Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Amrit / Nectar - Experiences and/or Effects?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2006 :  8:48:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Hello & NamaskaraH All,

I've just started experiencing in the last week, and today has been most pronounced, a very tangible release of what I believe would be call Amrit / Nectar, which drips / drains down into my mouth from the region of my soft palate.

It's very sweet, tastes very vaguely minty (it's something that clearly comes from my body, yet is one of the more pleasant things I've ever tasted).

And no, it's not sinus drainage.

Whet not in meditation, it adds a bit to "whole body bliss", mostly in the head and upper body. When IN meditation, it produces a VERY ecstatic reaction (tongue reflexively laps it up in reverse - from the rear forward - along my hard palate - and then it is absorbed into the tissue of my mouth).

Its a consummately erotic and sensual feeling, without being exactly sexual (and I may cross-post this in the Tantra folder -- sexual stimulation seems to facilitate / increase the flow).

It's not that thick - maybe 2-3x saliva, I'm guessing, and has almost a "sweet spiciness", if that makes any kind of sense (i.e. the very very mild "burn" in my mouth is quite enjoyable - like ingesting a designer spice that was designed for ...... me!).

Among the few things I remember reading about Amrit / Nectar is:

A. It's a glorious boon, and a blessing of nearly incalculable value.

&

B. It confers, among other things, immortality.

That would be cool and all, though the idea of mortality in any individual body (well, okay, maybe Madonna's .... ) doesn't actually thrill me that much ---- but I'm not gonna worry about that aspect just yet (and I'd presume those Vedic Rishi dudes were being poetic / metaphorical, except for the fact I've presumed that about other things -- namely "Bliss-with-a-capital-B", itself -- and found that they were being quite literal.)

Anyone have any experience with this?

Any interesting / helpful / good results?

Any bad results?

Any other interesting comments?

Cheers & Namaste,

Kirtanman

PS - Please only speak directly to the immortality portion if you are over the age of 1008.

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  05:42:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kirtanman,
Noooo I'm not speaking from experience; but this experince of yours is a standard one from the book (Can't say about the 2-3x saliva :-)).... I've no interesting comments; only a staid one that you'll see often enough here. Enjoy your experience but stay centred on the practices. No doubt someone will come along soon and add to the sweet and mint... some patience in order here!
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  09:35:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Anyone have any experience with this?"

Yeah, I've had about as much as you. I was in training in the Army to be a medic, and I was drinking out of a camelbak in the evening while relaxing in my bunk and I tasted it a few times. I can relate to when you say the tongue kind of laps it in reverse, since I had the same thing happen. To anyone reading that thinks this is something special, it's really not. It's seriously just like having a sweet juice in the top part of your throat. Nothing seemingly spiritual about it. At least that was the case for me.

But it's gone away for me now.

"Any interesting / helpful / good results?"

I think the more unattached you are, perhaps the more it comes out. I was "letting go" all day, and when I went back to the bunk at night I completely relaxed and was very happy. I wasn't doing any yogic practice for a few months before that...so I suspect it came about from my mental state.

"Any bad results?"

No way. It was just pure sweetness.

"Any other interesting comments?"

I didn't experience any spiciness. It was like pure sweet honeysuckle water, sort of. Pure in that it didn't have any other flavor than itself. It was just subtly sweet.

The perfect flavor! If people could live off of this (which I doubt, but it's possible) then I'd love to learn. It sure beats Mickey Ds, or cooking for myself.

Just let the spiritual fire do the work!

By the way, Kirtanman, I have a question. Do you experience the flow all day? If so, cool!

-Scott
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  10:02:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sadhak

Hi Kirtanman,
Noooo I'm not speaking from experience; but this experince of yours is a standard one from the book (Can't say about the 2-3x saliva :-)).... I've no interesting comments; only a staid one that you'll see often enough here. Enjoy your experience but stay centred on the practices. No doubt someone will come along soon and add to the sweet and mint... some patience in order here!

Hi Sadhak,

I'm fine with patience, as long as I get some feedback right away.

(Yes, that *is* a joke .... possibly not much of one, but it's early here on the Left Coast .....).

In the words of the Mahabharata, "I'm cool".

(No, I'm not 100% sure it says that, but I figure: in close to 100,000 verses it says a little of everything -- so I'm on somewhat safe ground ....)

But-fairly-seriously ----

I do understand, and I appreciate your response -- thanks!

The reason I went into so much detail on the viscousity of "said nectar" is:

A. to try to be clear that I wasn't confusing it was something else (i.e. saliva or sinus drainage)

and

B. to be descriptive enough to help facilitate a "diagnosis", which I've seen here on the forum, repeatedly.

"Ohhhhh -- 2-3x the thickness of saliva .... spicy-minty .... oh, hey ... yeah, that's yer basic Mahalakshmisimhamrit -- nothing to worry about. In the near future, someone will try to pawn a kitten off on you, and the bank will make an error in your favor. Carry on."

Like that.

Or something.

[Note to Self: Restrain from Forum Post response responses until awake ..... <---- "little a" awake .... as in "I'm not a morning yogi"."

Peace & Namaste,

Kirtanman

"Brahmabhuuta hote kaya cha kirtani" - Tukaram

"Through repeating God's name, the body becomes divine."

[as quoted in Play of Consciousness, by Swami Muktananda]

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  11:35:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

These two lessons review the "nectar" cycle within the context of practices and the over all journey:

http://www.aypsite.org/51.html
http://www.aypsite.org/133.html

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  02:02:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks Yogani --- Lesson 133 answers my question, perfectly.

That's one of the greatest things about this Forum, I find: the re-pointers to AYP Lessons are ultra-beneficial.

I assume I'm not alone in the fact that I have read / practiced via the lessons - yet don't always remember seeing a given teaching, or don't always remember where it's found (which is where the Search capabilities of the site / ebooks are truly "our friend").

Thanks again to all for your comments and help.

Peace & Namaste,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  02:18:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

By the way, Kirtanman, I have a question. Do you experience the flow all day? If so, cool!

-Scott

Missed this on the first go 'round -- apologies.

To answer your question:

No, I don't experience it even close to all day -- but lately, at several points during the day, usually in meditation (i.e. 1-2x/day in meditation, maybe 1-3x/day outside of meditation).

And quick clarification: I mean the spinal breathing portion of sitting practice, not meditation itself -- though spontaneous flow has happened at least once, in actual meditation, now that I think about it.

The most direct triggers are spinal breathing and sexual stimulation (and consciously "raising the energy" - which for me primarily boils down to not let my attention be pulled toward my genital region by the stimulation -- but enjoying the sexual sensations along with anything else going on, while keeping my attention on the brow center).

The dynamic seems similar to many AYP Practices -- the first time a result happens, it may be unexpected, and may feel like it took a while to "get there" (or, as in this case, was not consciously sought after at all) --- but then, even fairly minor "nods" in a given direction will "kick it in".

For instance, during the day, even at my office, I'll be working away with my tongue in stage 1 kechari (it just "wants" to be there much of the time right now, which is fine with me) -- and I'll become aware of how *really* good I feel (lots of blissful conductivity, especially in my tongue, right now) --- which causes me (naturally, I imagine ) to feel grateful.

This very brief "interlude of gratitude" seems to trigger the Amrit / Nectar experience (and again, with much more subtlety than when meditating, but it's still far an away more pleasant than anything else I've ever felt during the work day!).

Peace & Namaste,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  10:08:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cool! Namaste.

-Scott
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000