New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 43

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  1:42:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone and thank you

Lovely meditation and Samyama today and yesterday. I did both!!! greedy aren't I
Go to Top of Page

sushman

India
86 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  11:33:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit sushman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Shanti,

Can you pls add my four-months old son to this week's samyama list? He is not keeping well.

Thanks !!!

Edited by - sushman on Jan 05 2009 09:12:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2008 :  08:06:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your request Sushman. I have added Nived to the Samyama list for this Saturday/Sunday. I will keep him in my prayers.
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  01:07:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti,I would like to be included in the list for healing. Do I have to name the problem/s to receive healing.

Krish (krcqimpro1)
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  08:30:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by krcqimpro1

Shanti,I would like to be included in the list for healing. Do I have to name the problem/s to receive healing.

Krish (krcqimpro1)

Hi Krish,
No you don't have to say what problems you have. We do samyama on just the name and it works better that way (IMHO ).. less trying to control the outcome ya know.. you just take the person's name and let go in silence.. knowing the silence/god/truth knows what is best for the person whose name is taken.

I will add you in.. is it an emergency?.. then I can add you in with Louis for this Saturday, Sunday.. else I will add you to the list and you will be up for healing on Nov 29th and 30th.
Thanks for your request.
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  08:07:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti, pl. add me to the list. Do I need to detail the problems that I require healing for ?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  08:49:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Shanti, pl. add me to the list. Do I need to detail the problems that I require healing for ?

Hi Krish,
No you don't have to detail your problems.

I will add you to the list. Here is how the list works.. the person/people whose name is on top of the list will be up for healing on the dates noted beside their name(s). We generally have one person up for healing every weekend, however, if there is an emergency, we add another person to the list on the same weekend. Maybe this will explain it better.

Can you tell me if this is an emergency?
If yes, I will add you with Louis for this Saturday, Sunday (15th/16th Nov).. else you will be up for healing on Nov 29th and 30th.

Edited by - Shanti on Nov 14 2008 08:59:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2008 :  10:11:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. Shanti. I saw this just now, after responding to your email. No, there is no emergency ! Could you pl. explain to me how this works ?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2008 :  08:36:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Krish,

You will be up for healing on Nov 29th and 30th.

The group starts mantra meditation at 11.15 AM New York time. So India time it will be 9.45 pm. You are welcome to join the group for meditation (and samyama if you have started this).

Some of the countries that participate are:
8.15 am PT (USA)
9.15 am MT(USA)
10.15 am CT(USA)
11.15am ET(USA)
11.15 am Toronto
4.15pm Dublin
4.15 pm UK
5.15 pm Norway
5.15pm Germany
6.15pm Sofia/Bulgaria
9.45pm India.

So we start with mantra meditation at the times noted above. After which people take the name of the person up for healing that day and let it go in silence (do samyama on the person's name). Some people meditate for 10 min and some for the full 20 min... so samyama will be around 11.25 or 11.35 am New York time (9.55 - 10.05 pm India time).

We do have a AYP Global Meditation Group-East but not sure if that is still active.

So for sure we have two groups that will send healing, on Sat and Sunday between 9.55-11.05 pm India time, however not sure if the Global Meditation Group East still participates, and if they do, then samyama will also be done between 11.25-11.35 am India time.

You don't have to do anything special.. just know healing is being sent your way.

I hope this helps.

Do join us for meditation on Saturday and/or Sunday if you'd like to.
Thanks Krish.
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  07:17:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti, thanks. I have not yet started Samyama, as I am just 3 mths into the AYP processes, and I think- just think-, I am begining to experience some inner silence, and would like it to deepen before starting Samyama. What is happening is, about 10 mins. into DM, I just "blank out", and after a little while, jolt out of this "blankness", and pick up the mantra again. It happens twice or thrice each sitting. Is this what is "inner silence", or am I just "nodding off" ?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  1:06:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I have not yet started Samyama, as I am just 3 mths into the AYP processes, and I think- just think-, I am begining to experience some inner silence, and would like it to deepen before starting Samyama. What is happening is, about 10 mins. into DM, I just "blank out", and after a little while, jolt out of this "blankness", and pick up the mantra again. It happens twice or thrice each sitting. Is this what is "inner silence", or am I just "nodding off" ?

Hi Krish,
I will cut and paste the reply I gave you in this post:
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=4717#40432

When Yogani says, the only prerequisite is some "inner silence".. I think he is talking about some sense of silence in meditation. When I started meditating, I had a very active mind.. and I would have 20 million thoughts arising at the same time.. it was utter confusion.. and I guess adding samyama at such a point would be useless.. but if you have even a bit of silence during meditation, you can add samyama.

Here is what Yogani has to say:
quote:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....C_ID=306#103Originally posted by yogani

It only takes a little inner silence to begin to gain some benefit from samyama practice. In the AYP lessons we can leap-frog to samyama as soon as we feel we are ready. See the recent lesson on this at http://www.aypsite.org/269.html

Leap-frogging is not recommended for any other practice in AYP. But for samyama, it can serve us well if we have some inner silence coming up.

How do we know if we have some inner silence? If we find the mantra fading naturally and we are picking it up at very refined and fuzzy levels when we go back to it, then that is inner silence. That is also where we do samyama, at that fuzzy level on the edge of no thoughts at all. It is very simple. It is usually easy to notice if we are picking up the mantra at a refined level. We cannot force this to happen. It happens according to ongoing purification. It will not be refined like that all the time either. It depends on what purification is going on in our nervous system at the moment. If it is refined like that from time to time, then we can benefit from samyama. In fact, samyama will improve our ability to pick up the mantra deep in the mind.

So, if we are having that experience of fuzzy mantra fading away, then samyama will not be a waste of time. If we start too early with samyama, we will not do ourselves any harm either. As always, it is up to you. Here it is: http://www.aypsite.org/150.html Make sure to read the lessons before and after too, so you will get the whole picture.

The guru is in you.

and
quote:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=3696#31999
As is the case with core samyama, inner silence is the prerequisite for effective cosmic samyama. Even just a little abiding stillness from deep meditation will go a long way with samyama, and everything else too.

Yogani also adds:

quote:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=3551#30996
In the AYP lessons, the practices are put more or less in the order of influence and importance. But there can be some shuffling according to individual need. For example, samyama can be moved up the list with good effect. Other things are best left in the order given for undertaking them, like deep meditation, spinal breathing, and the mantra enhancements.

I would recommend adding samyama with sitting practice only to being with.. and once you are comfortable with that, adding cosmic samyama before sleep. Adding sitting samyama and cosmic samyama before sleep at once may not be a good idea... may lead to too much purification.

You can always start samyama, it will not harm you in any way. It may not be as effective if you don't have enough inner silence.. and the practice will change over time as inner silence grows. So if you feel drawn to try it, go ahead and start it.

Also regarding if you were asleep.. well in this lesson Yogani says:
quote:
http://www.aypsite.org/17.html
Meditation sometimes produces a sleep-like state, like you described, but the physiological parameters are different. The metabolism goes much lower than in sleep. Heart rate and breathing are much slower than in sleep, nearly stopped. The body and mind come to a state of complete silence, while still awake inside. The level of rest in the body and mind in meditation is deeper than sleep. It is a different kind of rest that removes impurities; obstructions to consciousness that sleep cannot reach.

Hope these help.
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  06:54:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti and everyone else, Thanks for the Samyama Healing on 29th and 30th Nov. I am watching out for any effects.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2008 :  10:12:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
namaste Shanti, could you plz add on "Jamila" to your samyama healing list.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2008 :  10:27:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

namaste Shanti, could you plz add on "Jamila" to your samyama healing list.

Hi Ananda,
As emergency healing? In which case she will be up for healing this Sunday (tomorrow) since it is too late for Saturday (today) or do you want me to add her name to the list and she will be up for healing on 3rd and 4th Jan?

Edited by - Shanti on Dec 13 2008 11:05:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2008 :  6:18:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Shanti, it's okey you can add her name to the list that's just fine it's not an emergency.

maybe i am hehehe, you could help me with purification thingy happening in my right chest.

keep on the good work.

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2008 :  1:09:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
emergency:

samyama for peace during the outgoing war between Palestinian "Gaza" and "israel."
Go to Top of Page

sushman

India
86 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  09:09:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit sushman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Shanti,

Can you pls add my mom and dad to the healing list?. Both are in their late sixties and having constant health issues.

Thanks much,
Sushman
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  09:21:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sushman,
Will gladly do so. Can you give me their first names or last names or any other way we can take their names rather than Sushman's mom and dad .
Also is this an emergency, if yes, I will add them in for 10th and 11th Jan along with Eitherway. If it is not an emergency I can add your mom in on 24th/25th Jan and your dad on 31st Jan/1st Feb.
Thanks for your request.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  2:02:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,

If it is possible could you add me back to the list for the next week please? I am quitting all marijuana usage this week and am still having some crown energy issues. I'm hoping a little samyama will help smooth out this transition. Thanks in advance.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  2:08:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Will do Carson.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  2:19:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

sushman

India
86 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2009 :  1:14:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit sushman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry for the delay in responding, Shanti.

Their short names are Krishna and Amma.
you can slot them for next available slot.

Thank you !
Sushman

Edited by - sushman on Jan 17 2009 1:38:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  09:43:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Please add my sister Annette to the list.

Many thanks
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  3:53:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Will do Solo.
She will be up for healing on 28th Feb and 1st March.
Thanks for your request.
Go to Top of Page

k123

118 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2009 :  10:19:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Please can I add myself to the list, I have an injured shoulder and it is causing me problems at work with pain a lot of the time

Thank you

Kathy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 43 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000