so I just try to keep warm in the morning. I was cold during this meditation, but ignored it because it often slows me down and helps with meditation.
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2006 :  9:19:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shweta,
I thought it was the weather, but I felt distinctly cold as well... remember waking up in the night for an extra cover, whereas didn't need it the night after. In fact, today got up thinking it is quite warm.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2006 :  08:18:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Victor, you are the shamyama healing recipient for this Sunday 10/22/06...

Edited by - Shanti on Oct 20 2006 08:19:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  2:36:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shweta! I almost forgot.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  9:22:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anthem11

When I said Shweta and let it go into the silence the air in my lungs expelled all the way and my third eye lit up and an intense shiver went through me. It was both very unexpected and unusual for me, it just makes me realize the "inter-connectedness" of it all and wanted to share with everyone.

I hope you are feeling well!

A

Hi Andrew.. phew!!! just saying my name takes your breath away... think what would happen if we ever meet.. he he he.. (just kidding)

But seriously.... What a wonderful experience.. Your experience reminds me of a piece from the Autobiography Of a Yogi..
Chapter 14: An Experience in Cosmic Consciousness

Master spoke caressively, comfortingly. His calm gaze was unfathomable. "Your heart's desire shall be fulfilled."
Sri Yukteswar seldom indulged in riddles; I was bewildered. He struck gently on my chest above the heart.

My body became immovably rooted; breath was drawn out of my lungs as if by some huge magnet. Soul and mind instantly lost their physical bondage, and streamed out like a fluid piercing light from my every pore. The flesh was as though dead, yet in my intense awareness I knew that never before had I been fully alive. My sense of identity was no longer narrowly confined to a body, but embraced the circumambient atoms. People on distant streets seemed to be moving gently over my own remote periphery. The roots of plants and trees appeared through a dim transparency of the soil; I discerned the inward flow of their sap.

The whole vicinity lay bare before me. My ordinary frontal vision was now changed to a vast spherical sight, simultaneously all-perceptive. Through the back of my head I saw men strolling far down Rai Ghat Road, and noticed also a white cow who was leisurely approaching. When she reached the space in front of the open ashram gate, I observed her with my two physical eyes. As she passed by, behind the brick wall, I saw her clearly still.

All objects within my panoramic gaze trembled and vibrated like quick motion pictures. My body, Master's, the pillared courtyard, the furniture and floor, the trees and sunshine, occasionally became violently agitated, until all melted into a luminescent sea; even as sugar crystals, thrown into a glass of water, dissolve after being shaken. The unifying light alternated with materializations of form, the metamorphoses revealing the law of cause and effect in creation.

An oceanic joy broke upon calm endless shores of my soul. The Spirit of God, I realized, is exhaustless Bliss; His body is countless tissues of light. A swelling glory within me began to envelop towns, continents, the earth, solar and stellar systems, tenuous nebulae, and floating universes. The entire cosmos, gently luminous, like a city seen afar at night, glimmered within the infinitude of my being. The sharply etched global outlines faded somewhat at the farthest edges; there I could see a mellow radiance, ever-undiminished. It was indescribably subtle; the planetary pictures were formed of a grosser light.

The divine dispersion of rays poured from an Eternal Source, blazing into galaxies, transfigured with ineffable auras. Again and again I saw the creative beams condense into constellations, then resolve into sheets of transparent flame. By rhythmic reversion, sextillion worlds passed into diaphanous luster; fire became firmament.

I cognized the center of the empyrean as a point of intuitive perception in my heart. Irradiating splendor issued from my nucleus to every part of the universal structure. Blissful AMRITA, the nectar of immortality, pulsed through me with a quicksilverlike fluidity. The creative voice of God I heard resounding as AUM, the vibration of the Cosmic Motor.

Suddenly the breath returned to my lungs. With a disappointment almost unbearable, I realized that my infinite immensity was lost. Once more I was limited to the humiliating cage of a body, not easily accommodative to the Spirit. Like a prodigal child, I had run away from my macrocosmic home and imprisoned myself in a narrow microcosm.

My guru was standing motionless before me; I started to drop at his holy feet in gratitude for the experience in cosmic consciousness which I had long passionately sought. He held me upright, and spoke calmly, unpretentiously.

"You must not get overdrunk with ecstasy. Much work yet remains for you in the world. Come; let us sweep the balcony floor; then we shall walk by the Ganges."

Edited by - Shanti on Oct 22 2006 9:42:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  10:38:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can't say it was quite the experience that Yogananda had, I hope I am so lucky one day!

A

Edited by - Anthem on Oct 22 2006 10:40:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  10:42:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you are that lucky someday, I will bring the broom.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2006 :  07:58:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anthem11

Can't say it was quite the experience that Yogananda had, I hope I am so lucky one day!

A

What you felt may have been a very tiny fraction of what Yogananda did.. (your experience just got this chapter to mind.. thats why I quoted it..)
I am sure you will feel all of what Yoananda did, some day Andrew.. and I am fairly sure it will have nothing to do with Luck...

Edited by - Shanti on Oct 23 2006 08:06:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2006 :  10:57:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shweta!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2006 :  3:36:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure if this was an effect of the healing or not.. I would like to believe it was. I have been doing samyama for over a year now... it always seemed like an extension of meditation.. never could figure out why I was doing it.. it never felt right.. it never really did anything for me... it was the only part of my practice I did not enjoy.. and the first one to skip if I did not have time...

Well samyama has changed over the last 5 or 6 days. When I pick the sutra.. it comes very naturally.. does not feel like just a word anymore... when I let the sutra go.. I feel this energy rise in me.. a very soft, calm energy moves through me.. my whole body tingles.. but very gentle.. very pleasant.. almost like the silence is moving in me.. I don't count my breath any more.. I love it... really was missing on something good all these days.. Have to thank all of you for the healing...

Victor this Sunday, when I said your name and let it go.. I could feel my heart warm up..

Edited by - Shanti on Oct 25 2006 07:47:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  12:17:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
To add to my post 'samyamed' state, observe a progressive increase in the calmness and centeredness I feel.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  07:46:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Louis.. Thanks for starting this...

Edited by - Shanti on Oct 25 2006 07:50:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2006 :  12:36:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shweta, I love you too, and don't forget our dear friend sadhak.

Louis
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2006 :  10:15:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Louis, Shweta, everybody, anybody, I promise I didn't do anything. Really, I swear I didn't do it.. (Backing away nervously) Not my fault. Believe me...I.. Fade out.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2006 :  07:45:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Brett, you will be the recipient of samyama healing this Sunday.

And everyone...don't forget, on Sunday we change from daylight savings time/summer time back to standard time...

Sadhak, your time changes to 9.45pm.
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2006 :  12:33:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the rem. Shweta.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2006 :  2:13:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nicole, you are the shamyama healing recipient for this Sunday 11/05/06...
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  1:34:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Going forward... Our Samyama healing recipient will be the person whose name is at the top of this list.
Samyama Healing Recipient List

If anyone has a problem with this new list please do let me know.
Thanks..

This Sunday (11/12/06).. we start with Sarah...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 43 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000