New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2013 :  9:37:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Such a beautiful and inspiring post!!!! Hope you have more to share

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

Govinda

USA
176 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2013 :  11:39:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste All,

Thanx for all of the kind replies, dear people. I would sincerely like to ask kami and nirmal to go into a little more detail about his/her encounter with the Mahavatar. I suspect we all get similar but unique lessons from the great one. and while my interactions have been largely experiential, expansive and mind-shattering... I wonder if anyone here has gotten any more conceptual teachings? Some words of wisdom or verbal teachings?

I have been touched and it so far as I understand these things, I was lifted to levels way above my natural comprehension, as a gift and/or preview. This Shaktipad has inspired my life and charged my Sadhana, shifting it towards cultivating a deeper union with my source. This boost, coupled with the en suing ecstasy of heightened states of conscious-awareness. Me an ordinary Joe, reborn with an intense yearning to return forevermore, to such planes of indivisible experience.

Om Shanti, Govinda

Edited by - Govinda on Apr 30 2013 11:47:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sudeep

India
21 Posts

Posted - May 02 2013 :  08:45:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Govinda

Anyway, I was reiterating in my mind some of the things Sant Jaimal Singh, of the Radhasoami faith (or Sant Mat), had taught. These folks practice Surat Shabd Yoga, which is in some ways quite similar to Kriya Yoga but without any pranayama. I was initiated into this system in 1982 but left shortly after, as they deride and dismiss the Hindu saints and sages. I really hate religious politics and sectarian competition. Basically, the Radhasoami Faith practices meditation on the Inner Light and the internally heard, Sound Current.

Sant Tulsi Sahib had removed all methods of pranayama and all kundalini yoga aspects from the practice, nearly 200 years ago. Replacing them with total dependence on the physical Sat Guru. so bizarre, considering Tulsi Sahib had no human Gurudeva. But the religion itself, fosters a blind faith in the sole importance on the human Guru's intervention (no comment) .

Sant Jaimal Singh, incidentally, was also known as "Babaji", as are many male gurus throughout India. As all of the teachings of the Radhasoami lineage emphasize, material existence is a blatant lie. The body is considered sinful in nature and it is only when we return to Sat Parush or Heaven, that we will know God directly.

They ascribe to the belief that there are 8 ascending planes of consciousness above the material and only upon the pinnacle, is Divine Being existent in it's true reality. They are transcendentalists and do not believe, as many Yogis and Sufis do, that God is most immanent and wholly substantial within the material paradigm. They are a staunchly dualistic school of thought, as are most religions of mankind.

So, I chose to open my eyes for some reason. I was absent mindedly gazing up at the corner of the room, where the wall meets the ceiling. I could still see the light shimmering beatifically, even as my material eyes saw the shape and lines of the room's interior. I suddenly saw Sant Jaimal Singh sternly looking down at me. He was emanating from the light and while he was known for being a saint of love, in the Sant Mat tradition... yet I felt nothing even remotely similar to love, radiating from his translucent form.

I thought this quite odd. His eyes were both accusing and seemed to look a little bit angry. If you Google his picture, you will understand exactly why I say so. He once referred to the human body as being, "a bag of filth". I never liked such analogies, really, as I feel the human organism is a miracle itself. It is made from cosmic dust and is divinely created to attain spiritual awakening. The only "filth" is that mental delusion which obscures our vision and muddies our thoughts.

So, as my mind revolved around the notion that God is here, now, present and Supreme, within all that exists. I noticed that the face and figure of the Radhasoami Sant began to gradually transform. The odd scowl changed into a beatific expression. A knowing face, radiating inner peace and expressing a love beyond measure. Then I knew that something was going on... Sri Babaji Maharaj, the great Mahavatar, was manifesting within the vision I was having and superseding the image of Sant Jaimal Singh, entirely!

The light grew in intensity and I could clearly see, with my eyes wide open, Sri Babaji's saintly continence and figure. While I had aged more than three decades, he had not aged a day. Our eyes locked and I was drawn into his joyous effulgence. As before, my mind began to stop thinking, I became very still and internally calm. Again, no words were spoken. Ideas in general, seemed somehow crude and cumbersome to me, at that moment.

Hi Govinda,

Thanks for such a beautiful explanation of inner experience. This indeed requires complete dedication or devotion to the path to reach that level.

However, I would like to draw your attention on few comments you made on Sant Mat. Sant Mat did not originated 200 years back and Sant Tulsi Sahib was not the first in the Sant Mat lineage.

The path of Surat Shabd Yoga was always there and there were many sants practicing such path. But the term "Sant Mat" started taking momentum only during 13th century.

During 13th & 14th century, Namdev and Ramananda were notable sants. Then came Kabir, Nanak, Mira Bai, Surdas, Tulsidas, Tukaram and many more. They were not from one lineage, but they all promoted path of light and sound. Importance of Guru-Desciple relationship was mentioned in Gita even. Sant Mat only promoted this relationship, they did not create this.

They never claim to create something new. If you study Sant Mat carefuly, all the Gurus have taught one path only and they claim that this path has been followed since beginning of mankind.

Sant Mat has divided human body into two parts. Below eye - Materialistic low regions. Above eye - Soul region. They stress upon contemplating on above eye regions. So that disassociates itself with kundalini yoga. When after the initiation from a complete guru, one devotes himself fully under the guidance of his Guru, his all chakras are gradually balanced and he doesnt need to bother about lower regions and should meditate to ascend upwards. Then Sant Mat has divided whole cosmos into many grand divisions associating each division with particular sound/light. It is a huge philosophy well documented and time to time explained/verified by many many sants for past many centuries. We can not simply discard it. :)

They do not deride and dismiss the Hindu saints and sages. Most of the people are only involved with religious dogmas. People feel that after they have attended temple, heard or sung chanting/religious songs; they have done enough spiritualy. Sant Mat rather says that we need to move further and start practicing Meditation. When one already adopted inner path of sound and light, there is no need of any such dogmas.

Sants say this body is full of filth. This should not be taken so literally. They mean that while living in this body, we only follow our mind which has descendent to lower regions and is slave of 5 senses. So we are collecting only filth under the domain of mind & senses. We dont even recognise our soul.

btw, have you ever contemplated on why you found Baba Jaimal Singh's form in anger ???? What are your takes on this ? And then why you found Sant Babaji Maharaj's image superseding Baba Jaimal Singh ?? Any clue ?? :)

More Info on Sant mat:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sant_Mat

Thanks & Regards.

Sudeep

Edited by - Sudeep on May 02 2013 09:36:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

Govinda

USA
176 Posts

Posted - May 03 2013 :  10:38:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Sudeep,

quote:
Originally posted by Sudeep

Hi Govinda,

Thanks for such a beautiful explanation of inner experience. This indeed requires complete dedication or devotion to the path to reach that level.

However, I would like to draw your attention on few comments you made on Sant Mat. Sant Mat did not originated 200 years back and Sant Tulsi Sahib was not the first in the Sant Mat lineage.

The path of Surat Shabd Yoga was always there and there were many sants practicing such path. But the term "Sant Mat" started taking momentum only during 13th century.

I apologize for any misunderstanding my words may have elicited, but I never said Sant Mat was created by Sant Tulsi Sahib, only the term "Radhasoami", as a specificity in practice and an ensuing religious sect. Sants have always been present upon this world, always will be (regardless of lineage or spiritual tradition).

quote:
During 13th & 14th century, Namdev and Ramananda were notable sants. Then came Kabir, Nanak, Mira Bai, Surdas, Tulsidas, Tukaram and many more. They were not from one lineage, but they all promoted path of light and sound. Importance of Guru-Desciple relationship was mentioned in Gita even. Sant Mat only promoted this relationship, they did not create this.

Of course, dear friend, As God is Supreme and exists everywhere, immanently present within everything, as everything, and yet not limited by any particular form or substance... what we experience with the Inner Light and Sacred Word, are wholly universal. They have without a doubt existed since Brahman initiated quantum fluctuations, thus the indivisible exploded into substantial form, as Ishvara, and in so doing, manifested the Omniverse as we understand it through our sentient consciousness (God dreaming of being the many).

Hence, true Sants have existed on innumerable planets, for eons of cycles of galactic manifestation, full bloom and dissolution... and surely, they always will. And I agree, Sant Mat (Path of the Masters) predates any religion we know on this planetary body, our Earth. During the last Satya Yuga, there were certainly Sants teaching Surat Shabd Yoga.

And I must emphasize here, that even before my initiation into Sant Mat, way back in 1982, I was already practicing Inner Light & Sound mediation. I learned these methods from the Self Realization Fellowship, Sri Swami Paramahansa Yognanda's organization in the late 1970s. I was re-introduced to them through Sri Swami Sivananda's Divine Life Society (by way of Sri Swami Satchidanada). And also, through the path of Sufism, as taught by Pir Vilayat Khan. Not surprising though, is it?. One Light, one word, one God... as all is irrefutably, Indivisible Divine Consciousness.

Lord Rama was the first historical figure we can name with any modicum of certainty, figured by astrologers as being over 7,000 years ago (January 10th, 5114 BCE). Yet there were those long before his advent, and there will be those after our sequence of material existence. But time is one of the greatest illusions we humanoids experience, as we incarnate within the dreamscape of ourselves. Lord Krishna, Zarathustra and Elijah followed... and it is a testament to the living reality of Spirit, that truth shall always bloom within the human condition.

Yet, we as humans, cannot feasibly perceive of the Absolute in relative terms. We cannot understand the Eternal from a sequential standpoint, one fixed within the time-space-continuum. We cannot comprehend Infinity from a limited and isolated mortal perspective. Nor can we wholly grok the formless, insubstantial quintessence, from a definitively subjective vantage point.

The Indivisible Unity cannot be known by the self which is consciously apart from the reality of The Oneness. We must wholly transcend ego-self... and merge into the Divine Field, to know God directly. So, one could easily say that all religions are symmetrical with Sant Mat, in the truest sense of things (and visa versa).

quote:
They never claim to create something new. If you study Sant Mat carefuly, all the Gurus have taught one path only and they claim that this path has been followed since beginning of mankind.

Yes, I agree in principle but not is any specificity or cultural lineage. And I actually have studied Sant Mat, quite deeply, when I wore a younger man's cloths. I was initiated and was involved with this path for more than 2 years. I am still deeply inspired by the wisdom of Sant Sawan Singh and Sant Kirpal Singh.

And I believe that it is most obvious that it's roots are wholly Yogic, quite naturally so. But more importantly, without any labels, rational terms or human quantification, human souls perceive the light and sound current as within oneself, as oneself.

quote:
Sant Mat has divided human body into two parts. Below eye - Materialistic low regions. Above eye - Soul region. They stress upon contemplating on above eye regions. So that disassociates itself with kundalini yoga. When after the initiation from a complete guru, one devotes himself fully under the guidance of his Guru, his all chakras are gradually balanced and he doesnt need to bother about lower regions and should meditate to ascend upwards. Then Sant Mat has divided whole cosmos into many grand divisions associating each division with particular sound/light. It is a huge philosophy well documented and time to time explained/verified by many many sants for past many centuries. We can not simply discard it. :)

Of course not, and I never suggested discarding any documented path, scripture or any method. There is only one reality and it is Divine. All paths lead to this same place, the present here & now. When we understand that this is the only moment and that there is only one being present in all of the Omniverse... we are merging within the Godhead, directly. So, I feel that there is really nowhere to go and nothing to achieve (for we are the That same consciousness, looking out from myriad views). This is it! Heaven exists unilaterally, if we only take note of it's effulgence. God is the only reality and our dream of a separate, isolated existence is just an appearance, a passing play of energy, flowing ceaselessly. A mirage we perceive as we dream this earthly existence into being.

quote:
They do not deride and dismiss the Hindu saints and sages. Most of the people are only involved with religious dogmas. People feel that after they have attended temple, heard or sung chanting/religious songs; they have done enough spiritualy. Sant Mat rather says that we need to move further and start practicing Meditation. When one already adopted inner path of sound and light, there is no need of any such dogmas.

Sadly, this is not so. To the contrary, it is a habitual condescension, shockingly pervasive throughout the sect. The Sant Mat masters routinely and condescendingly place Saints like: The illumined Sri Babaji Maharaj, Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa, Sri Lahiri Mahasaya, Sri Aurobindo, Hazarat Inayat Khan, Sri Ramana Maharshi (and just about all other masters from any other path [those not being of the lineage of Sant Mat/Radhasoami Faith], as attaining realization of ONLY the lower astral planes). The lower astral planes? Lower? How ridiculous is that? This is completely absurd and wholly untrue. It breaks my heart to think that such ideas are regularly taught in lieu of spiritual truth.

Sant Ajaib Singh even included Lord Buddha, Jesus Christ and Mohammad in this incomplete category! I heard him say so myself, in 1983. I honestly doubt Sant Kirpal Singh felt this way... but he did repeatedly say that the Hindu Yogis only ascended to the "lower astral planes". I know this to be wholly untrue. How odd, indeed.

Sant Ajaib Singh said word for word, in June of 1983, "All other paths lead into the mouth of Kal. Only Sant Mat can lead the soul to God". He was not an enlightened man, I can attest, and his cult is one of the most closed-minded groups I have encountered! From what I've seen only the Jehovah's Witnesses are more extreme in their fervent control over their flock.

Groan... Ajaib went as far as to claim that if any one of the Satsangi spoke irreverently about any of the Sant Mat/Radhasoami Perfect Masters, that the very Sant would magically become a poisonous viper and KILL THEM DEAD with one lethal bite!!! Then, that poor soul would have to be re-incarnated as a dog or a pig, as criminal penance for questioning the wisdom of the Sat Guru.

This was also the underlined threat against any initiates revealing the 5 Sacred Nams, of the Sant Mat Simran (mantra-repetition). I am not personally in favor of such harsh dogma. My God is all about love and healing. And what's the big deal with all the secrecy?

Should not God's effulgent name be spoken euphorically? Don't we often joyfully chant "Hari Krishna, Hair Rama"? "Hallelujah", "Hosanna Hey Sanna, Hosana Hey" and "La ilaha ill Allah Hu"?

Such insanity is not in any way shape or form, Sacred Gospel, nor is it any inspired spiritual Dharma. It is a threat and a great lie... used to propagate control over easily influenced devotees. So totally uncool. And it would appear that some of the modern Sants have inarguably degraded the path into a cult of personality, a limited and selective form of worship. This is even worst than blind idol worship, IMO. My Deity exist everywhere. My Lord is shining in everyone and loves all equally. Sorry for being so blunt but I will not accept such one-upmanship as any kind of spiritual truth. It's rooted in mind stuff, club politics and sectarian egotism.

Pride and religious competitiveness have manifested such slanderous disdain. Frankly, it is completely false... and quite misleading. And if one is truly clear in one's objective research and completely impartial, there is much documentation of these dogmatized prejudices, expounded by Masters of the Radhasoami Faith (starting with Sant Tulsi Sahib). It's ironic, as Sant Kabir was initiated with the Mantra "Ram", by a Hindu Yogin.

They systematically and emphatically claim that "Yogis only access the lower astral planes". They go so far as to claim Avatars like Rama and Krisha, were servants of Kal (the negative force), themselves co-authors of the illusion of mortality and neither had these Avatars reached the eighth and highest plane above the material realm, the Heavenly abode of Anami. This makes no sense, whatsoever.

Sigh... I can quote innumerable examples but nonsense that would steer this thread away from it's original subject, the effulgence of Sri Babaji Maharaj. But I digress...

I have found from my own experiences, that the Light and Sacred Sound Current are essential to Hindu Yogic Dharma, Zoroastrianism, the Judeo/Christian traditions and Sufism. All scriptures reference aspects of these phenomena, and I must stress... that much of the conceptual banter about this and that plane of consciousness, are juts that, conceptualization.

There is naught but God existent on any and all planes of consciousness. La ilaha il Allah Hu! This is the only reality. But for we humans, Sadhana is required to cause the shift in one's awareness. Whether practicing Kriya Yoga, Surat Shabd Yoga or Zazen... only when the mind is completely silent, can said reality be known directly. And so, the direct immersion and eclipsing of self with the Supreme Being.

IMHO, fixation upon the differentiations betwixt the planes is a misnomer, for when we reach the highest level, we recognize that same Divinity upon each and every plane of existential being. Brahman is within all things and exists as the sole essence, manifested in all things,as all things.

The ascending planes are membranes which separate immense strings of cosmic mind. These become more and more subtle... until there is no relative mind left at all, to perceive any remaining duality. Thus, God or the Unified Being, is known as oneself, seen within all things and felt within the Sacred heart. We ground this epiphany with love and compassion and move beyond dogma, as we integrate the quintessence of the Sacred vibration, through our brief sequential journey.

The whole purpose of Simran or Namah Japa, is to cause the mortal mind is to become quieted and stilled. When mental silence is achieved, Light and the primordial sonic vibration, lift the awareness into the Divine state. In such immense quietude... the ego incrementally dies. No separation is noted by the indwelling witness, nor does any self perceive the subjective play of this or that. Omniscience is all- pervasive.

Full immersion absorbs the veil of our fleeting isolation from the Unified Field of Being. All is known as oneself and oneself is a translucency of sorts. All is irrefutably One. Sri Yukteswar himself wrote a book called, Surat Shabd Yoga.

quote:
btw, have you ever contemplated on why you found Baba Jaimal Singh's form in anger ???? What are your takes on this ? And then why you found Sant Babaji Maharaj's image superseding Baba Jaimal Singh ?? Any clue ?? :)

That sounds like a loaded question, my friend. And I honestly erred with the name of this individual. I left that path 30 years ago and will admit, I was confused as to this human being's name. So, I am most apologetic, for I mistakenly named this Sant incorrectly. It was Sant Huzur Maharaj's visage, not Sant Jaimal Singh's, that I saw. My bad. (am I ever embarrassed).

I will edit my earlier statements, as they were done in haste, on my way to work, rushing to get there without being late to punch in on the time clock. Again, please forgive my mistake, mixing the correct names of these two Radhasoami Sants.

But that being said, I suppose I do have many clues as to how this thought bubble arose within my head. The human face reveals many things but for my own unique path towards God, love is as easy to read as the beauty of the cosmos above our heads.

Love is of itself, Omniscient and Divine. It is reflected upon the visage of human beings and can be clearly seen in the eyes, upon forehead and the subtle posturing of the mouth, as they echo it's radiance. Sri Anandamahyi Ma is a superb example of such a high frequency of human attunement, as was Sri Sitaramdas Omkarnath. Such bright lights shining beatifically!

And admittedly, I may err in my fragile understanding, as I am just another pilgrim along the Great Way. But this is a link to some of the pics of Sant Huzur Maharaj. Somehow his image appeared before my mind's eye and then, my two physical eyes. And I confused his name with another person. Again, forgive my silly mistake.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...1600&bih=797

And I sincerely hope that I have not misjudged or projected anger upon his features. There are numerous photos clearly showing his facial expressions. He often looked kinda "grumpy", as we say in America. But it was only my personal impression, that briefly inter-phased within my pre-Samadhi contemplations.

But more than anything else, it is my sincere hope and prayer, that we can move beyond sectarian differences and unite in one joyous awakening. All is One!!!

Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti

Edited by - Govinda on May 06 2013 08:55:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

Govinda

USA
176 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  08:53:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste All,

I am quite curious to know if any others have had direct contact with the great sage, Sri Babaji Maharaj. And I'd love to hear more from those who have confirmed that they have been touched by his Grace. Or for that matter, any souls who have had any meaningful experiences with his disciples: Sri Lahiri Mahasaya, Sri Yukteswar or Sri Paramahansa Yogananda. Don't be shy folks, would you mind sharing a bit of your spiritual communion?

Om Shanti, Govinda

Edited by - Govinda on May 06 2013 08:56:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  09:01:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Govinda,

I have experienced/shared the light of both Sri Babaji Maharaj and Sri Paramahansa Yogananda.

Best wishes, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  09:29:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I treasure the appearances of Paramahansa Yogananda in many of my dreams over the past 30 years and find myself chanting "Babaji" at sexual climax for many years too.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  11:53:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Govinda,

Thank you again for your beautiful posts. They have had a huge impact here.

Babaji has become an integral part of my life and path, in a very short time. I sense his presence whenever I wish to, but the most intense connection occurs through the central channel (sushumna) and being drawn upward. This going "within" the central channel is something that happened by chance, to discover that there is a wider communication pathway "upwards" for lack of a better term. My entire being is pulled or drawn beyond the crown, to about 1-2 feet above. Here, communion with Babaji (and many other sages) takes place. There is loss of body perception and a single magnificent point of awareness remains. I lose track of time and space, and Babaji is all there is. He and I become one.. Often, this is so intense that I feel sort of burned upon returning to normal functioning.

This particular sort of thing is something that I cannot "make" happen - Babaji determines when and how. A few weeks ago, I seemed to wake up suddenly from one such reverie, and something within had changed - since then, Babaji is no longer "out there". His light is seen within constantly. I don't need to ask him anything. Any doubt that comes up seems to melt in his grace, light, and most of all, love that I had never before known.

Love,
kami
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  12:58:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
His light is seen within constantly. I don't need to ask him anything

nice
Go to Top of Page

psiberangel

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2013 :  1:26:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

Thank you for sharing your Babaji stories, Govinda. I am new to this forum and would like to share a couple Babaji experiences as well.

I used to go to meditation classes back in the late 80s. I used to achieve extremely deep states of trance in them. In one of them, I was in very deep. To my right, I saw a beautiful looking man standing next to me. He had brown skin, brown eyes, and long brown hair. He was wearing a white one shouldered sarong like outfit. He was speaking to me. He was telling me to tell people something. When he finished talking, I couldn't remember what he said. I asked him to repeat it again. Instead, he laid what appeared to be a blanket in a multi-colored chevron pattern on my lap. Then, he vanished. I realized that I was seeing the room and everyone in it through my closed eyelids. I also could still see the blanket (which I could feel on my lap). I wondered how long it would stay there. After a few minutes it faded out with my enhanced vision. Not too many years later, I found a picture that looked exactly like the man in my meditation. It was of Babaji. You know, the one written of in "Autobiography of a Yogi".

Around the same time frame, I was getting rebirthing sessions. In the middle of one session, I started to experience what is called tetany (paralysis due to energy trying to clear blocks in the body) in my legs and feet. I was having a difficult and painful time of trying to get the blocked energy to move. Then, when it seemed hopeless, I felt hands massaging the soles of my feet. I asked my rebirther if she was at my feet. I heard her voice coming from my side saying "no". I opened my eyes and saw a beautiful and ethereal apparition. It was Hadiakan Baba. He was in his 18-year-old guise. He was wearing a shimmering yellow and orange one sleeve sari which reminded me of the colors of a goldfish. He also was translucent. I could see the rest of the room through him. He had a hand on each of my feet and was massaging the soles. He would move my feet and as he did that, my feet would move even though I was not able to move them myself. When he was finished, he took his hands off of my feet and bowed at them as if in deep prayer or meditation. The tetany then released and I could feel the energy flow out of my legs and feet. All the while this was happening, I was reporting this to my rebirther. He sat at my feet for several minutes then faded away. Thank you Babaji for your help when I needed it!

I had no conscious desire to meet him, yet I did. I guess I might have some connection to him since he showed up and I read that it can take quite a bit of effort on his part. I don't consider myself to be anyone special even. I'm not even that great with my practice and can be quite undisciplined. But, now, I feel the urge to get back to a better way of spiritual practice as I think on these things. Thanks for letting me share.

Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2013 :  2:24:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great stuff psiberangel!

So inspiring to hear of experiences like yours. Many thanks for sharing.
Go to Top of Page

psiberangel

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2013 :  5:08:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You're welcome BillinL.A. I'm glad I could share.
Go to Top of Page

BudhdheePrakash

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2013 :  10:02:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Greetings All,

After reading this post, I feel compelled to share with you all the magnanimity of Mahavatar Babaji.

He is more generous and compassionate than any parent can be to their children. With all the unadvisable activities that I compulsively indulge in, I do not consider myself a virtuous person by any stretch of imagination but my god knows that I try to follow the advised path.

Anyway, during my last stretch of regular meditation, I was asking for help from all corners when during a meditation session Baba showed me my previous life where he was mourning my young death and I was asking him why is he sad because he knows more than anyone else that death is just a change of garb. later it became clear to me that since that death, I had to wait hundreds of years atone for my Karma and he was sad for that.

As I write this, I can recall his compassion from the vision and my eyes are welling up hence I will conclude by saying that he is so compassionate and soft hearted that you will be amazed. He never ignores anyones request for help.

Now that I remember in this life too that he is my eternal Guru, all my fears and worries are gone.

Thank you a million times for starting this topic.
And even more thanks to Yogani for creating this encouraging environment.

On Namah bhagvate vasudevay !
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2013 :  07:04:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BudhdheePrakash

Anyway, during my last stretch of regular meditation, I was asking for help from all corners when during a meditation session Baba showed me my previous life where he was mourning my young death and I was asking him why is he sad because he knows more than anyone else that death is just a change of garb. later it became clear to me that since that death, I had to wait hundreds of years atone for my Karma and he was sad for that.

Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful experience BudhdheePrakash.

I have wondered if Babaji isn't the highest aspect of our own self - most compassionate, most loving, most wise.. Not out there somewhere, but always here, the guru within.. Which is why he is so easily accessed by anyone.. Hard to speak or write of Babaji without getting choked up, isn't it?

There is a very enjoyable and inspiring autobiography that features him quite a bit by Sri M - Apprenticed to a Himalayan Master...

Love.
Go to Top of Page

Govinda

USA
176 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2013 :  11:38:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kami

I have wondered if Babaji isn't the highest aspect of our own self - most compassionate, most loving, most wise.. Not out there somewhere, but always here, the guru within.. Which is why he is so easily accessed by anyone.. Hard to speak or write of Babaji without getting choked up, isn't it?

Dear Sister kami,

Yes, I fully agree with you! It seems so very clear at times of greatest meditative focus and deepest spiritual absorption. I feel that this is so, because the closer we get to the true reality behind the passing appearances, the more we each come to manifest more and more universal traits and become more and more the living embodiment of the Godhead. Sri Babaji Maharaj is so in tune with Brahman and so immersed within the Divine Field of Being, that he is truly one with the Sacred essence existent inside of all sentient Jivas.

Yet, he is appearing to each of us as his own unique human form. I honestly believe that the more one surrenders willingly, and becomes devoted to adhering to his immanent presence within us, the more we lose ourselves in the attunement. In my own experiences, this leaves very little separation between myself and my Master.

And Sri Babaji Maharaj is not just patiently awaiting our earnest approach, he is also graciously reaching to us from our own highest center of being. Eternally calling our souls to awaken, to bring us to that special understanding of who we all are... and what our lives really are all about. The message I have been taught is equally about Jnana and Bhakti. Union is arrived at from each stream of devotion.

We are here to understand each other and love all beings as ourselves. Wisdom is seeing our direct interconnection, love erases all barriers from each other. Knowledge is the freedom within the expansion of the mind. Love is the buzz we joyously share together, in seamless unification!

When we see without ignorance, that all that exists is the same force, that all the expressions of life are truly One singular current of conscious-awareness... we are freed of the mirage of our individual minds. Jivatman is in reality Paramatman. All is One. Then how can we be lost within the illusion that there is a sequential journey to be taken towards realization of this Supreme Truth? We have the choice to fully awaken in this very lifetime. We are implored by Sri Gurudeva to choose wisely, not to waste the opportunity to bloom!

For there is no past, there is no future, as only this present moment truly exists and it is wholly unfettered by the time-space-continuum. Incarnation is one of the most difficult of illusions to see beyond. We have always been here, we will always be here, and this is all that there is/was/will ever become (shimmering beatifically). Within the movement is a stillness so vast it defies human description.

Only within our dreams and illusory samskaras, are we blinded to the Holiness of this timelessness and blinding effulgence, right here & now. Inside of everything is God, as it is it's very own source and it's spiritual perfection is blooming eternally. When we take notice and hold this focus... we awaken. We taste the Amitra of Remembrance.

While everyone and everything may seem to ceaselessly change... as surely, living souls do seem to come and go, gradually evolve and gradually ascend into the full realization of this pure fulcrum of conscious-awareness, it is also clear that we have always been here. All incarnations, in all places and in all eras are happening simultaneous. I am reminded of Meher Baba and his illuminated declarations. He was being most truthful and sharing his great vision.

I have found that when I merge the deepest within the Light, I discover that there is only one Omni-consciousness prevalent in all of creation. It shows itself through myriad forms and expressions but is still unbroken and indivisible. This is God, That is God, we are all That. Tat Tvam Asi.

The only constant is the innate Divinity residing within the morphing appearances seen through the lens of sentient minds. We are all the very same entity on the inside. Brahman created out of Brahman (as naught else exists). All of this universe is God's Lila. And it is Brahman that assumes the myriad expressions of manifestation and the dissolution of those limitless manifestations.

So yes, on a very profound level and in this enigmatic light, Sri Babaji Maharaj is our higher self. As are Krishna, Zarathustra, Buddha, Mahavira, Lao Tzu, Socrates, Christ, Mohammad, Shankaracharya, Kabir, Rumi, Sri Ramakrishna and Sri Ramana Maharshi (not to mention many others). We essentially, only have one higher self, one without any definitive form or lasting fixation to any transient appearance.

And when we get closest to understanding it's Sacred quintessence... we are no more just separate selves awaiting enlightenment, we are the very embodiment of the Godhead which abides everywhere (in complete harmony with this resplendent knowledge)! This is true freedom, this is Moksha. Heaven is here and we are Angelic beings. Ego was only the husk containing the kernel of Divinity, all along.

Seeing all of the infinite variances, progressive levels and ascending planes dissolve into the Supreme Unity is our natural predisposition. If we step back from the passing show of Maya, we perceive the Sacred Dance in all passing phenomenon.

Ours is the choice to access the core reality of this moment, to see with immediacy, the Divine as most present and fully unbound by any fixed form or even the thinnest membrane of finite substantiation. We are all undeniably That.

Again, Tat Tvam Asi. This is the only reality, the glory of God and our truest Omniself, is forevermore blossoming effulgently for the sheer joy of existing. This is some of what I believe I have begun to learn at the lotus feet of my Sri Gurudeva.

Om Namo Bhagavate Satchidanada

Edited by - Govinda on Jun 26 2013 9:11:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2013 :  8:08:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Govinda,

Thank you.

What I was trying to say is that Babaji (or other gurus I'm drawn to) as well as my Ishta initially seemed like separate entities that I could call upon and commune with. But all of that is shifting, to where I can't say "where" they are and where I am, and if we have ever been separated. It seemed that they were, that there was a one-to-one connection with each. But now, the line between "them" and "me" has blurred - they and I are here, there, and everywhere. At times, I experience myself as my beloved Krishna. And as much as I adore his sweet form, he has become a shimmering formless entity that explodes out of the trees, the grass, the flowers, the bugs, the couch, the people I meet.. And out of and within myself.

My mind wants to ask Krishna or Babaji something, but my heart fuses into them and the asking dies away. They say "ask", and all I can ask for is "You, only You. Nothing else. Forever and ever, just You."

You say Jnana and Bhakti lead to the same thing, but I don't know how they are different. The more I surrender to my beloved Ishta, the greater the clarity, and ability to rest as awareness. The awareness is Krishna as are the phenomena arising in that awareness - never-ending explosions of the shimmering and formless within each other. How to tease out the heart from the intellect? Where is the point of one's origin and the other's end?

You say we have a choice, but I don't see that I do, as explained in another thread: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=13093
No, not even to pick an ice cream flavor! When I began asking "You and only You" and meaning it, Krishna took it quite seriously it seems. Everything I think is mine is shown not to be - including my "choices". He appears quite literally "in my face" to remind me of our contract - only Him. Not even that asking is mine.. Is there really a choice to see the core reality? Whose choice is it?

Much love.
Go to Top of Page

Govinda

USA
176 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  12:17:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by kami

Dear Govinda,

Thank you.

What I was trying to say is that Babaji (or other gurus I'm drawn to) as well as my Ishta initially seemed like separate entities that I could call upon and commune with. But all of that is shifting, to where I can't say "where" they are and where I am, and if we have ever been separated.

Me too. On one level I understand that the master is also an individual soul essence but on another parallel level, the Master is within me and not separate or apart, at all. I like the way your express this subtle epiphany. Free will and Divine will are two sides of the same proverbial coin. when we learn when we truly are, and touch the face of God, only to discover that it is our own face... where is there any separation or distinction? I tins simply one will and the choices are preordained to be as they are.

"Not my will but Thy will, oh Lord"

quote:
How to tease out the heart from the intellect? Where is the point of one's origin and the other's end?

You say we have a choice, but I don't see that I do, as explained in another thread: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=13093
No, not even to pick an ice cream flavor! When I began asking "You and only You" and meaning it, Krishna took it quite seriously it seems. Everything I think is mine is shown not to be - including my "choices". He appears quite literally "in my face" to remind me of our contract - only Him. Not even that asking is mine.. Is there really a choice to see the core reality? Whose choice is it?

Much love.

Well said!!! I agree that ultimately, there is only one doer and that is God. Likewise, the deeper we touch this state of unity, the more unreal our ordinary perception seems. And the only reason I use terms like "free will" or "personal choice"... is because when the mind is active in the world of doing and achieving, AKA life on planet earth, it needs a central focal point to inspire it to freely move beyond dualities and polarities. Arguably, this is using subtle aspects of duality to transcend all degrees of duality.

In such a state of individuated mind seeking Moksha, itself but a passing mirage, the Jiva requires direct intention to fully bloom. Intent is the freedom of will to act by one's direct choices, and it is a Divine principle in the human organism. We do choose to awaken, even though there is no actual egoistic choice being made, for we are impelled by Higher Mind (Paramatman) to expand beyond this dreamscapes of our own creation and to intentionally merge within the Supreme Ishta.

We are each compelled to bloom by the nature of the Sacred stream flowing within us. So, I do see your perspective as quite valid and deeply honor your vantage point. There is line we cross, whereby the subject and the object of our devotion, know no distinction. Through incremental surrender and gradual attunement, we are wholly immersed in the object of our devotion and no membrane of separation is even possible, if we are still enough to freely merge as one singularity of conscious-awareness.

So, it's kind of a paradoxical situation to speak about. We must forge our concentration to a refined level and degree, so that we can think of nothing but the Divine Being. Yet, the urge is so natural it's like the honey bee instinctively going to the flower (where the nectar awaits). What else could it do? the bee,the blossom and the nectar are all one energy, one Sacred dance. In this light, I am in complete agreement with your stance. Intent and freedom of choice are just the thought bubbles arising. The playful masquerading of the Godhead, as it blooms within our shifting awareness.

Om Shanti, Govinda

Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  09:11:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

So, it's kind of a paradoxical situation to speak about. We must forge our concentration to a refined level and degree, so that we can think of nothing but the Divine Being. Yet, the urge is so natural it's like the honey bee instinctively going to the flower (where the nectar awaits). What else could it do? the bee,the blossom and the nectar are all one energy, one Sacred dance. In this light, I am in complete agreement with your stance. Intent and freedom of choice are just the thought bubbles arising. The playful masquerading of the Godhead, as it blooms within our shifting awareness.

Yes, yes!!

Could not agree more, dear Govinda. You are so gifted in your ability to express sweetly, gently and yet emphatically. Thank you for sharing this incredible gift with us all.

Neem Karoli Baba's most emphatic teaching was/is: (in Hindi): "Sab Ek!" (It's all One!) It only seems that my/your/their will and Divine will are different. So perfectly orchestrated by Ishwara, the master of yoga and maya; wouldn't you agree?

Much love to you.
Go to Top of Page

FakeYogi

India
100 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2013 :  2:46:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Reverend Govinda,
I did not understand your statement "All incarnations, in all places and in all eras are happening simultaneous". What does it mean to say happening in different times are happening simultaneous? Can you please elaborate a little? I'm not asking out of mere curiosity. Ageing is my biggest worry and I would be relieved if I can understand how time doesn't exist.
Go to Top of Page

Govinda

USA
176 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2013 :  10:34:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by FakeYogi

Reverend Govinda,
I did not understand your statement "All incarnations, in all places and in all eras are happening simultaneous". What does it mean to say happening in different times are happening simultaneous?

Namaste FakeYogi,

Reverend? Ah shucks, you flatter me (or tease me?). I'm just an ordinary Joe and a simple householder, living an ordinary life. Like everyone here, I am a pilgrim along the way, seeking Spiritus... which in and of itself, is an eternity in the making.

My sincerest of apologies if this is offensive or seen as pretentious and overly verbose. My heart is being sincere and I am only following he urgency of my own spiritual inspirations. I suppose I can come off as preaching or something along those lines? Admittedly so, and I plead guilty as charged! 'Tis a long wing blowing cosmic dust.

But I will answer your question to the best of my ability and hope I do not stray too far off-topic for the subject of this thread, the radiant Master, Mahavatar Sri Babaji Maharaj. And I humbly confess, it is directly through his compassion and intervention, that I have seen any truth at all... or touched the Supreme Being within my innermost self.

That being said, my statement was somewhat metaphysical in it's context and I don't really mean to seem too esoteric about the timeless impression I have experienced in my Sadhana, nor spout off with some emphatic, absolute truth. But all of us are shifting our attention from the gross to the subtle, with every breath we consciously take and then release. Personal incarnation is the very same way as we are born, so too, we eventually all die. Only the indwelling Atman remains changeless and continues to experience alternate dimensions of existence.

From my own small understanding, when we fiercely fix our intent and our deepest focus upon the buzzing presence of the eternal here & now... we embrace a higher vibratory frequency of conscious-awareness, which naturally facilitates an effulgent blooming from within. This stops the mind and engenders an acute awareness of the complex inner workings of the subtle body existent on the inside of oneself.

When we follow this unabashedly, we find that higher and still higher frequencies of vibration are accessible and in such access, one sees and hears with greater clarity, the expression of myriad thought-forms. It is surely so, that we we bring our concentration to this interior point, we travel through a spiraling light portal of sorts. This concentrated momentum brings our internal awareness to that living, multidimensional vortex (which is happening everywhere, in all times and places). It exists as everything and everyone. It is indivisibly itself, experiencing this universe through it's own miraculous diversity.

This is why I have previously said, the Divine Being is hidden ineffably, within the appearances of this and that. It however, remains silent, unmoving, pristinely still and wholly Indivisible... even as it dreams of of this existential paradigm into material, astral and causal bands and frequencies of reality. We are all reflections of this perfection, as all of our centers meet as one, when we are absorbed in our meditations and united as a singularity, within the Unified Field of Omniscient Being.

As we all have experienced in our own unique ways, all real spiritual states of being are free of the time-space-continuum. A very big part of this expansive shift in attention, is about freely accessing levels of consciousness, whereby we transcend the illusory nature of Maya. We are effectively drawn so deeply into the fulcrum of our centered concentration, that we shift our attention from the dichotomous Multiverse to the unified Omniverse. We transcend the appearances we subjectively witness, and wholly immerse ourselves into the very source of our own being, the source of all being... Brahman.

But from this perspective, as all things arise spontaneously from the Supreme Being, of what are they composed? All is indivisibly linked to the Sacred and all manifestation emanates are from the insubstantial formlessness, into the substantial and formed. So, all that is created from the Divine Spirit, is created out of itself. This universe is wholly and quintessentially made out of God-self.

So, manifestation is still the unbound glory of Brahman, regardless of vibration or form. Albeit, eventually all streams return back to the limitless sea and melt into Void it was born therefrom. We are each of us that. So too, we are but one singularity, expressed in myriad and multifarious ways.

When we effectively bring our consciousness to that place where all selves merge into one symphonic chorus, symmetrically interwoven... a deep interconnection and unity, we each cross from the mortal to the immortal view of our own existential being. We attune to the higher oscillation, as we follow the pull and vacuum of the uncoiling bloom of the Sahasrara, deep within the the very core of ourselves.

We awaken to new vistas and merge, only to discover the point where all selves become one entity, one process and one expression of the same Omniversal existence. Seems there's reason that Ishvara starts with the letter "I"? For the I AM expression is the spark and emanation from the Bindu.

Quantum physics also eludes to the intangibility of existence, using critical thinking, reason and rational hypothesis, to confirm that an infinite degree of emptiness exists within all we perceive of as physical (with our 5 senses). Essentially, all sequential manifestations are at best, temporary bubbles awakening to their own frequency and vibration of existence. Yet, this will also pass and new experiences will bloom to replace their impressions.

Even so, we are challenged to step beyond the observations of the mind and the intellect. We are urged by the Divine itself, to shift our awareness to the Spiritus. these bubbles of thought are carried by a current which is both timeless and ageless. This same current flows throughout the matrix of all beings, all places and within all parallel universes. I have been taught by his Holiness, Sri Babaji Maharaj, that our calling is to directly immerse ourselves within THAT spiritual oceanic presence.

For it is the only true reality and it has existed all along, deep within each of us. It exists in seemingly inert matter. It remains unbound within the vacuum of empty space and it is simultaneously, who we truly are in our most basic & sublimest state of being. So, through the Yogic sciences, we embrace this immense force, as we embrace our own existence. We merge within the fulcrum of this eternal state of Holiness and interconnect with all that has ever happened, is now happening and will ever potentially happen in the theoretical future.

Esoterically speaking... we pierce the finite membranes as we fuse attention upon the Infinite and so, freely immerse ourselves within the Sacred Web, the Unified Field of Being, the vortexial portal of Divine Light, the ineffable point of the Bindu. How's that for a run-on sentence?

quote:
Can you please elaborate a little? I'm not asking out of mere curiosity. Ageing is my biggest worry and I would be relieved if I can understand how time doesn't exist.

Well, in regards to the reality which underlies all the ebb and flow of manifest existence, as it appears for a sequential cycle and then also exits this material universe... there is essentially no real time. Neither is there any lasting individuality amongst sentient beings. Energy changes ceaselessly and definitive forms: sprout, blossom and eventually decay into non-existence, once more merging within the insubstantial.

Just as time is an utter mirage, our temporary egos are equally most illusory. The body is a dream we each experience for a span, and who we are on the inside will exist when it returns to so much cosmic dust. From a purely spiritual vantage point, the past and the future all happen in the same present moment. It's only our observation and quantification, that defines any difference or finite reality, save those of our own passing mirages (dream sequences in their own right).

When I am prone to subjectivity it as possessing any quantifiable, aspects or characteristics, definition... or with any humanly describable aspect or recognizable quality at all, I am humbled by it's sheer perfection.

Again, it feels to me like a wave of limitless energy, which is just the surface of an immensely deep oceanic presence, which is whooly still and Absolute. The dancing surface and the still depths are one singular phenomenon. There is no dichotomy when viewed through the spiritual eye, the Ajna. All frequencies of vibration are one scintillating note, when listened to by the spiritual ear, also the Ajna.

Most naturally, as Lord Krishna clearly eludes to in the Bhagavad Gita, all action is the Lila of God. All lifeforms are refracted aspects of the Godhead. Ideas stem from the One to become the many rays and thought-forms. Thus, the Divine exists within all things and creates all realities in one single moment. This explodes Holy emanations radiating out of the Supreme Effulgence of the Bindu.

I cannot pinpoint it within any dualistic framework or definition. But it's innate/insubstantial beauty is reminiscent of love. A love without condition or cause... for it is free of any separation of witness and that which is witnessed. Is it any wonder the Bhaktis have found the most direct path to the Godhead, is that of Divine love?

Such an attention absorbs the self and unites the subject and the object of rapt devotion. I am reminded of the blissfulness and enraptured states of entrancement, experienced by Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa, Sri Anandamayi Ma, Sri Neem Karoli Baba Maharaj, Sri Sant Keshavadas and Sri Sri Sitaramdas Omkarnath. I seriously doubt that these high folks were living at all within the constraints of the time-space-continuum. There is no greater romance!!!

As Sri Anandamayi Ma so simply and eloquently states to the duly impressed Swami Paramahansa Yogananda:

"Father, there is little to tell. My consciousness has never associated itself with this temporary body. Before I came on this earth, Father, I was the same. As a little girl, I was the same. I grew into womanhood, but still I was the same. When the family in which I had been born made arrangements to have this body married, 'I was the same... And, Father, in front of you now, I am the same. Ever afterward, though the dance of creation change around me in the hall of eternity, I shall be the same."

OM Shanti, Govinda

Edited by - Govinda on Jul 25 2013 12:51:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

arti

Christmas Island
18 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2013 :  11:21:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting, the now :D As to teachers well I like to look at leafs :)
Go to Top of Page

sbose

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2021 :  11:49:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I found a newly listed great book written by one of Mahavatar Babaji's disciples.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09J77BKM1/

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000