Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Masturbation and sexual energy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ishmael

Italy
3 Posts

Posted - May 28 2013 :  9:31:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everybody,

I'm new to yoga, and I'm starting to read the posts in the forum, which I found quite interesting.

I have a question: when I masturbate without ejaculating, initially I can feel my sexual energy surge, but eventually it fades away. So does masturbation (even without ejaculation) always disperse sexual energy? Is it normal? Can I make it so I increase it rather than disperse it? If I'm trying to build the energy up, would it be better to not stimulate myself at all?

Thanks!

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  10:55:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How do you experience "sexual energy"? Could you say a little more about how it feels in your body and what it will be like to build up more of it?
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  4:16:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Ishmael,

if you are new to it, it is best to start with the "Start Lessons Here" found in the left column of this page under 'Key Lessons.' The sitting practices are the priority, since they drive everything else, but after that you will also find the Tantra lessons that cover the questions you are raising, such as Lesson T47.

It is probably safe to say the uncertainty between prana and physiological response will change to a more clear picture as the sitting practices progress past a certain point.

I haven't got there yet, and to this day sit here listening to this body, trying to figure out what is optimal with tantra. My intuition still says 'it's unrefined energy falling like the sand in an hourglass. Store or cultivate it too much and it will accumulate to block incoming prana. Reset the cycle too soon and the loss accelerates. Purify and bask in greater silence, and the body learns to refine and enter the backwards-flow all on its own.' What is true at one time may vary at another, and between people. So it's a matter of doing your best according to what you feel is right, and letting the changes take place when the time is right.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  1:31:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Aum,

I've been reflecting on what you have written. I like the link to Yogani's teaching. What strikes me now is where Yogani writes: "The best opportunity for doing good with yogic self-stimulation is by doing it on top rising inner silence (pure bliss consciousness) cultivated in daily deep meditation."

I'm struck that you wrote: "Purify and bask in greater silence, and the body learns to refine and enter the backwards-flow all on its own."

I have found that listening to my own body, and how my body responds energetically to practices over time is key. Pleasure refines. I like how you trust the wisdom of your body as the body seeks optimal functioning and tends to automatically self-pace. Our practices and moderate cultivation of sexual energy make space for the natural body-wisdom to do its magic.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000